My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

It strikes me that the population of Honningsvåg was NOT warned about that French paparazzi

I so much enjoy your photos, Yves. You capture the daily life on your voyage, more than enyone else. Your picture-report is so much more on a personal level than on a tourist-level. And you do it in a very lovely "yvneac-way". And I just love it..........Maybe because I feel so much of ME in your way of explore and express your impressions. VERY GOOD !!!!!!

Last time I was in Honningsvåg, I had a great experience. I asked some people were to go to get something to eat, " the Honningsvåg way". And a woman told me (sometimes it can be very wise to listen to women), that a bar/pub/resturant called "Corner" would be a great place. She told me that the chef was from hell, but his food from Heaven. That combination facinated me. So I went upstairs and ordered fish-soup.......

And she was RIGHT. The fish-soup was the most delicios and well tasted food I have ever eaten. I told that to the waitres, and asked if it was possible to have some more........ She just smiled, and gave me one more. When I had eaten my second, the waitres came across my table, and I asked if it was possible to even have a third....... Wait, she said, I just call the chef. And all of the sudden, there he was...... And he REALLY looked like he came from hell.........

But he was very kind, and he told me that my apetite made him proud. So I could stay there all day to eat fish-soup for free, if I told the world that his fish-soup was the best.

(and no I am blushing a bit because I realise that I just done that.......)

HONNINGSVÅG is a really great place to visit. Not ONLY as a tourist-level post-card. But indeed also down on the personal level you have shown us, Yves. Thank You.

Comment

For our last night on board we had a rough sea and showers of snow. I could not hope for more.
      KJOLLEFJORD

Last edited by yvneac; March 18th, 2013, 15:15.

Comment

BERLEVAG

Last edited by yvneac; March 18th, 2013, 15:24.

Comment

And the tetrapodes of the jetty

Last edited by yvneac; March 18th, 2013, 15:26.

Comment

I really love the "people working behind their glasses"-images!
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Last morning.
              When I woke up, the sea was smooth. After breakfast I returned at the wing bridge to enjoy the arrival at Vadso, a nice sail along the shore, then another one from the entrance of the Harbour to Hurtigruten terminal.
              In the morning light the city seemed to float on a coat of pink /orange wadding. It looked beautiful but it sounded poignant as well.
              It was quite early for the usual late risers but everybody was on the deck to share our last morning together. It wasn’t planed, it happened as an evidence. Even Bernadette and Ed, our Londoners, who stayed aboard for the Southbound were there, maybe as sad as we were.
              I think we were all convinced that we had had a unique experience to be so few aboard such a «*special*» boat and, by the way to be able to establish an almost intimate relationship.
              Like teenagers at the end of a holydays camp we exchange our mail adresses before mooring at Kirkenes
              Last edited by yvneac; March 16th, 2013, 19:54.

Comment

Last edited by yvneac; March 16th, 2013, 20:00.

Comment

KIRKENES

Last edited by yvneac; March 16th, 2013, 17:27.

Comment

And as a conclusion

AU REVOIR PETIBATO...
                    Last edited by yvneac; March 16th, 2013, 17:25.

Comment

Thank you for your voyage story Yves. This ended beautifully with beautiful lights of the north.
                      I can understand it was an experience, being both so few on board AND on a very special ship.

Comment

Oh Yves, that photo of your dear Little Boat at Berlevåg just has to be one of the best winter Hurtigruten images I’ve ever seen. (You should also post it in Lofoten's thread )

I also have to say I was charmed by the tetrapodes picture because they look like children’s sandcastles
                        And so we are soon at Kirkenes, and the last image with the AUREVOIR is a perfect ending.

Thank you so much for taking us on your journey. It has been a delight from start to finish, and I too hope you will be back soon.

Comment

Thank you for the trip, Yves, it was delightful. I'm counting days now! (but probably not as nervously as Panji! ).
                          I hope she (and me later) will have the same chance you had with the small crowd and winter weather. It's funny because the weather must have been quite cold, but I feel warmth in your pictures...
                          MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                          Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                          My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

[QUOTE=Seagull;100107]Oh Yves, that photo of your dear Little Boat at Berlevåg just has to be one of the best winter Hurtigruten images I’ve ever seen. (You should also post it in Lofoten's thread )

Thank you so much for your kind comments Cecilia but you overvalue my little pics.
                            With my camera I am not able to do an half of a quarter of what YOU do with yours.
                            Nevertheless I have fun playing with it and sometimes happens a good surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarnia View Post
                              Thank you for the trip, Yves, it was delightful. I'm counting days now! (but probably not as nervously as Panji! ).
                              I hope she (and me later) will have the same chance you had with the small crowd and winter weather. It's funny because the weather must have been quite cold, but I feel warmth in your pictures...
                              Don't worry about that Sarnia
                              As says Olivier de Kersauson (traduction libre et édulcorée)nly seadogs sail in winter...and they aren't the majority!
                              Last edited by yvneac; December 6th, 2012, 16:24.

Comment

Thank you for telling your story here, and also many thanks for the great variety of pictures that you have posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X