My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

So long as you keep your own battery fully charged, Yves, then we're all happy!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Last edited by yvneac; March 20th, 2013, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
        So long as you keep your own battery fully charged, Yves, then we're all happy!
        Thank's for solicitude, Ivy.

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post

Comment

I stayed in the panoramic lounge and read Le Passager Du Polarlys
            Funny, that's the book I'm reading right now! (maybe I should have saved it for later!)
            The lounge is so inviting ... Do you manage to read if the ship is moving a lot ? (I'm not sure I could)

Comment

ONLY IN NORWAY

Last edited by yvneac; March 20th, 2013, 11:08.

Comment

Past Ornes we met Polarlys

Last edited by yvneac; March 20th, 2013, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by PanjiS View Post
                  Funny, that's the book I'm reading right now! (maybe I should have saved it for later!)
                  The lounge is so inviting ... Do you manage to read if the ship is moving a lot ? (I'm not sure I could)

I have never got a seasick. Sorry Valerie.

Comment

And more moodful pictures. I like so much the cargo pictures from Trondheim, but all the others are so typical for a journey on Lofoten. And then also reading the fitting book, perfect! And - of course, thank you for sharing.
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

This is a great trip-report... so great to read and to be able see the story unfold on board one of the finest veteran ships still in service.
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank's all for your friendly comments.

When we moored in Bodo I was on the wing bridge, trying to see somebody looking like Martin on the quay. No-one!
                        Then I walked off for the traditonal stroll downtown and of course to have a look at Gamle Salten(I will post on her thread).
                        Sunny day,nice light. I would’nt say Bodo is a beautiful town but it has a specific identity with its railway station terminal (the end of something, the bottom of a road), its Harbour life, its sailing boats basin, its busy atmosphere and saturday afternoon activity.
                        As I shot the Erling Jarl statue, I asked an old man standing there to traslate the inscription. He did it and told me how tragic was this fire, those 14 lost lives.
                        By chance he was a former radio officer aboard Coastal Line old generation vessels ( I am not sure but I guess he spoked about Kong Olav and Kong Harald). He still keeps in contact with radio-friends by his radio-amateur hobby, including French correspondants.
                        A gripping meeting.

Comment

Bodo harbour and MS Gamle Salten.

Last edited by yvneac; March 20th, 2013, 10:00.

Comment

PETIBATO IN THE SUN

ERLING JARL STATUE

Last edited by yvneac; March 20th, 2013, 09:58.

Comment

A concert in the shopping center.Christian singers.I am agnostic but I don't mind.Furthermore they played good music.And when you travel you have to pay attention to those cultural manifestations.

Last edited by yvneac; March 20th, 2013, 09:57.

Comment

Getting back to the boat for departure, I was on the way to my cabin when, as Stanley and Livingstone, we met together Martin and me.
                                Because unexpected the surprise was even nicer.
                                It was almost a race against time Martin being busy and, as you know, Hurtigruten being punctual but I enjoyed these few minutes we spent there. Without CVF, no chance for that. First time we meet, but quickly we have something to share.
                                I appreciate Martin’s kindness and I could see how helpful he was with his “team” of teenagers.
                                So Martin when you will arrive in the harbour of Caen, I’ll be on the quay, a bottle of my burgundy wine to drink to your health!
                                Last edited by yvneac; November 26th, 2012, 20:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X