X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

As I post on Lofoten thread I will be on board from Bergen 31th October to Kirkenes 6th November.
    I think crew manifest is an appropriate place to begin a before and after report.
    I have already had fruitful contacts with Ralf and Hmartin and, thanks’ us, I feel like I am already on the bridge wing or sharing a cup of tea in the panoramic lounge.
    I noticed during my previous journeys on the line that locals come often to the quay, sometimes just to have a break and enjoy the special atmosphere of Hurtigrute’s call.
    So I don’t wish to impose myself upon anybody , it would be rude, but if some of CVF members come and see our dear Lofoten I shall surely be around the gangway, ready for a friendly chatting.
    More or less I shall look like that:

Re: My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

Two weeks to go, Yves - you must be excited. It will be a great trip, I know. Good luck.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

In the last post one can see my Amundsen’s look, adapted to the latitude. Of course when I stay in Seychelles, I add sun glasses!
      More seriously I have a question for two members.
      First. Jan-Olav on This is Trondheim you have posted pics. of a nice café-bar (#782).Can you confirm that it takes place in Baklandet and which part of the street. In another hand if I am not a rock fan, Rockheim seems to be interesting. If it is easily reachable from Hurtigruten terminal ,maybe I could have a look. Is it far from the pier?
      Second. Asimut, I shall have a four hours call at Tromso. Is it enough to go to the wreck?
      If yes what is the way from the harbor?
      In advance thanks for your answers.

Comment

Jan-Olav is working night shift right now and probably won’t see your post, so I made you a map.
        That café, http://www.skydsstation.no/
        is a similar distance away as the cathedral, but at the opposite side of the river, a little beyond the picturesque old town bridge. It is marked "A" on the map.

Comment

Thanks' Ivy and Cecilia.
          Today at lunch Françoise,my sweet darling,said with her dubious smile (the worst!) that I'm so clumsy I risk during the trip,looking for the toilets to fall overboard.It will be busy for your guardian angel,she adds.
          Execrable sense of humour!
          Well maybe she'snot so wrong.
          So,Ivy and Cecilia if you'refree the first week of November,the job belongs to you.
          YVES

Comment

Ah, your dear Françoise, perhaps not knowing the questions you’ve been asking, doesn’t realise that the busiest time for your guardian angel will be ensuring you return from your explorations at the ports before the ship departs without you!

Comment

Yves I'm really excited to read about your trip. I hope you will be more efficient than me in sharing your story and pictures, my last trip was in March and I am not through sorting my pictures... I hope I will manage to post some pictures here before my next trip (in February).
              MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
              Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
              My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                Ah, your dear Françoise, perhaps not knowing the questions you’ve been asking, doesn’t realise that the busiest time for your guardian angel will be ensuring you return from your explorations at the ports before the ship departs without you!
                Don't worry Cecilia.I can be serious......sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Sarnia View Post
                  Yves I'm really excited to read about your trip. I hope you will be more efficient than me in sharing your story and pictures, my last trip was in March and I am not through sorting my pictures... I hope I will manage to post some pictures here before my next trip (in February).

Bonjour Sarnia.
                  I saw your pics. on your blog.Superb.The stopover on Lofoten islands is magic (love the hermine and the pygargue).

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                    I saw your pics. on your blog.Superb.The stopover on Lofoten islands is magic (love the hermine and the pygargue).
                    Merci!
                    I want to sort the best pictures and post them here but in a bigger format than on my blog.
                    MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                    My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Dear yvneac,

Welcome to Trondheim, and to Norway!

So happy that Lady C in my absence at work pointed out the places you would like to visit. Both Rockheim and the coffeeshop are really nice places.

When you arrive, there will also be a brand new walkway open in the port (next to the Rockheim building). I actually opens today, or tomorrow, and will make the walk to town a whole lot easier! It will be called "Sjøgangen".

I made you a map where you can find the walkway.

A: Your ship

B: Rockheim

C: Sjøgangen shortcut walkway to town.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you so much,J-O,for this map.I am sure I will use the new walkway to reach the city center.
                        And as I read on your Trondheim thread ,I will be able to see snow on the streets.What a blessing!!!
                        YVES

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                          Thank you so much,J-O,for this map.I am sure I will use the new walkway to reach the city center.
                          And as I read on your Trondheim thread ,I will be able to see snow on the streets.What a blessing!!!
                          YVES
                          A video from the opening of the walk way today:

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondh...cle6557887.ece
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hello Yves! Bon voyage Thank you to the others for sharing information about the new way of getting to downtown Trondheim from the harbour! That's good to know...

Comment

Originally posted by PanjiS View Post
                              Hello Yves! Bon voyage Thank you to the others for sharing information about the new way of getting to downtown Trondheim from the harbour! That's good to know...
                              Indeed! It looks very handy to get directly to the train station (for my February trip we are getting of the ship in Trondheim - Southbound - and taking the train back to Oslo).

Comment

Working...
                              X