Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Ralf, thank goodness you are all right, although you must have suffered some backlash and that is the last thing you want.
    I hope all the practical matters are sorted soon, but most important is that you recover within yourself from this nasty upset. Take care, and we are thinking of you.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Oh, didn't like that message at all.
      Hope you're still ok and especially your neck. Take care, you are in my thoughts, Ralf.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• I did warn you Ralf:get your driving license!
        Seriously,I'm rassured that you are not hurt.

Comment

• nari
          nari commented
          Editing a comment
          Ralf, not everyone experiences whiplash with a rear-ender; it depends on the velocity of the cars and layout of the seat.
          If you do feel some pain, keep moving your neck and head regularly and gently. You can ignore this if you wish, but I have dealt with whiplash effects for decades as a physio and the worst thing to do is immobilise the neck. It promotes stiffness and pain.
          All the best.

• Oh, all these comments are overwhelming! Thank you so much for the good wishes!
        The difference in velocity was not too big and in the car behind me even the airbag did not blow up. I wasn't on the brake since i saw him coming, just trying to change my lane. But is was too late, he hit my left rear corner. So i had to balance the car out in two quick sliding curves. So it was a strong, but relatively weak push forward. No more problems with neck and spin beside those, i already have. Since the Czech Citroen garage was not very helpful, i drove one hour back to Germany and left the car there. They gave me a used Xsara Picasso. Today an expert had a look at the car and the damage. He is now caculationg, if a repair is cheaper than the current value of the car. Cross your fingers, that a repair is possible. I like the car and wanted to drive it one more year. Ordering now a new one will take 8-12 weeks, what will i use for my business trips inbetween? Tomorrow i will get the message during my way back home.
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Car can still be repaired, that's the good news. The bad is, that it is until tomorrow big paperwork to manage all contracts with garage, expert office, the insurance of the guilty driver and so on...
          I hope to get all sorted out soon...

You can see my replacement car here:
          http://amt-tir.de/AMT-Shop/index.html

I would have liked so much to have one of their classic cars instead...
          http://amt-tir.de/OldieGalerie/index.html

Comment

• yvneac
            yvneac commented
            Editing a comment
            Haaaa.A DS or a SM....Classy eh?

• Sorry to you all, that i am popping in very seldom and only very short, but since our campervan was ready shortly before the Easter holidays, we travelled already more than 5.000km to Holland, the North Sea, Italy, Bavaria, Czech Republic and maybe this week again somewhere. As soon as i have some time to sort out pictures, i will give you an illustrated update. Work is also going on, so during these weeks there is not much space left. But i keep on thinking at you all...

Comment

• Seagull
            Seagull commented
            Editing a comment
            Have a wonderful time Ralf

• Wherever you get to, Ralf, take care always and really enjoy your travels in your campervan. It's becoming a second home for you. Great! You work so hard and it is good to see you gallivanting off now and again.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Ireland - Wild Atlantic Way 2017

Countdown is running now. We are leaving at Saturday morning, 6th of May. We will spend the night anywhere near Deauville / Villers sur Mer.
            On Sunday 7th of May we will take the ferry from Cherbourg to Rosslare / Ireland. We will arrive there Monday 8th and continue to Cork, where we will spend the night.
            From Tuesday 9th of May we will follow the Wild Atlantic Way in clockwise direction as quick and as far as we like.
            Return from Ireland on Saturday 27th, arriving back in France at Sunday, 28th of May.

http://www.wildatlanticway.com/

Travel tips or meeting opportunities welcome.

Comment

• Safe trip Ralf.

Good luck with your van's suspension! Some bumpy, bumpy roads and wonderfully deep potholes in Ireland - we had to have the anti-roll bar bushes changed on our (at the time) 18-month old car last time we went. West coast is stunningly beautiful though.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• May you and your family have a great holiday, and please bring back some photos. I have a dream of one day to visit Ireland.
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Hi Regine and Ralf It was great to meet you and share nice friendly moments last night A bientôt PS hope the cheese does not smell too much in your camping car

Comment

• Ralf__
                    Ralf__ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Cheese is safely put away in a sealed Box. We just have it to smuggle through the Irish Customs. You are Not allowed to Bring milk products from the mainland. In the meantime we had ... let' s call it food... on the ferry. So good to have had such a wonderful dinner yesterday. Thank you Both Again. Pictures will Follow later. Uploading is a mess with stena-wifi.

• Greetings from Cork. We had a smooth cruise in Stena Horizon. Very calm sea and sunny weather in Southern Ireland. We stay tonight in Cork. Tommorrow we proceed to the Wild Atlantic Way.
                  But first some pictures of our meeting with Yves.

After a wonderful dinner.

The same place at the next morning.

One of the most beautiful villages of Normadie: Beuvron en Auge. And sometimes you meet very kind people there - like Yves & Francoise...

Comment

• Hi there. A short update from the galway area. Our first week was sunny with unbelievable light conditions. The southern peninsulas are amazing. The wild atlantic way is a must for passionate drivers. Very small and curvy roads. Most people with larger campmobiles are switching on the larger roads. We have the ideal size with our "bully" and we fit under the height borders of the parking areas in the villages. Days out in the nature, evenings with music, ale and stout in local pubs. Nights with seavew at sandy beaches. Our night stays were mizen head, sheeps head, dingle, doolin and some more. Now we are west of galway on a remote campsite at the shore. Could upload pictures, but had to fetch my laptop from deep down in the trunk. But that would mean, i get my office connection and my work, naaah!!! So pictures and a complete report will follow later.

Comment

• Today we reached sligo and stand in our pitch at rosses point with marvellous view over the bay. It seems, we can make all the way up on the end of the wild atlantic way until wednesday evening, until we have to return. You will see it all in the trip report!

Comment

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ralf should be just about home now, with campervan emptied and the laptop back on the table. But although we look forward to the photos, Ralf, we know there'll be stacks of work to attend to first.
                        Don't leave it too long though!

• You are so right. We reached home yesterday in the late afternoon and emptied the van. Today was filled with updating my knowledge about the current work.
                      But here are some teasers...

Comment

Working...
                      X