No announcement yet.

Ralf__ is on tour...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night in Norway. We arrived in Voss. Today we had wonderful weather. The Sognefjell-road seemed to be opened about noon, but at this time we had passed Olden and were heading to Urnes. The ferry schedule however was quite uncomfortable for us, so we alternated again and drove to Borgund to visit the stavkirke there. That was a good decision, since the church of Borgund in my opinion is much nicer than that one in Urnes. Then we drove as planned to the viewpoit at the Aurlandroad, after passing the long tunnel with the colored halls. I guess we have driven today about 100km under Norway, one tunnel after another.... Tomorrow we want to leave early since the participants of the Bergen-Voss cycle race will arrive at about 10 a.m..directly beside out camping site. We will send no report from tthe Hirtshals ferry, since they want a lot of money for the internet access on board. So you will read the start of my travel report next week.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sigve
      Sigve commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish you a happy voyage home!

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Still 1.200km to go by car. Plus the sea route Bergen-Hirtshals.

Still a happy holiday to you and be safe when driving home!
    Voss...., it "sound" like a place in the high mountains of Norway, at least for me, as the place is known for its winter sports and all.
    But you know what? Voss is only 57 meters above sea level ;-)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Work is catching me more than i thought. We made it well home. Actually i don't know when i will start the report. Stay tuned.

Comment

Ralf, we'll stay tuned alright! So good that after all your adventures you all made it home OK. Yes, the work is always waiting, but we are patient and will wait too!
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

You know, I'm sure we used to have a member in Germany, I think he lived in Stut...Stutttg... yes Stuttgart. His name? Er-rr---rrrrrr, wait, wait, yes - Ralf. There, got it! He went off to Norway and I'm pretty sure he came back. Yes, that's right, for he was muttering about having so much work waiting for him so it would be a while before he could post his report.
          And yet - or perhaps it was a dream - I'm sure he did come back again to CVF for a very brief spell, but yet he's disappeared once more!
          As an old Scottish song goes "Will ye no' come back again?"
          Ivy

Comment

You are so impatient, wherrygirl. It was a long journey, you know. But we are getting more and more expectant, as time goes. That's for sure.
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---
            IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

So long since we heard from Ralf. I've emailed him to check that all is well with him and his family, hoping that it is just the ever-waiting work that is keeping him away.
              Ivy

Comment

Not quite sure what you'all mean, or wait for, as Ralfs images from the Norway trip has been posted on previous pages in this thread, and the stay in my region start here http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...on-tour/page14

I heard from him 3 weeks ago (via comments in the This is Kristiansund thread ;-) ), as he was over his head in work in CZ. That might be another European country.

If the case is so that he has been on yet another vacation and roundtrip somewhere, please excuse me for sleeping in class :-D
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Ralf's report on your region ended on 5 June, Svein. Then on 12 June he said:
                  Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                  Work is catching me more than i thought. We made it well home. Actually i don't know when i will start the report. Stay tuned.
                  CZ is the Czech Republic, to which Ralf's work takes him very often. Some while ago he mentioned that he was taking Czech language classes and finding it rather a tricky language to get to grips with. But knowing Ralf, he'll do it!
                  But I am just concerned that all is well with him and his family.
                  Ivy

Comment

I've now heard from Ralf and yes, he has been very busy. On top of his work he is also doing his stint helping at the summer camp at Waldheim. He took me to see it while I was over there and I had forgotten about him going there each summer.
                    He sends his very best regards and says he'll be back in two or three weeks.
                    The main thing is that all is OK with him.
                    Ivy

Comment

Hello back. This week is still a little bit chaotic, while my wife and son are still in the summer camp, while i change from there to our home and job. From next week on all is going to get back on normal track and i think i can get you updated from then on about the various activities. Now i need first some time to follow up on your threads!

Comment

I have again a lot of work going on and had no quiet time for the forum recently. Next week i am a week off in the Black Forest without phone and computer. I will try to join in the week after next week again. Have fun!

Comment

• Sigve
                          Sigve commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A week without phone and computer...? What about food? Are you joining a survival course in the wilderness, or something...?

Blow a kiss to the trees for me, Ralf. Enjoy your week, it will be precious and quiet.
                        Ivy

Comment

Safe travels, always, Ralf!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

So true. Thank you for your wishes. Had an accident today. Someone (obviously sleeping or dreaming) hit my car from behind on the highway in Czech Republic near Pilsen. Nobody was hurt, but severe damage to the cars. Police, workshop, replacement car --- all this took hours. Bad day, but i am o.k.. Just trying to come down again. Will join in soon again...

Comment

• Seagull
                              Seagull commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Take your time and some rest Ralf after all this. Thinking of you.

• Tommi
                              Tommi commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's definitely something that one want's to go through. I hope that you are still fine.

• pakarang
                              pakarang commented
                              Editing a comment
                              OMG! That is not nice to hear.... but thankfully, you are all OK.

Cars and time can be replaced, lives can not. Despite all the extra hazzle, I'm so glad to hear you are all OK!
                          Working...
                          X