Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member from Normandy

Bonjour à tous.
    I found this site by chance,it appears friendly, so I wished to join you.
    As a tipical frenchman,my english is not really fluent, so I hope you'll be kind towards my grammatical blunders.
    My first visit to Norway was in summer 1975 and summer 1976 as hitch hiker,Jack Kerouac's On The Road in my ruck sac.Then in 1979, and in 1981 I showed this magic country to my bride-to-be :good deal, we are still together.
    During my 79 journey I used costle line as a bus but I don't remember the name of boats I sailed onboard.It was a good way to approach people and I keep nice memories of meetings during these trips.
    Recently I took up with Hurtigruten again onboard Trollfjord and Nordkapp in spring and cristmas and I expect to be on ms Lofoten next november.
    What I like on the line:to do nothing,just sea,wind,boat and me.And for want of burgundy wine, drink a glass of Mack in the panoramic lounge....
    Last edited by yvneac; February 20th, 2012, 20:07.

Re: new member from Normandy

hello yvneac,welcome to this indead friendly forum.
    don't worry about grammatical blunders,i made them still,after years i'm here,but they will help you if they cane,and they will.
    lots of fun here on CV
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Hi there,
      and a very warm welcome to the world of CVF. Please enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to write, your English is perfectly understandable!
      Tommi

Comment

Bonjour from me as well. Your english is perfect, I am afraid my School French was many many years ago so not so good, easier to understand than to write or speak French. Enjoy CV, and it is so nice to have members from many different countries, although I wish i could pronounce all the names !

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Hello! Welcome to CVF!! I hope you enjoy the photos and stories - and I'm sure that you have some of your own to share with us too!
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A big welcome to you yvneac. Good to have you aboard!

Comment

Just few words to thank you for welcome.
              It seems you live in Edinburgh, a town where I spent a very good time years ago.In the 80's I retunrned there twice for rugby Scotland- France.J Jeffries was the best third line I ever seen and scottish supporters were real experts.I don't remember how much pints we had together to celebrate the french defeat but it looked like a victory!
              In western Scotland I used the Caledonnian Mac Bride ferries to Outers Hebrides always in the 80's.It was not the norwegian organisation,Icould say: more latin.But, by chance on board,I had friendly meetings with crew and inhabitants.Since a long time I want to go back to Mull,Skye,Harris and Lewis.I hope I will.
              Last edited by yvneac; February 20th, 2012, 22:54.

Comment

Thank you for welcome,PoloUK.
                Infortunetly I don't make photos, I am too lazy for that.Onboard most of time I dream, smell the sea ,and watch the birds.But I'll ask my wife to send her pictures.If I offer flowers,maybe she will agree!

Comment

Thank you for welcome,Kiki42.
                  As a normand guy, we are almost cousins!Living in Caen, I go very often to Carteret where the sea looks like a carrebean lagoon.From there, I can see the eastern coasts of jersey , an island I went few times,always with pleasure.My wife has custom to sail in the Anglo-Normandes (sailing boat) with her childhood friends but as it is an exclusive feminine crew I stay at home and cook for their return!Well, maybe I could go with them,I did'nt ask strongly enough!

Comment

Thank you for welcome Janihudi.
                    And I promess I'll try to improve my english to share my sensations about Norway and chiefly the fantastic Hurtigruten experience.
                    All the best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                      ....It seems you live in Edinburgh, a town where I spent a very good time years ago.In the 80's I retunrned there twice for rugby Scotland- France....
                      Yes, I’ve lived in Edinburgh for many years, although I’m actually English born. So not sure which Rugby team I should be supporting!!!! .
                      I don’t know much about that sport, but the supporters who travel here for the big matches at this time of year are really great, and bring a good atmosphere around the shopping streets and the hotels and especially the pubs and bars in the city centre.

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                        Onboard most of time I dream, smell the sea ,and watch the birds.But I'll ask my wife to send her pictures.If I offer flowers,maybe she will agree!
                        yvneac, you are most welcome on board CVF, where you can dream away.
                        There is so much here that I know will catch your eye and interest you, and it would be lovely if your wife will post some of her photos for then you can tell us a little about them, eh? I see you are a birdwatcher. Me too. We shall be able to compare notes sometimes.
                        Don't worry about the language, it looks great to me. Like Kiki, my French - if it still exists at all - is the schoolgirl variety.
                        Enjoy yourself with us.
                        Last edited by wherrygirl; February 21st, 2012, 18:43.
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thank you for your post,Wherrygirl.
                          Idid'nt answer before because I was staying in my house in the deep countryside of rural Normandy, where I have'nt computer neither TV as well.It is my old fashion touch!
                          So I have all my time free to ear birds in the garden.Actually, robins become to be rery chirpy....even soon in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                          X