Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member from France

Hello CV!

I have discovered your forum thanks to new member Toilapol. It is also thanks to him and his travel stories that I have caught the "Hurtigruten" bug and a taste for high latitudes...

I have traveled twice on the Coastal Express (April 2006 onboard the MS Lofoten and December 2010 with MS Polarlys), and twice on the MS Fram (Feb 2009 in Antarctica and September 2011 in Svalbard). I am getting ready for a new trip aboard the MS Lofoten (love this ship) departing Bergen March 3rd.
    You can find accounts for these trips on my blog in my signature (I apologize it's in French only, you can maybe use Google Translate) and for the first MS Lofoten trip here: http://hurtigruten.terremer.net

I am a French woman and I also live in Brittany (90km south of Saint Malo). I already really enjoyed reading some of the discussions here and looking at beautiful pictures, and I hope I can contribute a little bit in the future!
    MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
    Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
    My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Re: Another new member from France

Hi Sarnia! Welcome to CVF.

I look forward to having time to look at your blog slowly soon! There are some fantastic photos on the little bit of it I've seen so far.
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Hallo Sarnia, how good to see you on CVF. I know you'll enjoy exploring the threads here and I look forward both to seeing your posts and also the accounts of the travels on your blog.
      Welcome,
      Ivy
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Hello there, Sarnia!!!

A warm welcome to us here at CVF, and hope you find many interesting threads to both read and perhaps post your own words and pictures into.
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Hi, and a very warm welcome to CVF. There's really a lot of things to discover here!
          I had a brief look in your photoblog, lots of nice pictures there.

Comment

A big welcome aboard from me too Sarnia.

Comment

A warm welcome on board this very friendly forum, to you as well Sarina.

I hope and trust you will find your stay with us fun, educational and very addictive. Really looking forward to seeing you around!
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Welcome to CV Sarnia, you are a not a too distant neighbour, lovely to have you onboard,
                Last edited by kiki42; February 6th, 2012, 21:35. Reason: errors

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Bonjour and WELCOME, Sarnia!!! Glad you are with us!

Comment

Thank you all for your warm welcome.

kiki42, I am indeed close to you, actually I have a sailboat in Granville (near the Mont Saint Michel) and I sail to the Channel Islands at least once a year! (and my nickname comes from the roman name of Guernsey).
                    MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                    My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Great to have one more sailor around here!
                      May I ask what kind of boat do you have? I sail a Swedish 25-footer, a Albin Express. It's by the way named 's/y Tiger'.

Comment

My boat is a traditional wooden sailboat (based on the traditionnal fishing boats from the Mont Saint Michel area), 23 foot-long, a gaff-rig cutter, one of a kind! She is 60 years old this year and still in very good shape!
                        Last edited by Sarnia; February 8th, 2012, 14:10.

Comment

OOh- Photos please, Sarnia--she sounds lovely!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarnia View Post
                            Thank you all for your warm welcome.

kiki42, I am indeed close to you, actually I have a sailboat in Granville (near the Mont Saint Michel) and I sail to the Channel Islands at least once a year! (and my nickname comes from the roman name of Guernsey).
                            Thats very interesting, and you must let me know when you will be in Jersey again, and we can say " Hello " its nice to be able to meet up with other members.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Here is a picture of my boat :

It was a windy day so the mainsail had been reduced.

Comment

Working...
                              X