X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder's holiday weekend... Latest update

As you may have seen in another thread, Sterkoder and his dear lady were off to Paris this weekend …

…but due to WEATHER things didn’t go exactly to plan…

…I just received an sms message from him and he says to say hello to you all!!

Due to bad weather…FOG… in KSU, they are still at Gardermoen…and that’s after having to first travel to Molde by bus and then fly from there! But they didn’t get their flight Gardermoen to Paris and so re-booked via Arlanda and Frankfurt!!!!

So now due to arrive in Paris at 11pm tonight.

(Well, those of you who enjoy the aviation thread, planes, airports etc., you may see your kind of photos from Sterkoder after all!!!! )

Re: Sterkoder's holiday weekend... Latest update

Oh no, what a start! But like you say, this is bound to lead to a few extra and unexpected photo opportunities!

Well thankfully they have got the extra few hours on Sunday to make up for today's loss. May their break be free from further unscheduled excursions!
    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

A short report from GM:
      Just had a couple of shrimp sandwishes and beers at the 'Seafood Bar' at Gate 42 in the GM abroad wing.
      For anyone who want to follow my tour, I will fly Gm to Arlanda at SK496, then SK673 from Arlanda to Frankfurt, and finally LH1050 from Frankfurt to Paris.
      Last edited by Sterkoder; September 30th, 2011, 14:27.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

NEVER choose seat 32E on board a MD-82!!!
        Last edited by Sterkoder; September 30th, 2011, 21:11.

Comment

Well, it seems our dear Big S managed to get some internet access at OSL, and with the flight numbers now confirmed, I for one will most certainly be trying to keep track of his journey throughout the day.

As was alluded to in a holiday thread of pakarang’s recently, shrimps are always something I would like to eat, and so I think I shall forever think fondly and affectionately of “shrimp sandwishes” …rather than the impossibly difficult English spelling sandwiches…in future. Smile of the Day, definitely!

Svein, in case you are able to read here on your iPhone but not reply, may I send you both my Very Best WISHES for your continuing journey.

Comment

And indeed, by the time I had typed the above, they are on their way to Sweden!

(Not tempted to have a romantic weeked at Jumbo Hostel instead of Paris?…thought I’d get that one in before Jan-Olav catches up with all this! )

Comment

Sterkoder’s Arlanda to Frankfurt flight departed nearly 15 minutes late at 17:04

Comment

I just checked Frankfurt arrivals website and they've landed at at 19:04

Comment

Rebooked to LH1052, departure FRANKFURT 21:35 local german time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    NEVER choose seat 32E on board a MD-82!!!
                    Oh no! Don't tell me you got the engines for comfort! Eeeek!
                    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Safe and sound settled in the hotell in Paris...., after a very long day
                      (Not many pictures taken today, I can assure you).

Comment

Had to miss following the actual arrival due to that final re-booking...but I was more or less following you around all day...hope having some virtual CV travelling buddies along was cheering......but now off you go and soak up the Parisian atmosphere you two, and have yourselves an absolutely great (and romantic time).

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                          Oh no! Don't tell me you got the engines for comfort! Eeeek!
                          Or maybe a bit too close to the galley?
                          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

In time honoured CV tradition.... Your mission Sterkoder, if you choose to accept it, is to bring back lot's of photos from your adventure! LOL
                            Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

This is hilarious!!!! I mean, not the rebooking part--but the stalking!

Comment

Working...
                              X