Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Northern Norway :)

Finally after finding my password again I was able to come on here again
    I made an account over a year ago but this is acctually my first post, and thought I'd say hi.

My name is Carina Hansen, I'm 23, and I live in Stamsund, Lofoten Islands.
    Hurtigruten has been my biggest interest for 10 years, (and the ship "Richard With" has a huuuge spot in my heart). The last 3 years I have used a lot of time building my own Hurtigruten-dedicated homepage: www.hurtigruten-web.com.

Photography is also a major hobby, and I see so many good photos on here , and competitions, etc. so this looks like a great place to share these interests on with others.

Greetings, Carina
    Last edited by carinahansen; September 22nd, 2011, 03:13.

Re: Hi from Northern Norway

Hello there, Carina..., and a warm welcome!!!
    Just visited your web-pages about hurtigruten, and I must say I was impressed!
    And those photos of yours....., they are just stunning! Must say you are a master handling your camera.
    I have only been as far north as Bodø, and your images of Stamsund and other places up there, remind me that I sure have a vacation to plan in the future to go and see this beautiful part of our country.
    Hope you find this forum and all its threads interesting so that you stay with us. Have a great day!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Hello from me Carina and a big welcome to our friendly family here. Oh my…you live in Stamsund!!!! It is among my most favourite of ports of call on Hurtigruten. Congratulations on your well-designed website, and on your photos of both ships and scenery.

Comment

Hi Carina! Glad you are back with us and posting!!!!!!

As soon as I fix my coffee I will settle down with your website and have a look!

So set yourself a new thread somewhere and start posting photos!!! Welcome!!!!!

Comment

A warm welcome, Carina. You have a very nice site there, and i will have to return several times to see it all. We would like to see more comments and pictures, so don't stop posting. Here am i on my last stop at a place you might know in 2007.

Some of us will show up in Stamsund at 3rd of November aboard Nordnorge. Maybe we will have a short meet and greet at the pier?
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Dear Carina,

.... and a very warm welcome on board our friendly forum: we hope and trust that your stay here will be pleasant and we all look forward to hearing much more from you in the future. Enjoy your stay.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hi Carina,
              a very warm welcome to the forum. You have indeed a really nice homepage with lots of interesting reading and information. I think you have great talent in photography! As you've probably seen, there are several sections on the forum where you can post pictures of different subjects. I'm really looking forward to see more from you.

PS: You might also be interested to have a look in my Richard With album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rotonen...7621932088213/

Comment

Hi Carina! A very warm welcome to the friendliest plave on the interweb!
                Your homepage is quite stunning, I'm sure you will have a great time with us here on CV!

Cheers Paul
                Last edited by SaintsFCFan; September 23rd, 2011, 20:55.
                Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Carina
                  Hope you will enjoy your stay here with us.
                  Great website you have, with lots of information.
                  Looking forward to lots of pictures from you in the future.
                  Best wishes from
                  Bengt Domben

Comment

So fun the read the friendly welcomes.
                    I have thought of it for a long time to try and translate my Hurtigruten-page into english, and ones I find the currage to grab that task I will start working on it.
                    I'm anyway really happy to see you like it, and the pictures on it.

Seagull, I'm thrilled to see Stamsund is among your favourite ports. I remember I visited "Nordstjernen" a month ago or so, and a tourist almost came back to late, and the tour guide told him they nearly had to leave him behind. The man answered with the most sarcastic comment: "Nice place to be left on!!". Haha, it was kind of fun. I guess he didnt like it here that much

Ralf if you spot a girl on a bike at the quay, thats me

Tommi I loved your photos of RW. Thanx for sharing them. I see my earlier colleagues on the bridge there. (I used to work onboard Hurtigruten, and hopefully will again soon.)

Comment

One of those memories from my first and only visit in Stamsund was the local kids coming on board to see what was going on that saturday evening. It felt very positive to for a short while be a part of the local community.
                      Next time I'll be coming around to Stamsund is together with Ralf and Seagull on the 3rd of november, would love to see you then. I wonder if the weather still bike'able then?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                        One of those memories from my first and only visit in Stamsund was the local kids coming on board to see what was going on that saturday evening. It felt very positive to for a short while be a part of the local community.
                        Next time I'll be coming around to Stamsund is together with Ralf and Seagull on the 3rd of november, would love to see you then. I wonder if the weather still bike'able then?
                        Always bikable for me maybe I need to start practice my english-talking already then!? (im hideously shy)... but your from Sweden, that works fine

Comment

Hi and Welcome Carina!
                          From Stamsund, huh? Been there twice, bought a boat the first time and a car the second time :P
                          And not to far away from Harstad either
                          Looking forward to seeing your posts, and I hope you show us Lofoten at its best and at its worst

Comment

Dearest Carina,

No reason to be shy in here at CVF: we are a very friendly family and love the polite atmosphere we all have been able to create. The people you will meet here are among the most friendliest and informative people you might ever meet. I'm also (strangely enough) a bit shy at times, but in here, I'm really proud of the fine people coming together. I'm sure you will settle in just perfect.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                            X