X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV family meeting 2011 in Prague

Here is a very short report of our Prague meeting with Elisabeth, Alix and her family.

A map of Prague and our traces through the city. We had a 24h ticket for the tramway and walked also some parts of our way.

The Americans lived in Palace Hotel and me in Church Pension. We met at Wenzel Plaza and took then the tramway to the cable car. With the cable car we ascended to the Petrin tower. We climbed up the stairs to the upper platform (60m). Then we walked over to one of the oldest pubs in Prague, Cerny Vul. Two beers later we walked over to the tramway museum and took the historic tramway, which carried us across the city up to the old fairground. There we had a grilled sausage (klobasa) and a Czech Coke (Kofola). With the normal tramway we returned to the hotel, met again after a short rest and walked to the restaurant U Balbinu, where we had Czech food and local dark beer. All ended in the Palace Hotel bar with a Becherovka...
    Last edited by Ralf__; July 14th, 2011, 15:14.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Re: CV family meeting 2011 in Prague

Some pictures as appetizer. E was taking pictures all the time and will come over with the details.

The two girls on top of the tower, exhausted of the stairs (it were hot days in Prague with severe thunderstorms during the nichts). Alix was very brave, because she has fear of heights and the stairs were leading along the outside of the tower. She managed it with shaking knees. Sorry, Alix, i did not know that before.

An this was our panorama:

Prague Castle:

The Old Town:

Comment

And here two pictures of the historic tramway. I have to apologize, i took only a few pictures, because i was too busy with my role as tour guide (Thijs will understand...) and simply forgot to take more pictures.

But Elisabeth will help...

It was a wonderful day with so much interesting discussions with the whole family - completely crazy people over there in Georgia.
      Be prepared when they announce a visit in your town, they are colorful, chatting and laughing all the time, they are loud .... and they are many.
      How to avoid meeting them? Don't visit Italian Restaurants!

Comment

Oh we had so much fun with you Ralf!!! And you are AMAZING to sit there at our hotel after our dinner with so many crazy Southern people!!!!!! I told them you felt like you were in an episode from Dallas, and everyone HOWLED with laughter. Julie (my adorable, crazy sister-in-law who came down stairs and shuffled my mom off to bed) wants to know if you think she's more Sue Ellen or more Pam?

I will post photos as soon as I get "situated"- we got back late last night and I am doing laundry, having the plumber over for a leak, and waiting for the cable company to do some updating...never dull around here.

Everyone..Ralf is a WONDERFUL tour guide! We saw so many sites we NEVER would have if we hadn't had him with us! The pub trip alone was worth an entire VACATION of memories!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
          And here two pictures of the historic tramway. I have to apologize, i took only a few pictures, because i was too busy with my role as tour guide (Thijs will understand...) and simply forgot to take more pictures.
          i'll understand,and for me it was easy,my own surroundings.
          you was a kind of stranger too in Prague.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Give my best greetings to Julie and as far as i remember, it was Sue Ellen who was discussing her philosophies in a half-drunk condition. Does she remember that she offered me her credit card if i would adopt her children??

I was glad i could avoid this and leave this hotel bar alone...

Comment

Look at this for half an hour:

http://mediathek.daserste.de/suche/1...ung=&datumVon=

It will bring back some memories and show a lot of well known places.
              For all the others a nice report, what E + Alix + family + me did in Prag last year.

Comment

Working...
              X