CV family meeting 2011 in Noord-Brabant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV family meeting 2011 in Noord-Brabant

Friday afternoon, 27.05.2011 i arrived in Noord Brabant, at Janihudis place. I had a customer visit in the North of the Netherlands during lunchtime and drove my way back to stop at Rijswijk, where Janihudi had organized a B&B for me. It should be there, just behind the dijk:

And there it was: how wonderful! A cottage all for myself!

The horse was my sleeping neighbour and knocked from time to time during the night.

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Re: CV family meeting 2011 in Noord-Brabant

After a short shopping and a rest we drove to Wherrygirls hotel. The other two have much better pictures from this place than me, so please continue the thread with the Friday evening at the hotel.
    Last edited by Ralf__; June 6th, 2011, 11:29.

Comment

BLIMY

Ralf you did even find the time to make images of the cottage?
      there wassn't much time left that weekend for making them.

i had to look at them before i place them.

but first off al

my deepest respect for you my dear IVY

2 and a half days walking around and not that much sleep

friday eve or sell i say saterday morning ralf and i went at oo.30
      and show up at 9.45am, walk around at Kinderdijk, went to Rotterdam,do the harbour boat trip,see the ss''ROTTERDAM'', outside and inside and went for a pizza in Gorinchem,and droped her around 12.00pm/24.00.
      picking her up sunday morning 9.15am did a touristic route from Den Bosch to Woerkum,and walk around woerkum,take the ferry to loevstein castle walk inside the castle. stairs up stairs down,and when see saw the distance to the footferry,it was enough for her.
      so we take the big ferry back to Woerkum and from there to Gorinchem,where Wesley and Cornel picked us up,and drove back to Woerkum for a little walk.
      from there to the cottage of Ralf were he made his soup and we drink his special from germany taken bionade with bread and german and dutch cheese.
      and again it was about 12.00pm/24.00h sunday night that i said for the last time goodbye to Ivy.

my deepest respect for you Ivy,i hope that you still could walk monday,and that you have a pleasant stay in Holland.

if i had to do it again,i'll do it right away,without a thought.
      no one can take this weekend memory away from me.

Ralf and Ivy,thank you very much,for this wunderfull weekend

(well well i'll see that there is now a limit of 6 images a post,was 10)
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
        ....Ralf and Ivy,thank you very much,for this wunderfull weekend....
        …and I want to thank you all so much for sharing it with us in posts and pictures.

....my deepest respect for you Ivy....
        ...and mine too for actually posting AND keeping up with your daily photos while “on the go”!!!

Comment

so i am setteled

notice the mug ,we get from Ivy

i sel see where i came up with of that weekend
          best regards Thijs

Comment

two fishes and a turkey (on the dishes then)

best regards Thijs

Comment

if i had to do it again,i'll do it right away,without a thought.
              no one can take this weekend memory away from me.
              My own feelings absolutely, dear Thijs. To meet up with you and dear Ralf, and then your own family on the Sunday, was something so special that it is a warm memory I'll always treasure. We all connected from the very first moment as if we had known each other for years. It was like "Howdee. pals!"

Ralf and Ivy,thank you very much,for this wunderfull weekend
              And I thank you both from the bottom of my heart for arranging your own affairs so that we could meet up and this great weekend become a reality. It has left me with the knowledge that I have gained true friends, even though many miles separate us.
              Last edited by wherrygirl; June 2nd, 2011, 11:03.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Sounds like y'all were BUSY but had a terrific time!!!! I think we must name you all the official party planners for CVF!!!!!

Comment

and i was wurried that we didn't make the days full,at the end days where to short.
                  so al the wine,beer ,cheese, a lot of bionade went back to germany,unopen.

but the soup taste great
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                    I think we must name you all the official party planners for CVF!!!!!
                    Oh, but Thijs was the chap who planned the days' outings in such an excellent way, and he and Ralf organised their work schedules to fit. All I did was float across the North Sea the week before and await blast-off!
                    Ivy

Comment

At our dinner on the Friday evening, Thijs gave Ralf and I each a memento fromTexel:

A beautiful little cruet set, about 3 1/2 inches/9cm high

Last edited by wherrygirl; June 6th, 2011, 11:12. Reason: Changed opening pic.
                      Ivy

Comment

Saturday morning Thijs picked me up and we drove to Den Bosch again to catch up Ivy at her hotel. A short stop at the supermarket to buy a new fridge box for Thijs new truck (and for a test cycle at my cottage to have cold drinks Sunday evening) and some road works caused a little delay, but we had holidays!!

First stop at our Holland trip should be Kinderdijk, which we all well know in here. Here are the famous windmills!

So we could shoot our "Yes-now-i-have-been-also-here" pictures. In my case of course in far poorer quality than the Thijs, Wesler and Cornel pictures...
                        But anyway. You know this view:

One of the mills was working and so we spent a visit there. Very interesting and impressing. We had a quite strong wind and the mill was turning really fast, although only a small part of her wings was covered with sail. The whole building was moving and moaning.

Now let us see, which pictures the others want to show before we continue in Rotterdam.
                        Last edited by Ralf__; June 6th, 2011, 11:30.

Comment

Then, next morning - Saturday - Thijs and Ralf picked me up and off we went to Kinderdijk, which is listed as a World Heritage site. It was the first of our great two days together and although it was dull and grey, taking the colour out of photos, the wind gave life to the reeds and certainly kept the sails turning!
                          However, my first photo was not of a windmill but of the Goat, a sculpture that stands at the entrance to the path stretching between two canals:

Ivy

Comment

Next, my first shot of the mills. As I stood there focusing, I thought back to the time last year when I was delighted by the beautiful pics. of the Kinderdijk mills that Wesley and Thijs were posting on their Dutch windmills thread. I little dreamed then that one day I'd be there myself.

Half of Thijs is at the left. Sorry, sir, meant to get all of you in. Blame the wind as I pressed the button!
                            Ivy

Comment

Hi Ralf, we were posting at the same time! I have several more to post from Kinderdijk and I'll do them in a moment, but must break off for something. I'm sure Thijs has plenty, too. Back soon.
                              Ivy

Comment

Working...
                              X