No announcement yet.

How did you arrive at Captains Voyage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How did you arrive at Captains Voyage?

I don't know how they have got here, but noticed that there is now 100 active members. (For the first time, i think?)
    This is out of much larger number of registered members, (730) many of whom may have been single post members only.

Comment

Later on I promised Sterkoder that if we ever met I owed him a beer, but when the opportunity eventually arose, a beer seemed scarcely adequate. So a bottle of best Scottish whisky found its way to Norway.
      Shame on me for not commenting on this.
      Sure, I can say on the whiskey. I must say though, that it required some "acquired taste" (I'm used to american and canadian), but when it comes to whiskey I'm already there
      The content is long gone, but since that bottle you've bought me both beer and bacalao, so now it's me who shall say thank you!!

Anyway, it's nice that so many found their way to CVF.
      Last edited by Sterkoder; January 6th, 2012, 17:21.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Just last month I found this fantastic Forum when I googled for information about the retirement of MS Nordstjernen. My husband and I are booked on the last sailing around Spitzbergen in August and onward to Bergen which it would appear could be last sailing of this lovely ship with Hurtigruten. Am I right in thinking that? We are big fans of Hurtigruten and have completed six voyages including two Round Trips and a voyage on MS Nordstjernen in Svalbard at the time of the eclispe in 2008.

I have many photos that I would love to share but am having a problem at the moment trying to work out how to get them into a posting following the information in FAQ!

Comment

Welcome to CVF, Linray, I know you'll have great fun here.
          As far as posting photos on the forum I expect you've realised that we cannot upload them direct from our hard drive. I keep all my photos on Flickr, then by clicking on one in my Photostream then on Share just above the picture I choose the size I want, select it, copy the info. and then paste that straight into my post here - there's no need to use the picture icon. There's a little bit of deleting to do after pasting, but I can soon help with that. Otherwise I occasionally use Picturepush where you can upload anonymously or start an album and the procedure is much the same. There's also Photobucket which many members use. There's probably others as well!
          Good luck, looking forward to seeing your pics. and eventually hearing about your August holiday.
          Last edited by wherrygirl; January 6th, 2012, 20:03.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Ivy and advice about posting images. Yes, it was the fact that I couldn't do it straight from my hard drive that was confusing me! But apologies for being so thick because I use Photobucket and Flickr and had forgotten about doing it that way. I will try and get round to posting some photos and may PM you if I get stuck!

Thanks again.

Comment

Make sure when posting photos that you use Go Advanced after clicking on Reply or Reply to Thread, then you can preview your text and pic's and if necessary correct them before finally Submitting the post. If you double click on Reply to Thread it ought to take you straight to the Advanced version, but I find it doesn't always do so. Either my computer or the forum software. But it's no great hassle.

PS I forgot to mention - if you use Flickr then after you click on Share, choose BBCode, not the full HTML.
              Last edited by wherrygirl; January 7th, 2012, 00:49.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Fist of all,Iwish to say I am not a customer of net forums,but when I knew MS Nordsjernen will leave the line,I scared she will be sent to the brockers,so I looked for a site where I could set up a petition for her safeguard,even if this practice seems to be outmode (only seems,I guess!).
                I found CV and discovered there passionated and opened people,so,dispate my bad english and my clumsiness with net tools,I decided to learn from you and bring my little contribution.

Comment

It is certainly good to have you aboard the forum yvneac. Your contributions are very welcome, and i am sure you will enjoy being a member on this friendly forum. No problems at all with your English, your posts are very easy to understand.
                  Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Thank you for answer,SteveB.
                    Isaw on your profile you love I.of wight.Years ago with grammer scool rugby team of Deauville,twin town with Cowes, I played there.Each time we lost the match but welcoming was mighty!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X