2017_01_31 Indigo Hotel - IMG_2660 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_01_31 Indigo Hotel - IMG_2653 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_01_31 Indigo Hotel - IMG_2658 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_01_31 Indigo Hotel - IMG_2684 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Just a cute detail of the way they kept stuff in the room:

2017_01_31 Indigo Hotel - IMG_2676 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_01_31 Indigo Hotel - IMG_2673 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

#15/4: do they need a plumber to fix the light? (haha) and in #16/3 and 5, I really like that dresser, as it remind me of something out of an old silver polished aircraft. Nice pictures, J-O
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I enjoyed that bLOG/Throwback, and my favourite things are the yellow chair and 'desk' at the floor length window, the circular carpet, and the similarly colourful 'treasure chest' for the drinks stuff.

Then my memory seemed to be telling me to scroll back, and on re-reading your description of the rooftop pool, it all became clear. Of course! - You had posted a video clip, back near the beginning of vLOG.
        I eventually found the link to YouTube:-
        https://youtu.be/dCWNnVDpT_8

The marvellous thing is that in the intervening years that video has accrued over a thousand views!

I loved that video and here is what I wrote about it.
        Bangkok! That special time that's neither day nor night. That feeling of being apart and yet part of the city that never sleeps. That panning - –to and fro, to and fro - so
        soothing and yet restless at the same time, imparts a frisson, perhaps a touch edgy and mysterious. I'm caught in the spell. This has joined my all-time favourites of your videos. Far from being just another hotel pool clip, it says more than many a full-length feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          #15/4: do they need a plumber to fix the light? (haha) and in #16/3 and 5, I really like that dresser, as it remind me of something out of an old silver polished aircraft. Nice pictures, J-O
          HAHAHAHA... plumber required to replace broken bulbs.

And yeah, I thought the exact same thing about the dresser and drawer. Reminded me about old style ocean liner suitcases, or a shiny veteran aircraft.

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          I enjoyed that bLOG/Throwback, and my favourite things are the yellow chair and 'desk' at the floor length window, the circular carpet, and the similarly colourful 'treasure chest' for the drinks stuff.

Then my memory seemed to be telling me to scroll back, and on re-reading your description of the rooftop pool, it all became clear. Of course! - You had posted a video clip, back near the beginning of vLOG.
          I eventually found the link to YouTube:-
          https://youtu.be/dCWNnVDpT_8

The marvellous thing is that in the intervening years that video has accrued over a thousand views!

I loved that video and here is what I wrote about it.

Bangkok! That special time that's neither day nor night. That feeling of being apart and yet part of the city that never sleeps. That panning - –to and fro, to and fro - so
          soothing and yet restless at the same time, imparts a frisson, perhaps a touch edgy and mysterious. I'm caught in the spell. This has joined my all-time favourites of your videos. Far from being just another hotel pool clip, it says more than many a full-length feature.
          Thank you so very much... had completely forgotten about that short video from the hotel's pool. Thank you for remembering!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
          X