No announcement yet.

FAMILY MEETINGS and photos from the FAMILY ALBUM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is was al about Ralf,that we al would have a great day.
    and we had one.
    that do you have found fast about the bleu ship.
    the most of the images where it was al about,did came out very wel.
    i hope that yours are better.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

That sounds like an excellent day out!

Comment

ahh Cecelia,we had such a great day,later in the afternoon some rain,but we didn't battle against it,there was nothing that could spoil that day for us.

this morning i waved my CVF goodbay Ralf ,Regine and Ivy are on there way to Stuttgart now,and my days as travelagent are over.

i'm falling in a very deep pit now,nothing to do anymore.

1is happy about this,
        our Dog Indy,i was already starting talking english to him when i said to him ''this side Indy'' instead of ''deze kant Indy'' when he was gooing to the other side around the tree as i was walking.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          i'm falling in a very deep pit now,nothing to do anymore....
          What's this "nothing to do" ?????? .....only 1500 photos to sort out!!!!!!!

Comment

hahaha and throw 1000 away of them.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Sorry, for this pause in the thread. We had such a lot to do. Thursday we started our trip from Woudrichem to Stuttgart and it was 11 pm when we went to bed. Next days breakfast at 8 am and full program again each day until 11 pm. Amazing, but Ivy bravely kept up my speed and i loaded her full with tons of views and information about Germany and Stuttgart. She hardly had time to take pictures. This morning i took her to the airport and since she was writing some posts here she seems to have safely arrived home. I drove over to Czech Republic today to catch up the waiting work and am now enjoying my good night beer in the hotel. Such amazing six days we had together. We'll soon start the Stuttgart (and continue the Woudrichem) report. I will follow later with pictures, since i have to work hard this week. But the Denmark holidays will start on Saturday and i will spend some time reporting then. Ivy, plese start, whenever you like!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Members reading the recent posts from Thijs and Ralf may well wonder at not hearing from me for over a week. Did I, in a fit of homesickness, escape and fly quickly back to Bunga.y? NO WAY!
                Oh boy! was I having a great time with these two dear friends. My mind is still a whirl of images and experiences, so much so that although I have posted on other threads since getting back on Monday afternoon, it was really a filling-in-time activity to give the whirling a chance to slow and settle.

Having tried to check-in online as usual for my initial flight to Amsterdam I found contradictory statements on my page. One said I could check-in now, in fact could have done so from 3.40 a.m. (no thanks, it was bad enough having to get up at 5a.m. next morning in order to pack the crushable ball-gowns etc. and be ready for the taxi). But another message in red said sorry and all that, but it was not possible to check-in online for this flight. I muttered various bad words and when my tirade had ceased I rang Amsterdam KLM. "What are you doing to me?", I wimpered plaintively. The charming young gentleman at the other end was puzzled. "It shouldn't do that," he remarked, a comment which I took to be a hopeful sign. Then he said he'd check me in himself. All done, email would be on its way with boarding pass. And as swiftly as it arrived, I printed it out lest the gremlin on my page found out and deleted the email.
                I had told Thijs my route from Amsterdam which would end in getting the ferry from Gorinchem to Woudrichem where I would be staying, the same ferry we had done with Ralf in 2011. I knew it was too far to walk with luggage from the railway station to the quay and asked Thijs if it was easy to get a taxi. Promptly came the response that I was not to do that, he would ask one of his family living that side to pick me up. So on the platform at Schiphol waiting for the Dordrecht train I rang Thijs to confirm the one I was catching, and the cunning so-and-so said he was hard at work as usual. Naturally I assumed he was on the road somewhere. At Dordrecht I changed to the local line. As the train drew in to Gorinchem I watched out of the window for Thijs' sister Elly (Thijs had sent me a photo), spied her and her friend waiting on the platform holding up a large piece of paper with IVY written on it. I waved, they waved and as soon as the doors opened they quickly came with a warm greeting and whisked me into the car and down to the quay. Elly casually asked what we would be doing the next day and my reply was that we would probably decide that by phone that evening. Elly no doubt smiled to herself at the surprise awaiting me. They ensured that I had a snack at the quay, though I had to leave some of the delicious double-decker sandwhich as the ferry was drawing in. Then, as we walked alongside, Elly waved to someone on the boat - I just assumed that she had seen a friend.
                On board, Elly suddenly pointed to the upper deck and said "There he is". I looked, and you can guess who it was lurking there! The "hard at work as usual" bit meant that he was at home washing the car. It was great to see him - a lovely surprise.
                Not on board the ferry, but this is a teaser photo taken in Rotterdam where we had gone to see something rather curious, something I had found on the Net and wanted to have a look at. More about it when we start the 2014 thread of the things done during the Thijs - Ralf - Regina - Ivy 2014 meet-up.

Must stop to get supper, but then I'll show you quite a different scene, though the most important view is the people in it.
                Last edited by wherrygirl; June 5th, 2014, 22:54.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

nice image Ivy,105 kilo of pure muscle, meat and a camera,and also with a face that you never can trust,if you now by now.
                  glad that you arrive home savely,and taking up your normal life and more important,''normal English food'''instead al the junkfood that dutchie feeded you.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

My normal life is OK, but I know what I'd MUCH rather be doing - gadding about with Thijs and Ralf in the Netherlands and Germany! It was all such a wonderful holiday. No, no, that wasn't junk food that we had, it was all good stuff, just a pity that the hotel let us down so that we had to do a bit of hunting now and again - especially Tuesday . But, thanks to you, we ended up well satisfied.
                    Ivy

Comment

After Thijs and I had been enjoying ourselves hugely for some days, Ralf and Regina arrived the following Tuesday afternoon, staying at the same small Woudrichem hotel as I was in. In fact, they were in the next room. Two rooms with the best view in the whole place. After our great time with Thijs in Rotterdam on the Wednesday, ending with a delightful dinner at a very nice restaurant, Thursday morning saw Ralf and Regina start back to Stuttgart taking me with them. Thijs had ensured that we had all had a really good time and it was sad to wave farewell to such a friend, even though I was very excited at the prospect of the next few days. This photo of Regina and Ralf is not a good one, but it is at the restaurant way, way above Boppard looking down on the Rhine, where we stopped for some delicious soups. (I only know where it was because Ralf has sent me a long list of all the places we visited!).

What a view, eh?
                      Last edited by wherrygirl; June 5th, 2014, 23:03.
                      Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yes it's beautiful to drive trough Germany,pitty of al those rules against truckdrivers,but never hate it for driving there.and the food there,so good,i mean when your Snitsel is as big as your dinnerplate.

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ....when your Snitsel is as big as your dinnerplate.
                        Then our Thijs is in heaven!

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i'm not a fish person Ivy,so i can't say anything about the size for the fishfilet's.
                        but yes, for someone like me it's haven there,hard to choose too,will i take the wiener (Vienna),zigeuner (gipsy),jager (hunter),holsteiner,or the region special snitzel?so many snitzels,so many choises.

the 3 ladies in Norwich from the bun9ay weekend trip

Marijke=member (in rest) Ivy= member (active) Henny=non member (Always)

best regards Thijs

Comment

Ivy = member, Me =overactive member near the river in Norwich

best regards Thijs

Comment

OH WOW! AREN'T WE ALL JUST GORGEOUS!
                          Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                            janihudi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            so no commemnt of removing images,that's new.:-))) :-))))
                            don't know how those smilies work with this.

#131/1and #132/1are just wonderful. True family album pictures. Very nice!
                          Last edited by Ralf__; November 16th, 2014, 22:22.
                          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Apple-guy takes super Android selfie!
                            Just an eye-catching cross-reference to a photo you might otherwise miss in a Thailand section thread!

Comment

• Tommi
                              Tommi commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Always nice to actually SEE some of the family members. It's been a while since last.
                          Working...
                          X