Happy Birthday to members!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    It's a bit like Holland and the Netherlands. If you've got a couple of weeks Ombugge and Ivy can explain!!
    Must go - got to find my tin hat.
    Got the tin hat on? Then - nonsense Mark! Not a bit like it. Tch, tch! Holland is what we ignoramuses call that country whose correct name is The Netherlands, Holland being only the name of one of its provinces. But, all the same, the Dutchies themselves often now call their whole country Holland - I queried it once with our own Dutchie because I saw the word Holland on a Dutch company vehicle showing its address.

Ombugge' comment:
    Not me, I got shot down last time.
    Yeah, when a Singapore Norwegian tries to teach a C0ckney's daughter the meaning of UK and Great Britain, what do you expect?

Thijs, Great Britain, or just Britain for short, means England, Scotland and Wales.
    UK means England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      So, to say it easy: UK = GB + NI
      People can only remember three things at one time, so it is confusing to list up all these microstates.

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      there are 2 provinces with the name ''holland'' noord holland = north holland with the capitel Amsterdam,and capital city of the Netherlands ,and zuid holland =south holland with the capital s'gravenhage = the hageu.

i think that in nothern ireland the car is also called vauxhaull also ireland i think

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      If someone who knew nothing about it at all was presented with that little equation, what would they immediately ask? They would want to know first what all those initials stand for, wouldn't they? Then, and only then, is the equation useful. Thijs, great map man that he is, needs only to look at an atlas to see immediately what is where. And what about the British Isles? Now there's another term no-one has mentioned yet and it means something else again!
      People can only remember three things at once? I'd be grateful if I could remember just one thing at a time, Ralf.
      Happy Birthday everyone.......

Is it safe to come out again yet?
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
      ombugge commented
      Editing a comment
      Not yet.
      Here is a list of international car id pertaining to UK:

United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
      GB is the official code. 1910 Before 1922 it was used for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
      GBA Alderney 1924 Great Britain – Alderney
      GBG Guernsey 1924 Great Britain – Guernsey
      GBJ Jersey 1924 Great Britain – Jersey
      GBM Isle of Man 1932 Great Britain – Isle of Man
      GBZ Gibraltar 1924 Great Britain – Gibraltar [Z was assigned because G was already used for Guernsey]

Just to confuse everybody.

Shall we get back on track here???
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OISTEIN!!!!!
    With best wishes from Singapore.
    Oh, by the way, we are still waiting for at least SOME pictures from your visit here and your adventurous cruise from here to Dubai earlier this year.

Comment

Happy Birthday Oistein!

Comment

Thanks for greetings, but you're a month early. My birthday is not until November.
        Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          In that case you may want to change your birth date as registered. As a moderator you should be able to do so, I believe?

PS> While you are at it, maybe you can correct mine to. It is mistakenly entered as 11.11. while it is actually 12.11.

• Oistein
          Oistein commented
          Editing a comment
          ombugge. I have tried to change your date, but i don't have the rights to do so. However I have sendt a PM to PoloUK about the error.

No need to change it, Oistein. It shows up correctly as 2 November in your profile. Yesterday was Ostafjell's day as shown in the Birthday box.
        I did PM you, Ombugge but you probably didn't read it.
        Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure it said Oistein as one of the birthday boys on that day. (Or was that another Senior moments??)

OK. Happy belated Birthday to Ostafjells!!!!

And thanks to Mark for that extra day. I can feel it.

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          Methinks it might be the software that has been having senior moments! Ostafjell's birthday is definitely today, the 4th October!

Hopefully Ombugge now a day younger as requested.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Birthday Greetings to Ostafjells

Comment

TO KIKI

P1150339
            by Ivy, on Flickr

MAY YOU ENJOY A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
            AND
            MANY HAPPY RETURNS
            Ivy

Comment

• kiki42
              kiki42 commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you Ivy,, I had a busy week out with friends for lunch, just home from a lovely walk along the beach today and dinner . love the picture. xx

happy birthday Kiki and many happy returns
            best regards Thijs

Comment

• kiki42
              kiki42 commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you Thijs, i had a lovely week out with friends and will now have to recover from eating too much . lol x

Comment

• kiki42
              kiki42 commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you Cecelia for the lovely picture and wishes... i have had a lovely week , need to recover now .lol

Happy Birthday Kiki!!
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• kiki42
              kiki42 commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you for your wishes Mark , i have had a lovely week x

Oistein, it was your birthday yesterday. Did I not see it, or did it not show up in the box?
            But:
            You once started a thread entitled "On Top of My Birthday Wish List - a Ship". Would this one do?

P1150653 - C
            by Ivy, on Flickr

I hope you had a really good day,
            and that there will be
            MANY HAPPY RETURNS

Ivy

Comment

Your birthday DID appear! ...but things got a bit complicated in Seagull-land and I forgot to post a "card" ...didn't even get to check the weather for you in Norway, but I hope it was better than this, and you enjoyed a great day!

Comment

A belated but still HUGE wishes for a great birthday and new year in life. May each day be a blessing filled with love, money, success, good health and great experiences!

Happy Birthday Oistein!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                X