Some background history of CV members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some background history of CV members

Somewhere in a thread about 2 years ago somebody thought it would be good to know a little more about our members, particularly as they joined up.
    It could make conversation a little more personal so I will give it a go.

I spent 11 years on a tiny atoll in the Central Pacific where I learned to get up close and personal with ships and boats. (The smaller the better).

I've lived in Canberra for over forty years; it is only 1.5 hours easy drive to the Tasman Sea, the same distance to snowfields in June -July.
    Wilderness is within 45 minutes away on well kept tracks and huts for sleeping in if so inclined. And no, we never set eyes on any politicians. in our city.

My interests are: Writing fiction and non-fiction, poetry, drawing, digital art, walking in the bush and cats. (I have never been without at least 2 cats)

My professional life: I was a physiotherapist for 30 years, with a focus on traumatic brain injury and stroke. Before I retired, I also became interested in
    the new neuroscience of pain and teaching it. Apart from pain education, brain injury and stroke, I found the rest of the physio life very boring.

My favourite places in the world are Norway and Patagonia. My aim is to get to Iceland and do the circuit road.

Originally posted by naripalmer View Post
    .My aim is to get to Iceland and do the circuit road.
    You'd love Iceland. I only went up one section of the circuit road, from Reykjavik to Lake Myvatn by the regular "bus" service.We stopped a while at one spot - I forget where - and the beauty, the silence, the feeling of really being able to sense a place was something I won't forget. It was another world - just as the Pilbara but in complete contrast!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• yvneac
      yvneac commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with Ivy,of course.This country leaves nobody cold-if I may say!
      There is a dedicated thread on CVF world pilot guide.

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      This country leaves nobody cold-if I may say!
      Oh, Yves!!!!
Working...
X