No announcement yet.

2014 - the meeting continues: Wherrygirl's 1st stay in Germany

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherrygirl, I enjoyed looking at the Tram photos, some of the later ones reminded me of when I was working in Germany.

Cheers Frank

Comment

• Hallo Frank, a big welcome to CVF. I'm glad you enjoyed the trams. Did you look at Ralf's 2010 thread, also about the Stuttgart ones? In case you didn't see the URL I quoted, then click here and it will take you to them. Ralf gave me a great time in Stuttgart, which followed on from the always happy days spent in the Netherlands with Thijs.
      You may also enjoy some British trams - see this thread.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Well, that book in #180.
        A day or two earlier, Ralf had taken me into his father-in-law Herr Schiller's workshop not far from my room, to see him busy at something. Then he showed me what he was doing - although retired now he had been a master bookbinder and still did work for various people. The samples he brought out were simply beautiful, I love to see craftsmanship like this and greatly admired what I was seeing.
        And now Herr Schiller had presented me with this book as a memento of my visit. It was so kind of him and I do appreciate it very much - it is something I shall always treasure. Ralf, you must show him that it has been photographed and posted on CVF.
        And so it was all over, suitcase done, online checking-in done, boarding pass printed out. Finis.
        The following morning after breakfast and a goodbye to Regine, Ralf drove me to the airport and came as far as he could until I had to pass through to the usual rigmarol of checking in, passport control, shoes off, jacket off, load stuff on to tray for the x-ray machine, etc. etc. etc. Although himself due to drive off to the Czech Republic within an hour or so, Ralf found time to track me until I had taken off from Amsterdam.
        A really wonderful "double decker" holiday in the Netherlands and Germany was now tucked away in my memory, with the visible evidence stored in the camera and booklets and pamphlets about it all packed in the case. My grateful thanks go to my Dutch and German families for all they did.
        Ivy

Comment

• you had a awesome following in Stuttgart Ivy.it was nice to having you here again.
          but for both of you;
          probaly there wil be no following in Hotel Woudrichem.
          if there wil be no new operator for the Hotel,it will be for sale in march.
          and i don't know what it wil be after sale.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

• Oh Thijs. I was looking a few months ago and there was a new website calling itself the Hotel Restaurant De Zoen van Woudrichem. It was the same place as Hotel Woudrichem but advertised itself as a hotel cum brasserie, opening soon. I thought I would check it out again later. But having read your post I find you cannot get through to the site any more now.
            I haven't planned anything for this year yet, but I was wanting to get to Woerkum somehow, even if only for a few days at the end or start of my holiday. The old post office building is such an ideal place, situated in that position, right overlooking the rivers. The trouble is, no doubt, that Woerkum is not all that well-known for holiday makers as there is not much to do there, (though you know how I love it), only those who might be travelling round in their car or by bike and just want somewhere nice for a night.
            Oh, what a shame.
            Ivy

Comment

• Thank you so much for this wonderful report, Ivy. It was a great experience to have you with us these days and we enjoyed it very much. I will show now the complete report to my family during the next days. Don't hesitate if you might want to come again some day. You know now where we are and there is such a lot more to see...

It is a pity, that the Woudrichem hotel is closed again. I hope they will find a new owner which will continue with a hotel/restaurant. The place is unique and an attraction for itself.
              So let us wait and see, what happens.
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• hotel de zoen van Woudrichem (the kiss of Woudrichem) wassn't been open.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                X