Welcome to new members!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to new members!!

By way of an experiment, and because the current configuration of vBulletin won't let us display new users automatically, I thought it may be useful to set up a new thread.

We have between 5 and 10 applications for membership every month. J-O or I look at each one, check that they're not known SPAMmers, and if not, we accept their application and enable their account. The system should (hopefully) email them to confirm their membership.

We hope very much that at least some of these people become active members of the Forum, sharing their photos, stories and ideas with us.

If you are a new member - welcome! Please feel free to post a reply in any of the threads, or to ask for help if you need it. Our rules and regulations can be found from the front page - but there aren't many!!
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

So new for April - welcome to

Robert Dunbar
    Kasiphon
    Danses
    Geoltas

We hope very much that you enjoy the forum and participate within it (and also that you're real!!).
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Excellent new thread, Mark. It is certainly nice to have new members announced and to be able properly to welcome them in to the forum. I am sure that they will all have plenty to contribute once they've had a good look round and found their way about.
      There's something for everyone here!
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Welcome to some more new members!

Hello to

Ted Choi in Korea
        brother in Norway
        francway in France

and

Jan Willem in the Netherlands

Welcome to you all - we look forward to your first posts!
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A heartfelt welcome to you all!!!!
          We hope..., or at least I hope, you will post many interesting things in text and picture in the future, and let us hope (should be at least I again here) this new blood to the CVF is a start of a new spring, so to speak.
          What's really nice is to see how spread over the globe we are :-)
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I agree, Svein. As I said in my post above, it is good to have a proper welcome thread and having members representing many different parts of the world adds to the interest for all of us, widening our horizons and hopefully awakening more interests.
            Ivy

Comment

Two more newcomers - welcome to Robert in the Netherlands, and jstavene in the US.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Hello BikeBarge in the USA, and Horatio H in the UK. Welcome to CVF.

We do get more applications for membership, but we check each one on a number of sites to make sure they're real people.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

By the way, it would be so nice if new members could give some information about their interests in their profile page, it rounds out the individual. I usually look at the profiles of new members but nowadays there is rarely anything there that makes the new name into a real person.
                  Ivy

Comment

Welcome to Nolitsch - who has a Swiss email address and a Norwegian IP. I hope you're real - if so, then welcome.

There were two other requests to join us today, but both of those made the 'Stopforumspam' website light up in a most alarming way!
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

issn't there a way to make a privat contact with those members,before you make them a member?
                      if the react then it would be okay,if not they are probally not real.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Well in theory yes, I just send them an email. But if they were Spammers I'd have just sent them a valid email address!
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart, PoloUK!

I have no idea what I should have done without your help here.... I'm eternally grateful for everything you do to help out!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Welcome to Haustrup from Denmark and Pufferman from the UK.

We look forward to hearing from you - and perhaps seeing some photos - soon.
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Welcome to 'naripalmer' from Australia and 'nathythepig' from Singapore!
                              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X