Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Members not seen for a while

Originally posted by Gestumblindi View Post
    So, if this forum were closed in favor of communication via Facebook, personally I would have lost an information and communication platform I find still very helpful, even if there's not a lot of activity.
    Good for you, Gestumblindi.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
      Hi there, all what we can do is to continue. It is clear that a lot of threads are loosing interest because all is posted about f.e. the Hurtigruten ships.
      Maybe we should be creative and search for new topics. All of us stepped in here looking for information about something special. And the most new ideas were thrown in by our Captain.
      I don't want to continue on this subject, I have made my views clear. But this I must reply to.
      Ralf, have a quick look at the two forums Photo Galleries, Rookie and Pro and Photo Assignments. Scroll down checking the names of the originators at the left of each thread. Are there names other than Pakarang???? Has no-one else originated a thread?
      There are masses of different names, there for all to see, all coming up with very interesting ideas - non-ship - on which to post photos. But few people use them now.
      You say "maybe we should be creative". Ralf, many members are creative and have proved it. The pity is that few people bother to investigate threads in the Photo Galleries thread and see what others are up to, neither do they post on the Assignments thread, which is for all to join in.
      A sense of adventure, of trying out something new, something that was started by another member or a new idea of one's own, is sadly lacking. Cross fertilisation of ideas means continuance of the forum. Otherwise........?
      Ivy

Comment

I just did a bit of investigation and this is what I found:
        Pakarang has started 497 threads since the very beginning of CVF and is the clear leader in the field.
        I have started 112 threads since April 2009 and I'm not the runner up. Not all about ships, or the offshore industry.
        In fact Sterkoder has stared more threads than me. There are 179 new threads with his name on them.
        Seagull, as the longest and most active CVF member, when it comes to number of posts, (after Pakarang) has only started 76 thread.
        Ralf himself, as one of the oldest members, has only contributed 46 new threads, mostly with a German twist.

What is the point of this post?? Nothing, except idle rambling.

Comment

Ombugge, you've deserved now the award as CV encyclopedia! I will try my best to throw in more aspects, which i notice (even, if not German based) to start discussions.
          And else, post post post comment comment comment, do you remember how exited you were as pakarang commented each of your early posts? We have to do this now for him and that goes also to my address again!
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
            And else, post post post comment comment comment,
            Yes Ralf, my friend, some members do try to post, post, post and comment, comment, comment. The latter certainly is seldom seen except from a very few members, it takes but a few moments yet spreads a little warmth around, assuring the poster that they are part of it all. Otherwise they think they are posting in a vacuum.
            Ivy

Comment

It has been 4 weeks since the oracle of Tromsoe, Bengt, has posted anything here on CVF. No fishing boats passing by and no cats or squirrels from Spain, or anything else.

Anybody know why???

Comment

I had a long email from Steve yesterday. I was getting anxious as he had not replied to two of mine. But his phone line was out of action for over two weeks, due to the atrocious weather. (My actual phone was unusable for a few days because of interference due to extreme dampness. My Broadband was not affected, though, and BT fixed it after 6 days.) Steve says he can hardly believe the terrible gales and floods that are happening in the west country and is beginning to wonder if it will ever end. So are we all, Steve. Luckily it's OK where he is.
                He sent me three beautiful photos of little Willow - not quite so little now, though, for they were taken on her fourth birthday and she starts school this year! She really is a sweet charmer with such a bright, intelligent look. And I'm not particularly a "baby person".
                Steve says "Hi" to everyone and will get back to CVF as soon as he feels able - complete with Willow pics., I hope.
                Ivy

Comment

Hello everyone and dear "family-members" and friends. This is just me, Martin, on a short visit. Just to tell yoy all that I am ALIVE and in good shape. I have been quite inactive here on CVF for a while. The reason is that I have moved around and lived in "boxes" for about 8-9 months. During my summer-vacation in my birth-town Kristiansand, I decided to find a reason to move back to my roots. In september I was back in Bodø for one month at work. In october and november I stayed by my parents in Kristiansand while I was on education by a Taxi-company. Now in december, I am back in Bodø again. Partly for some traditional norwegian "Julebord" due to my former job. And partly to clean up all my "mess" I had saved in a storage here in Bodø. And to bring all my useful "things" with me to my new hometown, Kristiansand.
                  Hopefully I will get my own apartement in february, or late january. When I hopefully will start to work as a Taxi-driver and small-bus driver for school-children and all kind of retired people. The main reason why I decided to move back to Kristiansand, was to get closer to my old parents and the rest of my family. Northern Norway has been a fairytale. And IS a fairytale. And I will miss it a lot. When I get my own apartement with a proper Internetconnection, and NOT live in "boxes and suitcases" anymore, I will be more often "onboard" here on CVF again. I have a lot of "work" to do, to see what I have been missing the last year. Wish you all a Merry Christmas. And see you all "onboard" next year.

Comment

Good news Martin.Even though we will not be able to enjoy your friendly welcome in Bodo when travelling aboard Hurtigruten.
                    Best wishes for your new life in Ksand.

Comment

Great to hear from you Martin! Hope all goes well in K'sand. Look forward to some new posts from you in the new year.
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Very nice to hear from you again Martin. My best wishes to you, and I hope that everything in Kristiansand will turn out exactly the way you prefer to.

Comment

This seemed like a good place to let everyone know that I'm not dead. Just haven't been on the forum much.

Dane

Comment

• ombugge
                            ombugge commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You mean Dane even beats Donald Trump as your favourite??

Welcome back Dane!!

• janihudi
                            janihudi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            who??

• wherrygirl
                            wherrygirl commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh great!

Welcome back!
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I understand you very well Dane!

Life may in periods be filled with so many things, and as for myself, I have a pretty hectic schedule with a handful number of jobs and what not.

I'm however extremely glad and happy to hear that you are doing well! Welcome on board our ship at any time you have! You have booking redeemable any time you please.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                            X