Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have lost a dear family member -

Dear CaptainsVoyage Forum family,

It is with great sadness I have been notified of the passing of one of our dearest and most longstanding members.

I have through e-mail communication been advised that SaintsFCFan - also known to all of us as Paul - has passed away.

I have been given the task to inform all of you in this family, as he has been an integral and important member for all of us.

Since he joined our friendly forum on December 16th 2008, he has not only reached an admirable position in our forum, but he has also been highly respected and loved by everyone. He has contributed and created some of the greatest threads on our forum, and he will always be deeply missed.

At this time, our most sincere condolences, thoughts and prayers are extended to his entire family, circle of friends and to all of you that have come to love Paul for his wonderful part in our online family.

With terrible sadness,

Captain Jan-Olav Storli
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

I can't believe it. He was one of those CVF members that were dear to me. He has suffered so much this last year or so, and I was hoping to get up to Lincoln one day to see him. Please, Jan-Olav, give his family a message from Ivy, "I offer my very deepest sympathy and although we had not got around to meeting I feel this as a very personal loss. He was one of the CVF members I thought the world of, and will miss him so very much."
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Really sad to hear that J-O. Paul's posts were always interesting - and different. He'll be missed.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
        I can't believe it. He was one of those CVF members that were dear to me. He has suffered so much this last year or so, and I was hoping to get up to Lincoln one day to see him. Please, Jan-Olav, give his family a message from Ivy, "I offer my very deepest sympathy and although we had not got around to meeting I feel this as a very personal loss. He was one of the CVF members I thought the world of, and will miss him so very much."
        Dear Ivy,

This is indeed tragic news and it hit me hard. Paul has been a wonderful support for me through the forum, and through e-mails for the years since he first joined the forum.

He will be greatly missed.

What I would like to do now, is to ask anyone in the UK to perhaps be in charge to arrange some flowers on behalf of all of us.

I think I can safely say that we can all chip in and together have a special thank you sent to his family.

I could ask the family if they wish flowers or donations to a selected charity in his name.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I am in shock to hear this terrible news. This saddens me deeply, Paul's been part of our CV family for such a long time now, right back to the original forum where he delighted all of us with his fantastic computer art. I remember Paul and i used to sit at our computers with a drink, bouncing youtube music videos at each other some evenings.

I had so much respect for Paul, only last week i commented on just how good he was getting with the camera. I send my deepest sympathies to his family and friends, such sad news.
          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Just to agree with post 4 - Jan Olav that's a good idea to have a collection - if you were able to ask the family whether they preferred flowers or a charitable donation (more normal these days), then I'm sure that one of us UK lot will be able to collect the money and send a cheque or organise flowers as appropriate.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I had to go out immediately after my post, but believe me, afterwards I just didn't want to come home - just drove to Norwich and aimlessly around till I could pull myself together.
              I will arrange the flowers or donation, J.O. no need for any help. Whatever the family wish I will do, if you would give me contact details. I have Paul's email address but they will not look at that and I cannot bring myself to use it. I'll try to express what dear Paul meant ot all of us in CVF.
              Ivy

Comment

Mark, I'm trying to answer your PM but despite clearing out a lot it still says I have over 50 stored. Will try again later. Meanwhile, thanks.
                Ivy

Comment

• Seagull
                  Seagull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dear Ivy ...maybe check your Sent box as well as Inbox. I found I had a lot of old messages there which I thought I had deleted before the new version.

That was a shocking message. We have all been aware of his medical problems, but he has been very active lately.
                My condolences to his family from Singapore. I'll gladly contribute to any charitable donation or flower arrangement.

Comment

I have just had the most wonderful email from Paul's wife, Tess, who found my address on the computer. I want to share one line because we are family and I just burst into tears on reading it. Sorry to be emotional, but I know that we are all very affected by what has happened, and that what she said would have applied not only to me but to all his friends on CVF:
                  She wrote "I was so happy that I found your email address as I wanted to email you personally and as you and Paul often exchanged private emails and because he mentioned your name fondly from time to time."

He apparently died suddenly Sunday, 8th Sep. This information startled me, for the day before I had gone to Gt. Yarmouth Maritime Festival and taken photos, then on that Sunday I intended going to the little Seething airshow a few minutes drive away. which has static and flying displays of the "oldies". I have posted photos on CVF of a previous visit and both Paul and Svein enjoyed the pics. I had been looking forward to it very much, yet suddenly on the morning I didn't want to go. Didn't know why, but I had lost all inclination, so stayed at home.

Now I have Tess's email address I will take it from here, and ask how best we can show our affection for Paul. I'll keep you informed on this thread.

Yes, Cecilia, I cleared out Inbox, Sent and Trash. I have 28 PM's left overall. One day it will get sorted, hopefully. Many thanks.
                  Ivy

Comment

Thank you for sharing your feelings and emotion with us all Ivy, and that you are now in touch with Tess. I'd found it hard to find words to say, and can't even think when I was last quite so shocked and affected by someone’s unexpected passing. We speak often of our forum family, and the reality of that phrase has really been brought home to me today. It would please Paul to hear me say that ...and that I've just spent some hours looking at his extraordinary photography of his beloved Red Arrows.

Comment

I read the sad news when having lunch today. Paul always have contributed in his very special way to this community, sharing something very good and personal with us.
                      After reading the sad words I couldn't go straight back to work, so I ended up walking in a local park just outside my old school.
                      Someway I realised that while something just had disappered from my life, I also noticed that I just had found a piece of myself.

Paul - Thank you for everything.

Comment

I'm lost for words.... In the middle of a class, fighting against sad tears. Me and Paul just started a thought of meeting up, maybe at an airshow next year. I will forever think back on the New Year Eve a few years back when me and Paul "talked" for hours as one of my very best CVF moments. My deepest condolences to his family and especially Tess.
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Paul was struggling with his severe disease and some of his posts in the past did not sound good, but recently he was very active and seemed to be in a better phase so this news was surprising and also in a way shocking. He was a wonderful member and enriched our place with his very personal views. Ivy, please give also my condolences and ask Tess, what will happen with his photo database or account, it would be good to keep his pictures as memory in our forum. It would be a great loss, if they would disappear one day because of inactivity. And of course i will also contibute any of your action.
                          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Ralf, I agree, I really hope his posts...., pictures first, but also text could stay with us. It would mean alot to me...
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
                            X