Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ÖSlJ - the museum railway Mariefred-Läggesta-Taxinge

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post
    In the good old days , with my analogue camara, I worked a little bit with speed-feeling, using long exposure-time. And also manipulate a little bit in the dark-room, using my hands to get the background blury. So I figured out you have used quite long exposure-time here. I also experimented a bit using zoom DURING the exposure. So I wondered if you actually used an active zoom during the exact exposure-time????????
    Actually, that's almost the same thing that I've done here. Exposure time time, and some manipulation in the computer. The afterwards manipulations are veeery minor, I have adjusted the colors a bit, and I have chosen not to apply any sharpening etc. afterwards.
    That zooming during exposuree is of course usable, but I think that it could be hard to combine together with moving stuff.

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    What an interesting thread!!! Thank you very much, Tommi..., for taking us through this!

I've attended courses and got a license to run huge boilers. Wonder if I could've run a steam train...? Think NOT.

Also love your details and up close pictures much, and looking at the interior of that station is like being put back in time. Must have been strange to step inside.
    Thank you Svein.
    I'm been talking a bit with the people running the locomotives. They say that you need to know how the railroad stretch looks like to be able to run the boiler. There's a need to put in some extra coals before climbings etc. to keep up speed.

Yes,it is a bit of an old oasis to walk around in the station surroundings, quite nice actually.

Comment

Re: ÖSlJ - the museum railway Mariefred-Läggesta-Taxinge

Oh, goodie... lots of new additions to this wonderful thread.

Great photography...I must admit I particularly loved the Volvo-train....
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

History is repeating itself, here we go with the 2013 pictures!

Comment

Nuts and bolts.

Comment

The locomotive "Hamra" is cooling down after a day of duties.

Anyone interested in making a locomotive of this again?

Comment

Comment

Evening moods at the Läggesta station.

Passengers buying tickets - old style.

Mysterious travellers?

Comment

A refurbished boiler to the locomotive "Virå". The work was done at Hatch Heritage Steam Engineering in Swindon UK.

Closing time.

Comment

Fantastic Tommi. A spectacular collection of images, especially the night-time ones, they're so atmospheric.

Re Hatch Steam Engineers, that's interesting. Colin Hatch set up the business years ago, based on the tradition of steam engineering in Swindon and family connections. Today they're a successful little business doing all sorts of things with Traction Engines and Steam Locos. I believe that this is no mean feat due to the regulations around boiler safety.

There was a recent BBC series presented by the 'Hairy Bikers', Si King and Dave Myers, more famous for cooking (Hairy Bakers) than for industrial heritage, but one of their programmes had a good long segment at Hatch's, really gave a good idea of what they do. I doubt very much that the BBC's iPlayer works from abroad, but I'm sure that it'll be on BBC World before too long.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Great to be back on the train again
                      Specially love #33/2 and the “pakarang view” in #33/4.
                      Then there’s the mood and lighting of #36/3, and the nostalgic period feel captured in #37/3 and 4.

Comment

Love your detail shots and some others of your latest additions... OMG, I felt like I was watching an old TV-crime on the TV..... these images are absolutely brilliant in quality !
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

They are happy to have such a wonderful photo reporter, aren't they? This is really great. Wonderful, Tommi. If there will be an anniversary you should make a book together with them. Or a yearly calendar??
                          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Now when winter is getting closer the activities have mostly moved inside.

Now, what on earth does a loom have to do with trains?

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/rotonen/10597964333/][/url

Comment

This is how it goes:

And voila:

An oil pad!

Comment

Of course, there are more traditional train stuff around the place:

Buckets for all uses.

The green engine.

Mr. Heinz

Comment

Working...
                                X