• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday night more shows on stage:

Comment

Comment

Aargh, these forums-postings bugs...

Comment

Well, Tommi, the bugs have not prevented you putting on yet another stunning collection of theatre shows. I do so enjoy all of them and for two reasons. Firstly, of course, the photography - every shot is a delight and I can only list a special few that for me are so atmospheric: #59.6, #60.1,3,4,5 and #61.2,4 The second reason is that, as always, the performers come over as really enjoying what they are doing. Good acting? But I'm sure it is not merely that for there is a vibrancy about it all that reaches out even from a still photo on a screen.
          Thank you.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Tommi
            Tommi commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Ivy. I think that most of the performers were just doing their thing and letting their feelings loose.
            I'll try to do a third attempt to post the last photos from the evening when I have some time to spare.

Since I was without connection with CVF I discover the last month posts little by little.

Nice shots Tommi,and as says Ivy, very atmospheric.It recalls the good vibrations of my Stockholm summer.

Comment

Absolutely wonderful posts, Tommi!

You are a master at stage-concert-photography.... I know these kinds of subjects can be difficult due to smoke, light, reflection and otherwise lack of light.

But you have still delivered a wonderful collection.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Let's see, the third attempt to post the last pictures from this particular weekend... :-)

The band's name is "Fuse", they play soul/funk. Think about the Comitments and you know how they sound like.

A portrait-like picture.

A few seconds later.

Guitar studies.

By raising the camera and using live-view (!) you can get a bit different perspective.

Comment

Whoa - it worked out! :-)

It was veery dim. I had a hard time to photograph my friend from the theater.

Comment

Social media is created everywhere.

A lot of light - and a lot of darkness too.

The grand finale of this performance. The only thing I lacked was the apmosphere of the rain.
                  Too tired to wait for the other bands and the fireworks, so I took my bike back home to edit the images.

Comment

Wonderful photos Tommi!

You may have mentioned it earlier in this thread but what ISO do you usually shoot with during concerts such as these?
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Tommi
                      Tommi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      THX!
                      Normally ISO values goes between 800-1600, sometimes 3200 and 6400. Lenses f/2.8 or f/4.0. This time they used quite powerful lamps on stage, so it wasn't too much of a problem to shoot.
                      All photographed with an old faithful 7D, hopefully soon to be replaced by a Mark II or whatever it will be called.

The next venue, Regatta dinner in Västerås, and man did we party or what?

It became a bit sweaty after a while...

..so it was time for a break!

Comment

More guest artists appear:

Together with some squakin pigs.

Comment

Todays Lucia-performance captured:

Comment

• Sigve
                          Sigve commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Like. Nice. Julestemning.

I have only just caught up with your September series, Tommi! Just superb.
                        And now such a complete contrast - the St. Lucia's Day celebration brought to us immediately. Very beautiful in its simplicity.
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

After 45 hours of work (and some help from a good friend) I'm finally finished with crafting the decorations to the annual new years play:

And I'm not even a real wood-worker person.

Double function.

Some of you might be familiar to the childrens TV-program "Fem myror är fler är fyra elefanter" from Sweden, that's exactly from where these letters have gotten their inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                          X