Eskilstunarevyn 2019 by Tommi Rotonen, on Flickr

Comment

Comment

I know (belive so myself) a tiny bit of photography, but I must say you amaze me at how sharp and in-focus your on stage pictures are. Good job, Tommi!!! (And a very happy new year ).
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Tommi
          Tommi commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much for the comments!
          Image quality on-the-go is always a fight. Some recent lessons learned is that higher-ISO with proper exposure is far better than underexposed blurry things. The 7DmkII's are nice regarding focusing. The pictures "from above" in both recent sets are actually taken with my old trusty 550D connected to a cheap radio-trigger.
          Most of the remaining bad looks are edited in Lightroom using personal presets refined during the years (actually started back in the days of the "Autumn Cruise 2011"). Lightroom helps also to add some clarity - which also adds the feeling of sharpeness.

These are brilliant, Tommi. Knowing how truly hard it is to get good shots during concerts and shows like these, you impress me with your skills.

I find these images inspiring, and images like these are probably the main reason WHY I never manage to sell my DSLR's.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Tommi
          Tommi commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much for the kind words! I try my best!

Just to find a way to show some of my pictures in a more high resolution format, I made a slideshow and uploaded on the tube. Make sure to turn on the highest resolution your display can handle (yes, it goes all the way to 4K!)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
          Just to find a way to show some of my pictures in a more high resolution format, I made a slideshow and uploaded on the tube. Make sure to turn on the highest resolution your display can handle (yes, it goes all the way to 4K!)
          Brilliant work, both video and pictures!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
          X