Re: Anybody's General photo thread.

Somebody's very professional photographs from smp.no today:
    http://www.smp.no/nyheter/soere/article6807307.ece#4

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
      Somebody's very professional photographs from smp.no today:
      http://www.smp.no/nyheter/soere/article6807307.ece#4
      Very nice images indeed... and the scenery is so spectacular too.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

An Electricians nightmare:

From Hanoi, Vietnam

Comment

More Electric fittings from Hanoi:

This one from Hoa Lo Prison, Hanoi. (Better known as "Hanoi Hilton" among some)

Comment

An Electricians nightmare:
            From Hanoi, Vietnam
            And I grumble about Bunga.y! That beats anything here into a coc.ked hat.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I saw this last Friday, and I straight away thought of our Seagull!
              Sooo cold while getting this one, but worth it.
              Bird Control vehicle at the old RAF airbase of RAF Finningley, now known as Robin hood Airport in South Yorkshire.

Last edited by SaintsFCFan; February 13th, 2013, 01:04.
              Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Delight of the Day, Paul!!!!! I love it. Already a strong contender for Seagull Photo of the Year 2013.

Of course it could be interpreted as ME needing to be CONTROLLED, which is actually probably the case most of the time!!!!!!!

Big thank you, and hope you managed to warm up and no ill-effects from your outing.

Comment

So, that one control the Seagulls.
                  What about all other birds, do they get their one Bird Control vehicle too????

Comment

Nice touch from the Hotel staff delivering fresh hand towels:

But those beady little eyes need some protection from the bright sunlight:

Comment

I like it! .............
                      Ivy

Comment

I saw the strangest thing I've seen in a while yesterday. I've seen this steaming happen on open grassland, but never on fences.
                        I think it occurred due to the dampness being met by the first warm sun we've had.

Whatever the cause, it certainly caught my attention.

Comment

Yes, I've often seen this, Paul, on my own fence, though not so evident as in your photo. It shows up well in that. But I can't say I've seen it in the open on grassland! Obviously I'm not prone to tramping about in wet fields!
                          Ivy

Comment

Nice touch from the Hotel staff delivering fresh hand towels:

Snap (almost) - but this one was spotted in your own homeland Ombugge - at the rather nice Lilland Hotel at Tau, near the ferry to Stavanger. I'd never seen anything like this before - or since, until you posted your photo from rather more exotic climes!
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A very nice photo, Paul!

Whatever the cause, it certainly caught my attention.
                              I guess those fences were wet, and then the hot sun warmed them up so that the vapour in them evapourate.

This phenomenon is most often seen on asphalt, when there has been raining and the sun comes through and heats up the black asphalt.
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                                Yes, I've often seen this, Paul, on my own fence, though not so evident as in your photo. It shows up well in that. But I can't say I've seen it in the open on grassland! Obviously I'm not prone to tramping about in wet fields!
                                I've seen it many times on open grassland Ivy, although I've not had a camera with me at the time. Must do better!

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                A very nice photo, Paul!

I guess those fences were wet, and then the hot sun warmed them up so that the vapour in them evapourate.

This phenomenon is most often seen on asphalt, when there has been raining and the sun comes through and heats up the black asphalt.
                                They were very wet Sterkoder, not so much snow but deep penetrating ice from it raining then freezing overnight.

Comment

Working...
                                X