Anybody's General photo thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody's General photo thread.

Yes Martin your photos are personnal "things" and we meet a part of your sensibility when we look at it.
    About technics never mind:just three rules TRY,TRY,TRY.
    I had the same doubts six month ago when I bought my new camera.I was amazed by all these informations in the stunning machine and shy too.
    Now I am surprised by all the possibility offer by it.
    Congratulations for your new toy!

Comment

Thank you so much, Yves

And Congrats with your "toy.machine" too.

I try very hard to teach my camera to cooperate with ME. But that "stubbern machine" does not like to listen to the "teacher".

But we have a lot of fun together anyway......

Comment

Congratulations so much with your new camera, HurtigruteMartin

Read the manual and test out your new camera by trial / error method and you will see that you will be super happy after a relatively short time.

Take a lot of pictures to test everything and you will get great shots, guaranteed

Looking forward to see many pictures from you

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut View Post

Read the manual and test out your new camera by trial / error method
          THAT was a REAL MAN`s speach

Thank you SO much, Asimut. The camera-battery needs to be charged twice a week. My livingroom-wall is probably the worlds most photographed wall right now. Using the trial-and-see-what-happens-method.

I am not, and I have no intention to be, very sofisticated when it comes to all that technical stuff, and all kind of digital tools to do "computer-pictures". But it is useful to be familiar with the possibilities in all programs, so I can be able to express and compose the "Martin-tune"......

And thank you for all inspiration you give me by your amazing photos, Asimut
          Last edited by HurtigruteMartin; October 5th, 2012, 03:15.

Comment

Here is a picture to test your imagination:

What do think you see here???

One more challange:

What in the h*** is this??

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
              Here is a picture to test your imagination:

What do think you see here???
              THIS is what I love about all you great photographers here on CVF.

Sorry to go a little OT here, ombugge. But THIS image gave my "active" imagination an assosiation to a great artwork-painting done by one of my favourite art-painters, Per Adde.

He lives on Saltfjellet. And he often paints raindeers running in a hurry up in the mountains

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...jutq3LoB_GfvKA

Comment

For years I have thought that the Eiffel tower either did not exist or they never finished building it past the second level.

Then, finally I finally saw the top of the tower.

I suppose it is my fault for traveling in the off season. No crowds of tourists but the downside is crappy weather. I'm just glad after all these years that I was finally able to see the Eiffel Tower all the way to the top. I can cross that one off my list.

And, I am glad to say the real one is better than the small copy in Las Vegas.
                Last edited by pilotdane; November 25th, 2012, 01:07. Reason: added stupid Vegas comment

Comment

great shots Dane,specially the nightshots.
                  but the downside of crossing a point away from the list is that 2 new ones come on it.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Nice surprise Dane, I hadn’t even realised you’d just been across to France! Such a great set of photos because they are each a different mood and aspect of the tower –literally “seeing it in a different light” I suppose.

But how I giggled at the first photo caption! Having spent childhood in a town that has what is supposed to be similar to the top half of the Eiffel Tower (plonked on top of a building), I had the opposite concept of what the Parisian version might be like!

Comment

Lovely shots, Dane. And that final one - bang in the centre of the image, breaking all the "rules" of picture-making - is perfect symmetry. How else could you portray the tower in all its splendour? And the fine gleam of the beacon is a joy.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

OK, Ombugge, your two puzzles at #95, what's the answer? I suppose the second is on board something, the top half of the picture is sun shining through the bars opposite on to a corrugated wall, but what the gubbins is below I know not.
                        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                          And, I am glad to say the real one is better than the small copy in Las Vegas.

Nice pictures,PILOTDANE. As a former parisian and still often going there I realize I have NEVER photographed it. Maybe if one day I go to Las Vegas...

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                            OK, Ombugge, your two puzzles at #95, what's the answer? I suppose the second is on board something, the top half of the picture is sun shining through the bars opposite on to a corrugated wall, but what the gubbins is below I know not.
                            OK, it is time to give the answers to those two "puzzles":

Both are from the loading of a barge on Heavy Lift Carrier Talisman.
                            The barge was again loaded with the topsides for a Floating Production Unit (P-61) under construction by Keppel FELS on behalf of Petrobraz.
                            The Hull is under construction at BrazFELS Yard in Brazil and some of the equipment will also be installed there, after mating of the hull and the topsides.

The top picture actually shows small fishes caught on deck when the water resided, swimming against the flow that would have taken them to the drain and back to sea. (Not in their best interest)
                            Sorry, Martin, no Raindeers, but I can see the similarity to a flock of raindeers stampeding.

The second one is a wall in the cellerdeck of the Topside structure. The sun was shining through the grating deck above, creating an interesting pattern on the wall with a number of valves and instruments.
                            Last edited by ombugge; November 25th, 2012, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                              OK, it is time to give the answers to those two "puzzles":
                              The second one is a wall in the cellerdeck
                              You can't get away with just that. It is a wall, yep. Even I managed that. I had assumed it was on a vessel, yep. But what is the gubbins along the lower half of the wall? Come on, man.
                              Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                                You can't get away with just that. It is a wall, yep. Even I managed that. I had assumed it was on a vessel, yep. But what is the gubbins along the lower half of the wall? Come on, man.
                                Sorry, my internet connection died just as I was about to "fill in the blanks". I'll have fiber optic in place next week, which should take care of everything. (Or so I have been told)

I'll post some more on this loading operation in the Heavy Lift thread when time permits.

Comment

Working...
                                X