Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody's General photo thread.

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    Don't like the smell in your cabin on a Cruise ship, or Hurtigruta???
    Here is the simple solution:
    You taketh what you haveth....

Looks like a contraption I would find during cabin inspections on cruise ships....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

While Venice is not the authentic city I wanted you have to love a place that will fill your water bottle with wine.

Comment

While searching for some info on an Oil Field offshore Sabah I came across this page "banner":

I don't know if somebody have been hacking into the site, which belonged to Shell, or if Shell has stations in co-operation with some Buddhist organization???

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
          While searching for some info on an Oil Field offshore Sabah I came across this page "banner":

I don't know if somebody have been hacking into the site, which belonged to Shell, or if Shell has stations in co-operation with some Buddhist organization???
          How very strange....
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

On a day out a couple of days ago, I saw this and thought of….

Comment

Well, don't know if there are enough Brits on CVF for this to merit its own thread - but this seems like a good place anyway.

Those of you outside the UK may not have noticed that there's some sort of big sporting event in London over the summer. This coincides with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and so parts of the country have turned red, white and blue.

There's lots of discussion about the expense of all the activities, the timing and all sorts of other things - I don't know about all that - all I know is that our little market town in a corner of England woke up to the fact that we were going to be on the route of the Olympic Torch Relay, came together as a community and had a fantastic day on Wednesday. Something like 16,000 (out of 42,000) on the streets is the estimate. Classes of school kids were out cheering anything that came past - policemen, bicycles, the bus to Swindon, a transit van with bricks in the back - families were out in the sun together, groups of colleagues had come out, and people were actually being rather nice to each other for a change!!

Colleague Tom ran the last leg in Chippenham with a smile so broad that if he didn't have ears it would have gone all the way around! He brought the torch around work afterwards - around 600 of us in the factory got another chance to look at and touch the torch and tell Tom we were proud of him, not only for carrying the torch, but for all his sporting achievements despite the challenges he faces (another story).

Just a few piccies of what turned into a lovely day (and long walk!).

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

What a lovely occasion, Mark, it is good to be able to see someone's personal experience of seeing the progress of the torch. A day for you to remember, isn't it? Thank you for the photos.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Lovely pic., Cecilia! I was looking at the funny little decorations along the bottom, they look rather like very short candles with their flames, and there are two more "flames" each side at the top. The door looks as if it might be very old.
                  I wondered whether I ought to come up and give it a clean, but then on second thoughts it is rather nice as it is!
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    ....The door looks as if it might be very old.
                    I wondered whether I ought to come up and give it a clean, but then on second thoughts it is rather nice as it is!
                    Ivy…just along the same street I also saw this painting!!!!:

Comment

If it is the best UK performer for jumping competition, even France may hope a medal at the Olympic Games.

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post

If it is the best UK performer for jumping competition, even France may hope a medal at the Olympic Games.
                        Yep - reckon you're right there Yves!! I honestly don't know the story with this one - he was just standing watching the torch go by - should think he could get over any jump - providing it was less than 10cm high!!

We do a nice line in horses with hairy feet around here though - they still pull wagons loaded with beer around from our local brewery: http://www.wadworth.co.uk/shire_horses.html
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

We do a nice line in horses with hairy feet around here though - they still pull wagons loaded with beer around from our local brewery: http://www.wadworth.co.uk/shire_horses.html[/QUOTE]

Nice worky horses on the website,Mark.....but what about the beer?

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                            Nice worky horses on the website,Mark.....but what about the beer?
                            Ah well, I'm not a very good Englishman - I really don't like beer!!

Wadworth's main product is a bitter ale called 6X - and plenty of that seems to go down well around here! There's quite a long running joke that if you want a pint of this beer, you ask the bar staff for a 6X, but if you only want half a pint you ask for a 3X. Must say something about educational standards!!

I much prefer stuff that comes in green bottles, made from grapes, and usually comes from your country!
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                              I much prefer stuff that comes in green bottles, made from grapes, and usually comes from your country!
                              Thanks for supporting our poor economy Mark.
                              By the way you know that if you ear a Frenchman telling he does'nt like wine,he is Belgian!

Comment

PoloUK...Official Seagull Encourager ....who might even talk me into going out on 13/14 June when this flame thing is due around Edinburgh!!!!!! Anyway loved the photos from down south!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X