No announcement yet.

Anybody's General photo thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a Scotsman pointing away from you?
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
      ombugge commented
      Editing a comment
      The Southern end of a North bound Scotsman maybe??

My attempt at being artistic??
    No, me being bored while waiting at an airport and just taking pictures of anything:

Comment

More photography about nothing:

Comment

• Tommi
        Tommi commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting in a kind of a way...

This is at least about something.
      This bench was seen outside the Overrun Factory Outlet along Northam Beach in Penang:

It could have gone in the Street Art thread, but since it is totally natural it cannot be called art, can it??

Comment

• Tommi
        Tommi commented
        Editing a comment
        Does art really have to a crafted piece of work? Isn't it more about how we as human beings are observing objects and performances?

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment

• yvneac
        yvneac commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course it can.In French we call this art-work Art Brut or Art Hors-Les-Normes, which has its own museum in Lausanne, Switzerland.In English, it is usually called Outsiders Art,
        Another "museum" I like to visit is located in a tiny village,100km south of Paris,Dicy,in Burgundy.
        Have a look to www.fabuloserie.com Then type EN icon in the right side to read the English version.
        By the way, thank you Ombugge for all your contributions and your links.
        PS.Who decides what is art and non art?If I was cynic I'd say the market,optimistic I'd say you and me,realistic I'd say the time.

In a small but most interesting antique shop in Bunga.y Market Place yesterday there was a wooden fish. About a metre long it stood out and something suddenly attracted me about it. It had some faded paint on it, yes, but otherwise the only work done had been firstly to saw out the fish outline because the unusual grain had brought up the sudden curve of the body into the tail and the gradual narrowing at the other end into the head, and secondly to cut the underside into a plane surface so as to fix the fish on to a wall. There was a natural curve in the piece to form the rounded body on the top side. I turned it over so that I could study the raw wood, for I at first suspected that the fins had been stuck on. But no. Even they were part of the original piece of wood.
      An appreciative eye had seen that fish in a bit of old timber. The shop owner - yes, Thijs, someone else who knows me! - said that the piece came from an old fish shop.
      Similarly, in one of our street markets held in the town four times a year, I once saw some beautiful little pieces made from driftwood. In case anyone is not sure about the "driftwood" appellation, it is small pieces of wood washed up on the beach, bleached by the sea-water. The craftsman had used the shape to fashion some delightful small objects, though here he had on occasion used a little glue! He lived in Lowestoft, so had ample opportunity to scour the sands!
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Smokers should get enough warnings every time they buy a new packet, or whenever they take a new stick.
        Just in case that is not enough, here is the latest deterrent and to encourage you to make the one you stub out your last:

Comment

The Tricolor is waving proudly from the stern of VLCC Antarctica:

Via la France. Je suis Charlie!!!

Comment

We went for a stroll last night and took some pictures on the way.
            What do YOU see here??:

Or here??:

And here??:

Comment

One more to stimulate the the imagination and get the creative juices flowing:

Any good text or comments to this and the above pictures??

Comment

#233/1 Singapore’s first attempt at a replica of Tromsö’s Arctic Church

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That similarity was what struck me too when I shot that picture.
                  Watch the Singapore thread in a while and you'll see the answer.

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i though that the first image,was the base of those buildings of 234.
                  the curve of the buildings

for image 233-3 the ferris wheel?
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, not a Ferris Wheel. If so it would be a broken one, wouldn't it??

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i was thinking that at a surtain point the lights wouldend be visable.(blocked by the wheel structure).
                  anyway wrong

Where does old pallets go when they are no longer used to carry goods???
                They become decoration in Restaurants:

Likewise does no longer required Ox Carts:

PS> Not from the same restaurant.

Comment

Even old TukTuks can become useful in a Bar:

As can an old Scooter:

Comment

Here is a picture of a fairly normal "cityscape", at least at first glance:

But is isn't just that. What do you see here???

No I haven't started making things in Photoshop. Straight out of the camera without any "fixing".

Comment

Aalesund is represented in a photo competition: http://www.smp.no/kultur/2015/10/06/...11653833.ece#6

Comment

Working...
                      X