• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody's General photo thread.

Done!!!

Maybe that will work.

Comment

Another dragon plant in the second pic.? Is that two in one pot or are both bits from one root, I wonder? Perhaps the one you operated on so ruthlessly will produce from the root as well....... (I hope it does something sensible and attractive for my sake!)

PS. I trust that you have planted the severed limb in another pot?
      Last edited by wherrygirl; May 31st, 2013, 11:54.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
        Another dragon plant in the second pic.? Is that two in one pot or are both bits from one root, I wonder? Perhaps the one you operated on so ruthlessly will produce from the root as well....... (I hope it does something sensible and attractive for my sake!)

PS. I trust that you have planted the severed limb in another pot?
        The tallest one is the original in this second pot, while the shortest is a cutoff from that same plant, newly planted.
        The cutoff from the first pot fell to the ground and disappeared into a Bougainvillea in the garden below. Maybe it will root itself there, unless the Gardener notice it and throw it away. The last time I trimmed off some limps, I left one laying flat on the soil, thinking it would decompose and become fertilizer. It did not, it shot roots into the soil from all along it's length.
        (Hardy and stubborn stuff. It could qualify as a Sunnmoring)

Comment

Feeling a little artistic I took this picture of a???:

What do YOU think you are seeing??
          Last edited by ombugge; July 11th, 2013, 11:02.

Comment

This looks like a burned tree.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Burnt tree it is!!!

This new DSV has got a pair of knockers an 18 year old girl would be proved of:

More on the ship later.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                Burnt tree it is!!!

This new DSV has got a pair of knockers an 18 year old girl would be proved of:

More on the ship later.
                The best post I have read so far today !
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I don`t know in what thread this photo belongs, so I will post it here. On a trip I met a very charming, but also a little annoying 10 years old girl. Every time I found the perfect photo-motif, she interrupted me, and appeard in my focus line. So in the end I whent right towards her. And "pulled the trigger" at the right moment. This beautiful eye has a very interesting expression, I think

Comment

That's an extraordinary photo, Martin, both in the subject and in the taking.
                    Hope to see more of your photographic work here

Comment

Happy days in Princess Park Edinburgh 1982.

Comment

Goodness Yves, what a surprise! You had me momentarily confused with Princess Park – it’s actually Princes Street Gardens – not named after a royal girl, but the two eldest sons of King George III.
                        Great photos! You have me wondering what I was doing when you took them and how closely our paths crossed! I’d been living in Edinburgh for six years, but if they were taken in mid-June I was on holiday in Dublin, Ireland! I can tell you that without even checking as it was the centenary of the writer James Joyce that prompted that trip!

Comment

Cecilia,it was in mid-july 82.I had been in Edinburgh before in 1979 and I keep good memories of the city.I went back twice in late 80's for Scotland-France rugby matches.Scottish supporters are *** dogs!!!(quite of a lad.Gai-luron in French)
                          Another view of city center

And my favorite pub at the time...maybe it doesn't exist nowadays

Comment

Ah yes, of course, the rugby! - now I recollect you mentioning that before.
                            You’ll be pleased to hear that pub does still exist. In the first photo you are on Princes Street looking along Frederick Street. Quite a few changes in the shops – I think I should take this as a “then and now” photo assignment!

Comment

• yvneac
                              yvneac commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wow,Bobby Grayfiar's still exists.Next time in Edinburgh,I'll have a drink with you there......

Flower power

Comment

More Flower Power, or at least plant power:

There is more to it than just any old "vertical garden". What do you see in the pattern here??

Comment

• yvneac
                                yvneac commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It is not clear to me.Maybe a frog?
                            Working...
                            X