Anybody's General photo thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody's General photo thread.

We cannot have a separate thread for EVERYTHING and everybody, therefore I am starting one for ANYTHING and anybody.

I'll open it by posting a few pictures that doesn't have a specific thread to go to and doesn't necessarily show anything specific.

You may make up your own mind about what you see here:

Or here:

Or this one that was taken by mistake:

When inspecting the Engine Room of a ship I slipped and accidently pressed the camera button.

Let us hear what you make it out to be, or what your imagination see here.

Re: Anybody's General photo thread.

Hahahahaha...., this should be a funny thread

Nr. 1: When I first saw it, I thought of Mother Earth
    Nr. 2: Landing facilities for many small helicopters
    Nr. 3: -"This is no drill! This is NO DRILL!!!"

(Hope you and your back are ok after the fall)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I'll add another picture to see if we can get the imaginations fire up here.

What do you see here:

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
        We cannot have a separate thread for EVERYTHING and everybody....
        Hmmmm... does this comment mean we should merge all threads together as just a forum with one single thread?
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Well, #1.1 ????????
          #1.2 is this a blown-up satellite picture? There seem to be faint redish reflections at each side of a series of lines, but apart from Sterkoder's mention of multiple helipads, I'm puzzled.
          #1.3 When you posted this elsewhere I thought it was on board ship or in a cradle hanging at the side somehow.
          #3.1 ???????? Now how would I know?
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
            Hmmmm... does this comment mean we should merge all threads together as just a forum with one single thread?
            NO, that is not at all what is implied -or indeed said - in my first post.

Similar idea to the Chit-Chat Zone. A thread where anybody can throw in any picture which doesn't fit any existing thread, or doesn't have a specific subject. (somewhat like the once I have posted above)

Simply put them here. Save us from having a lot of "single" postings and "dead" threads.
            Last edited by ombugge; October 23rd, 2011, 13:11.

Comment

I'll add another picture to see if we can get the imaginations fire up here.

What do you see here:
              Nobody have any comments to this contraption???
              I'll wait another day or two before reviling what it is, or rather what it does, to see if somebody come up with some creative ideas.

Comment

Nobody have any comments to this contraption???
                I'll wait another day or two before reviling what it is, or rather what it does, to see if somebody come up with some creative ideas.
                Wow, OK let me hazard a few guesses. First lot first -

1. Seems like a hull plating with rust patches soon to blister out
                2. A deckhands super neat job at touching up paint damages ?
                3. Agree with Sterkoder here - Has to be "This is not a drill, this is not a drill" !

The next one -

- Someones idea of a FiFi monitor ?
                - Foam monitor ?

Comment

Well, the contraption at #7:
                  As I said before - how would I know
                  But it has a dial so it's measuring something, feet - so it stands possibly on the seabed while it's measuring, is that an inlet pipe for measuring what? Salinity or something? Or is the pipe an outlet?
                  Not knowing what a FiFi monitor is I've just Googled it, and learnt a bit more. And I back Plimsollmark.
                  Ivy

Comment

Love this idea of a thread...a chitchat zone for photos!!!!!!

Comment

No one is near yet, but let's see what may come of creative ideas yet!!

Comment

That blue thingy in post #3 at first remind me of that doe-gun in one of the Wallace & Grommit movies...., but as there are an air hose there and a connection for that air hose on the blue thing, as it also have a manometer to measure pressure, I belive it might be some sort of an air pressure gun to fire a life-line or any other rope over a distance...??
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          That blue thingy in post #3 at first remind me of that doe-gun in one of the Wallace & Grommit movies...., but as there are an air hose there and a connection for that air hose on the blue thing, as it also have a manometer to measure pressure, I belive it might be some sort of an air pressure gun to fire a life-line or any other rope over a distance...??
                          Spot on. It is a heaving line throwing device.
                          Here is a picture of the line and the "projectile" used to fire it across, in this case, from the Rig to the Towing Vessel:

The messenger rope following the heaving line is seen in the first picture. The heavy Bridle is finally lowered and heaved on deck for connection to the Towing vessel's Towline. Very efficient.

A common tool on Japanese ships and, in this case, a Japanese Rig, the Hakuryu V.

Comment

No, I don't get how this connects up with the tool. Is that the air hose Sterkoder mentioned - the one with the connection end, hanging over the rail in the first picture? And is the messenger rope the rope on the rail? Is it knotted on to the heaving line? Is that the bridle on the floor in the above picture? Where is the projectile inserted, is that a cap just below the dial which removes so as to insert the projectile? Please!
                            Ivy

Comment

darn.i was almost sure that it was a potatogun,for shooting at pirates on a human way
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X