X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now i don't have GE ,dont know what this is neither

same satelite image,but zoomed out.

thats al i can do

we should load the logs at Rheinbrohl, just at the bottem of the image beside the rhein, that was given to us from the ranger, but the log truck didn't wanted to load us there. it was in the village itself between childerns and cars. so they load us at number 1

best regards Thijs

Comment

after loading i went down to the river Rhine and follow it till Bonn

best regards Thijs

Comment

the main reason to take this road back, i would pass the bridge heads remains of the Remagen Bridge

best regards Thijs

Comment

no parking places for trucks there
          best regards Thijs

Comment

bad images,but 2 lane road ,lots of traffic ,heavy camera, not ideal.

at top of the image at the red line is Cologne.
            now you have the idea where i was.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

The landscapes are beautiful: green and full of plants, trees and colours... and lots of castles and other historical buildings.
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes Germany is such a nice Country to drive through.
                For the landscapes and buildings, not as much for the way how to drive.

Ivy will remember the scenery... if i remember right, we did not exactly pass the remagen bridge, but quite nearby we followed the river rhine and had our coffee on the hill terrace. 72 hours per week... that is quite a lot and hopefully gives you some days extra holiday.
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm thinking about to visit it there , but then again, i'm tginking about a lot of places to go there sometime.

But driving near the river is such a joy, not the stress as driving over the highway.

No days extra holiday, but wxtra money for the new Highway Cruiser. Spent thousends of euros for extras as factory accesoires.

Bad luck today.
              had to discharge a container in Pfungstadt Germany and then i would be nearby the Bernd Rosemeyer memorial site. Just needed a little detour.
              but what the heck ,just go.
              darn, parking place was closed for road works at the roadside.
              always wanted to visit it there in the time that i was away for the whole week. But not the camera with me that time and when do so i wasn't there. Now i had it with me ,since years i'm in the neigberhood and it.s closed.
              darn darn darn
              Last edited by janihudi; June 27th, 2018, 21:35.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                Bad luck today.
                had to discharge a container in Pfungstadt Germany and then i would be nearby the Bernd Rosemeyer memorial site. Just needed a little detour.
                bit what the heck ,just go.
                darn, parking place was closed for road works at the roadside.
                always wanted to visit there in the time i was away the whole week. But no the camera with me that time and when do so i wasn't there. Now i had it with me ,since years i'm in the neigberhood and it.s closed.
                darn ddarn darn
                Unlucky timing.... but so typical. Similar ting also happen to me, I go somewhere and when I get there, something prevents me from doing what I came for.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wel , maybe another time for me.
                  it seems that we came there on regular basis
              Working...
              X