Ditjes en Datjes of JANIHUDI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great day I'm sure.

It must be a truly special experience to sail up to such a giant as the one in your image 383/1. That thing looks gigantic.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
      yes but later,i place them first on fb (yes you hate me for that)
      Oh, that's quite normal for CVF members now. And yes, I do, I do.
      The office could have seen them on CVF. Saved you all that work putting any that remain on here, you could just delete the ones they didn't like.
      but they have more guests on board and there are some emplyies there amogst them then tell the office about it.
      i/we should had signed a form about own risk blabla.
      so i want to show them first at them,so that i can remove those they rather wont see on the social media.
      but if i have to skip al those images which showes company or tugname,there wont be much left
      So I bet the tug captain is in a spot of trouble at the moment. Never mind, you had a good time, so no skin off your nose, as we say. (meaning you're not in any trouble)
      Last edited by wherrygirl; October 21st, 2014, 23:34.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

wel i think that the soup wouldend be eaten that hot as it was beeing served.(dutch saying)
        but i think when i call the tug name with dots between the latters the surch pages wont found them eather

and about the ''front kathrine'' in post 383/1

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=1629186
        best regards Thijs

Comment

yesterday i pealed a couple of 100.000 bulbs of tulips,daffodils and crocusses.
          today i planted them,beside the crocusses,next weekend maybe,yes i know to late.
          but i bought yesterday also a new kind of tulips,

lest see if they gonna just as nice as on the picture,probally not
          best regards Thijs

Comment

No reason why they shouldn't be absolutely as good. I admit I don't like that kind of pink, but you do, I know. However, I do love the feathered colouring. There is one type called Artist, which I bought for my mother years ago. It was a salmon pink, green and cream - gorgeous. But they all died out after a very short time and were not to be found anywhere in the shops for years. Then a year or so ago I found some in a catalogue. I immediately sent for them, but they too soon died out. I would buy fresh each year if I could but find them.
            It is not too late for tulip planting anyway, November is fine, otherwise they get caught by frosts when they appear too early in the following year. And the other bulbs will all catch up. Things do.
            I expect a great display of bulb pics. next spring. Good enough to rival Keukenhof.
            Ivy

Comment

and which one may that be?

https://www.google.nl/search?q=tulp+...2F%3B378%3B456
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh, that's the one!
                I must Google Thompson's catalogue to see if they still have some, though it is a bit late to buy. But they are a very good firm down in Ipswich.
                Ivy

Comment

if you got them this wek i think it stil can,i believe from oct till dec
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, these are late flowering tulips and there is still time to plant. But most of the sites have sold out of Artist and the only two remaining - I think they both relate back to Parker's - give a 28 day delivery period for everything. But I'll give them a ring tomorrow and find out.
                    Ivy

Comment

How did the fireworks go, Thijs? Did you take any photos of them?
                      Also I was reminded of the splendid pics. you took of the fair at Gorinchem two years ago and wondered whether you went again last year?
                      Ivy

Comment

nope didn't take images this year,not of the fireworks,or the fair,which i didn't go eather
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

and here is the result of #394

but just 4 came out. (sofar)

i think the cannas and the dahlias wont be much this year,all cannas seems to be dead,and from the dahlias maybe a few over.
                          there are not much new loots,only 3 from about the 10 roots i have
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

And they are just exactly like ice cream cornets, aren't they! That second picture in particular shows them perfectly. They look sturdy plants, Thijs.
                            I wonder what happened to the cannas, they were glorious, as were the dahlias. Do you think it was the weather?
                            And hey, remember I was on about the tulip Artist? I thought that those I'd planted a year or so ago had died out, but last year noticed two tulip bulbs that had come up blind (without blooms) and I wondered what they were. They have come again and with a bloom - the Artist. The first has opened but I won't take its photo as the petals are warped. I'll see how the second one goes.
                            Do you remember those black tulips I bought at Zaanse Schans? They were very small, those in the back garden never came up, while two in the front send up leaves only, so far. I think I'll put them in a pot with some compost and see how they develop.
                            Ivy

Comment

or left them where they are,and trow some fertilizer over it.
                              i got every year those ''blind'' tulips
                              they are more opened now

and they had there best times.

no use to send them to you Ivy,you don't like pink
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

spend many hours to download images from Smit Tugs,got hundreds of them now and stil more to download,and then i have to sort them out.
                                same name-differend tug model.
                                and arguing with the planners Friday night,about to pick up the truck.
                                i Always want the contaner light or empty so i can disconnect the chassis and bring the truck to my home to clean it well and stuff all the goods in the truck.
                                now they wanted that i picked up the containers by myself on Friday night because they HAD to go out,and they are have loaded +20 ton each.
                                so ruined my Friday,and couldend get the truck at home for it.
                                today Wesley and i went 2 times to the truck with some stuff and 2 buckets (eacht time) with some water in it so we wouldend spil it in the car.and cleaned it there,tomorow the table and the bedsheets and carpets ,than it have good to go till Christmas,the next holyday.
                                so bisides at the other thing what i had done (not much) i did do the garden.
                                bought lots of flowers clean the garden and planted them.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X