Ditjes en Datjes of JANIHUDI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not much to see of the dahlia's.
    the most of the canna's are open now,and what i thought,all yellow.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, those cannas are huge! Wonderful great plants. The dahlias in the back garden are past their best, I suppose, but the front garden ones are still very beautiful.
        But, Thijs, what on earth is that outboard motor doing - slicing through that lovely flame coloured dahlia, my favourite shade!
        Thank you for photographing them all for me.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

that outboard engine is there to support the dahlia.
          we had a lot of wind last night,the giant at the back is broken.
          just 1 canna in at the back is huge,and flowereing for weeks,al the other are just a little higher than 1meter,and in there first week of blooming
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, you said about one of the dahlias being broken. So that outboard motor is doing a good job!
            I only ever grew a canna once, that was several years ago. It was in a pot, therefore I suppose it would not grow as large as yours. So all yours look very big and luzurious to me, and their leaves are amazing.
            Ivy

Comment

planting in a pot has a disadvantage that you cant get the root out of it in autum.if you let it in the pot,it can break because the root get a x times bigger that what you planted.
              but i had red and orange Cannes,and all i have now is yellow,so trow some away,i want colored ones.

the red.yellow dahlia was broken up 2 weeks back,the giant this night.
              i have to buy more supports,and in differend lenghts
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Has the garden centre got that kind of support that is a circle on legs but with a kind of criss-cross arrangement of bars across it, so that as the plant grows the stems can go through the squares? I've never tried them, but they must be good for bushy plants. The supports would need to have long legs to suit your flowers, though!
                Ivy

Comment

Wesley and I had a great day on a harbour tug last sunday
                  step on around 9,30am and step of at 00,45am.
                  they/we had 6 vessels that day to bring in.

here a few from my phone

best regards Thijs

Comment

made a panorama pic aswel.as a try

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Wow, that was for sure a wonderful day. Impressing pictures. Did Wesley take also pictures?
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

yes,don't know how much,i got more than 600 pics.
                          the most i had a look at and some ''photshop'' and than i have to sort them out for what i place.
                          and over 1 hour we go to Rotterdam again,the ''Oasis of the Seas'' sails at 5pm,meaning lots of pics again.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh boy, am I jealous! (Not so sure about being soaked to the knees, though. I'd have to wrap myself in a large plastic bin-bag.)
                            That must have been one of the most fascinating experiences to do with ships, that you've had, Thijs. You told me a little about it, but will you write more here and perhaps with many more photos? To see it from the point of view of actually being on the tug, although you were not part of the crew, must really have been great. Not many people get the chance to be there and free to just watch. If you have enough images, it surely deserves a thread of its own, although maybe it's better here as the thread is always live.
                            PS later.
                            My mind was so full of trying to imagine being on the tug and able to watch all the intricate manoevres that I said nothing about your panorama. I think it gives an excellent view of the operation being carried out at the time. Well done.
                            Last edited by wherrygirl; October 17th, 2014, 15:36.
                            Ivy

Comment

More pics?..........
                              Ivy

Comment

yes but later,i place them first on fb (yes you hate me for that) but they have more guests on board and there are some emplyies there amogst them then tell the office about it.
                                i/we should had signed a form about own risk blabla.
                                so i want to show them first at them,so that i can remove those they rather wont see on the social media.
                                but if i have to skip al those images which showes company or tugname,there wont be much left
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X