No announcement yet.

Ditjes en Datjes of JANIHUDI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these roses did well now,full with blooms.
    last year hardly a rose,so this year digged the soil away for some cm and fill itback with rose soil,and mixed that with roses manure.
    lots of roses this year.

best regards Thijs

Comment

That's not one of THE roses, is it? There are some beautiful close-ups of the dahlias there, Thijs. You are on to a winner with them for they last a good long time, don't they? I haven't grown dahlias for years, so cannot rival yours in my garden thread. But I have shown several other things, with more to come, and will try to keep it going so that when Paul looks in again he'll be pleased, He always looks to see what I am showing, whether flower or insect and is very encouraging.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I doubt if it is those little black insects which are causing the damage. I find them on flowers all over the place. I don't know what they are called, not lice - that usually refers to the bug found on people's scalps and elsewhere. I guess your problem is earwigs, they perforate new shoots and blooms with tiny holes and nibble along leaf edges. I have it on two coleus plants, they spoil each new shoot. And they have invaded the kitchen - the other evening I found two on the remains of a loaf of bread which was on the worktop, so I promptly binned it and bought a fresh loaf next day.
        Ivy

Comment

they ruined the blooms anyway,with the black spots of them.
          the real damage is caused by those catterpillers,whatever there Original name may be.

nope,this are not THE roses,they have just a few leaves on them.

yes i saw your colorful lilly,and that great image with the hooverflies
          best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

and yes,also plenty of those webdesigners too.

best regards Thijs

Comment

thes 2 baskets are dooing well.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

yooohooooo

he you 2 get a room,not my garden!!

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh, I enjoyed these photos, you have some good shots amongst them. Particularly good is the spider - you are champion at them - and also that last one with the head and antennae well focused and sharp.
                            I wish you'd do more of this sort of thing - at the expense of a few ships, maybe - but so much more interesting to photograph. Anyone with a camera can photograph a ship, but a close-up is an art.
                            Ivy

Comment

vessels are some easier to make Ivy,they don't move that fast like the butterflies.
                              made plenty of them,but al wentin the bin,so those are thebest i got,and all zoomed in.
                              but the macro lens did it wel.
                              even of vessels you can make close ups
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, of course, many of the photos one takes end up in the bin. But to take a photo of a vessel is so easy, zoom, click and it's done. I used the zoom for the HLC we saw. But providing you get the horizon straight, what skill is there in that? Child's play!
                                Ok, butterflies won't keep still. Nor do dragonflies. But sometimes you can catch them when they are resting and with care and good judgernent on focusing you can get a beautiful image. And what about other creatures - your spider, for example? Macro photography is the one that separates the photographer from the record keeper, setting the right aperture to achieve the best d.o.f., careful focusing on the right area as you did on that one at #342.2 etc.etc..
                                And remember your gull photos? They were not always such close-ups, but you caught swiftly moving birds with some most remarkable images. Forget Rotterdam port for a bit and try for something else. Surprise yourself.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X