Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ditjes en Datjes of JANIHUDI

In my last post I had intended to reply to this remark of yours:
    i'm happy with this one too,it's nowhere really out of focus,everything is visseble,the reed in the forground,the water the feery, Gorinchem over the hole line,the reed nearby and Gorichem hundreds meters away.
    probally a lucky shot.
    However, I signed off without doing so.
    That one at #172.2 was no lucky shot. A good eye, rather. I liked it very much, particularly as a scene like this is so often shot in landscape format and yet in portrait it really works very well, somehow adding to the effect of looking across to the opposite bank. The eye is first attracted to the foreground reeds and then travels up the page.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i had take a look at the Dunwish site,but there is a lot if the city flushed away,over the past 800 years and in 1 night 1/4th of the city.
      glad that you live far away from shore.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

the pillars in case the bridge was bommed in the cold war.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

the only thing you can see is the concrete block in the water on GE,the pillars arn't visable through the trees.

but this one that was cut away,don't matter,stil not visable.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post

okay here we go

black : the historic port of Woudrichem,digged out
              red : the new digged flood channel (about 10 years back)
              purple: the flood channel they are digging now
              yellow:a old channal to the port of Oudendijk (my birthplace)( not in use anymore,but i know that there was a kind of yacht marina for the locals)
              pink: the walk we did
              grey: the ''forest''
              orange: where i made the ''forest'' images
              bleu: the aeria where theu cut away trees including dig out the roots,so that there wil be no new loots.
              orange dots:the pillars for the Genius troops??? so that in the time of the cold war (in the winter) and the russians would blow up the bridge,the troops could build a bridge over the river.if from the beach they would use a pontoon bridge or a ''ferry'' i don't know,but images wil come.
              licht bleu: the DAMEN shipyard
              light green: where the cows walked,and we on the other side of the channel
              white: the horsies
              a closer look

yellow,pink and red the same as on the above overvieuw
              white line is how the port should have been,but is clogged now and al is left is the trench.
              purple is the ''new'' digged part with a lowerd dam and damdrains.

orange line where the qoay was.this qoay.

don't know the year though.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

taken here the images just below the lightbleu cross,on the southern dam,looking west,the red lined trench.

well darn,don't walk for my lens,go away.

yeah ,thats right,shame on you.

best regards Thijs

Comment

from the middle of the little isle,stil looking west.
                  in my more younger years,this al was farmers meadow,many farmers had there cows browsing??? here in sommer.
                  but the flooding bring a lot of heavy metals and more fine material with it,that its not allowed here for cows browsing??? anymore for milkproducing.

looking east into the former port,now just a trench,in the dam the drain.don't know the englisch name for it.

best regards Thijs

Comment

''gorinchem x'' on her way to Sleeuwijk.

''gorinchem VIII''on her way to Woudrichem

best regards Thijs

Comment

nature gives and nature takes.

best regards Thijs

Comment

at the right time at the right place.

''gorinchem X'' on her way to Sleeuwijk.(again)

mercon steel,a company that mades a lot of constructions for the offshore,you could have seen it on a lot of inland freighters thread images.

best regards Thijs

Comment

When I first looked at your map and at the orange dots representing the pillars for a possible emergency bridge, I noticed that there seemed to be no remains on the opposite bank. Or did the war stop before they got round to building them?
                          Thijs, those meadows where the floodwater contaminated the ground so that there can be no more browsing, was that the recent floods or those years ago? What a terrible waste. The ground cannot be used for anything, can it? Who owns it - farmers? Did they get any compensation?

nature gives and nature takes
                          #190 Good shots by a philosopher.....

at the right time at the right place.
                          #191.1 and with a quick finger on the button! What are those two blue marks on the tree. Is that trunk due to be felled?

#191.2 Oh well, back to commerce just when I was settling in for a good browse on historical matters and nature! BAH!
                          Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                            When I first looked at your map and at the orange dots representing the pillars for a possible emergency bridge, I noticed that there seemed to be no remains on the opposite bank. Or did the war stop before they got round to building them?
                            they are there,but didn't remark them,i wasn't there afteral.the ''cold war'' was running after WWII,so the start of building was after WWII.they build the most time consuming part in ''peace time'',so in case the cold war became a ''hot'' war then they only have to place the bridge parts,what can be done in a few days,the pillars are allready there.

orange: pillars
                            red : opposite pillars
                            purple : trench
                            grey : the removed pillars (one for shure ,but maybe 2 or even 3)(see trench)
                            white line: my walk that afternoon
                            bleu arrow: from where i shoot the pillars shots,with the in the water bridgehead.
                            pink arrow's :from where i take some of the freighters images. (what is the englisch name for those ''walls'',we call them ''krib'' and keeping the river sailable.

this is ''normal'' level

but here is the red line, the level of the first 10 posts of the thread.yellow is the car dock.

Thijs, those meadows where the floodwater contaminated the ground so that there can be no more browsing, was that the recent floods or those years ago? What a terrible waste. The ground cannot be used for anything, can it? Who owns it - farmers? Did they get any compensation?
                            the floods are there almost every year,sometime a meter ,othertimes half way dyke or even at the top of the dyke,whats is a several meters.outerside dykes aeria's are from the gouverment ,Department of public works.farmers could rent it from them for extra meadow land and grass to make hay.for food production hardly used it,maybe in case that when they sowing something there and there came a late or a early flood the seed or the harvest could be flushed away.so the farmers didn't own it,so no compasation eather.there are now the cows and horses there,just for keeping the grass short,the cows are not for milk production.

#190 Good shots by a philosopher.....
                            more a nonsense figure

#191.1 and with a quick finger on the button! What are those two blue marks on the tree. Is that trunk due to be felled?
                            the bleu markers are the trees that keep saved,a lot was cut away,but the bleu dots trees are all still standing,what is also good to see in this image,cut away loots,and still standing loots. btw made 2 images of those kind and this one was in the middle

#191.2 Oh well, back to commerce just when I was settling in for a good browse on historical matters and nature! BAH!
                            commerce keeps the world rotating Ivy
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                              (what is the englisch name for those ''walls'',we call them ''krib'' and keeping the river sailable.
                              We call them breakwaters. If they are longer and wider so that you can walk on them and boats can tie up alongside then they are jetties.

more a nonsense figure
                              Oh NO

cut away loots,and still standing loots.
                              I understand what you mean by "loots", but if that is an English word then it is the wrong one for this. To loot something is to steal it, or you can point to a sack of stuff you've stolen and say that is my loot. (We use it as a joke word sometimes when we have bought a lot of things.) My dictionary gives the Dutch word "loot" as a shoot or a cutting, which makes sense in a way, but "a shoot" and "a cutting" refers more to when we take a piece from a small plant and put it in the ground to root and grow. What was your Dutch word?
                              The "stem" of a tree is trunk, so when you have a coppiced tree like those you show, I suppose we'd just say one of its trunks, I can't think of a word for just one of several trunks growing from the base. However, it's clear what you mean even if it's the wrong word!

commerce keeps the world rotating Ivy
                              Yes, I expected something like that!

Many, many thanks for all your answers,Thijs.
                              Ivy

Comment

hey thijs when we are looking fore some new places fore taken photo;s

gr cornel ps you have talk it great about the merwede

Comment

Working...
                                X