Wherrygirl's Garden Patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 September 2013 (again)

Those colchicums are so very beautiful and I just must put another shot of them on the Patch. So brief is their life and then so long until this time next year.

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• kiki42
      kiki42 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love this picture,,,,, one of my favourite colours, and the photography is first class as usual .

27 September 2013

I do wish I could name this. I normally push the plastic label into the soil when I plant something unusual, but scrabble as I might, I have never been able to discover this one. Although the flower spike is relatively short lived, the leaves are so attractive from spring till autumn, being palmate and an unusual deep plum colour.

Ivy

Comment

28 October 2013

The male Common Darter dragonfly again, near the pond.

Ivy

Comment

29 October 2013

Caught it just in time.

Ivy

Comment

thats a nice flower at #392,don't know its name eather.

what ,thats all.no close up from your dragon fly???

that gekko,i think you had time enoug,looks like stoned in time
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
            what ,thats all.no close up from your dragon fly???
            There's one here. What do you want - jam on it, man???

that gekko,i think you had time enoug,looks like stoned in time
            OR: just in time to catch the rapidly moving shadow so that it looked as if the gekko were climbing up it.
            Ivy

Comment

That gecko is so still, it looks like a metal one bought from a garden centre! ;0) Haven't checked the mop bucket, but other things have been blown about by the recent high winds. Our squirrel's tail is sooooooooo bushy - I ought to ask it it in to do some cobweb dusting. The dragonfly pik is a corker, Ivy.

Comment

Thank you, Paul.
                Yes, the gecko is iron and was bought from one of the Bunga.y street fairs a few years ago. I only recently moved it to that wall as I had at last got round to painting the brick shed (old wash-house) and store (old loo). Looks good against the primrose brick. (The layers of paint I've put on over the years is the only thing holding the old bricks together in some places!) Last spring I had taken the gecko off the hook on a post where it had lived for a few years and just at the back were a group of hibernating ladybirds in a little indentation. I hope they find it this year - there were still some about a few days ago.
                I ought to buy one of those little bug-houses, really. I tried making one out of a bundle of small pieces of cane once, but it fell to bits.
                Ivy

Comment

3 November 2013
                  Despite the lateness of the year there are several plants still flowering, albeit in ones or twos, but this one is doing so at its normal time of year and with its rich colouring is very welcome.

Nerine Bowdenii

Ivy

Comment

Your colourful piks continue to brighten dark, depressing winter days, Ivy! Not much new in our rear garden - our pair of squirrels continue to brazenly steal bread put out for the birds. Getting regular visits from our local robin. Its breast is still orangy at present. The bread eaters are mainly sparrows, but when the wood pigeons and magpies appear, it doesn't last long. The gaps under the fence have been blocked off, so the foxes haven't shown their faces for some time. I hear them at night, though. Some of the noises from behind our rear fence can be chilling in the dark!

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                      29 October 2013

Caught it just in time.

[/center]

Is that a real one, or is it a decorative piece?
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It is one cast in metal, I believe, Jan Olav - looks convincing, though, doesn't it! Come on, Ivy, where are the festive garden pix? Wot, no mistletoe, holly berries or ivy, Ivy? ;0)

Comment

Yes Paul, had J.O. looked at #398 as well as your and Thijs' comments, he would have known the answer to his question !!!
                          And no, Paul, no mistletoe, no holly berries, not even an Ivy. (Plenty of Ivy pics. scattered about CVF anyway and am going to post some more any minute - but not on this thread to spoil it. )

18 January, 2014
                          Making a brave little show, my small winter jasmine, a sunshine burst with which to begin a fresh garden year.

I really must repot it. A gift from my dear late friend Constance years ago it so deserves a large pot, and this it shall have as soon as flowering has gone over.
                          Ivy

Comment

Ooh, many thanks for your appreciative comment on #391.1, Kiki. I feel very flattered!
                            Ivy

Comment

Nothing for 4.5 months! So sorry to see this thread appears to be winding down, Ivy. It has been a sheer delight. Nothing new going on in Ivy' s bed? (Flower, that is!)

Same sort of critters in our garden: the Magpies, wood pigeons, squirrels, sparrows, wrens, great tuts, blackbirds, all battling it out for scraps thrown out. No foxes for a while since we blocked off their entry hole, but still see them patrolling the estate. The local cats think they rule the roost, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X