No announcement yet.

Sigve's Gallery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice capture of the Queen in spectacular landscape!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

February 4, 2014

Polarlys passing Hornelen, Bremangerlandet, august 1998.

Regards; Sigve.
      ---
      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

February 4, 2014 # II
        In my gallery we have seen both Saga Rose and Black Prince. They were retired 2010. I found this on the net.

"SOLAS 2010 rules.
        “Forced 2010 SOLAS retirements include: Blue Monarch, Saga Rose, Regal Empress, Black Prince, Ivory, Ancona, Mona Lisa, and, I believe, Kristina Regina. Others like Oceanic and Pacific may go because they are wearing out and/or costly to operate but not necessarily because of 2010 SOLAS,” Knego told Cruise Business Online.
        In addition, the collapse of plans to reintroduce the Orient Lines’ brand by US investors by Maxim Gorkiy, the 1969 built steam turbine driven vessel that was meant to be renamed Marco Polo II, means that this ship too is heading for breaking up, media reports say. The future of Queen Elizabeth 2 appears to be in some doubt as well following reports that its Dubai based owners may be facing financial difficulties."
        Regards; Sigve.
        ---

Comment

February 5, 2014:

ROLLING ON

Norwegian built buses and coaches was not much to brag about in the 80-ies.
          This is a bus from Brdr. Repstad Karosseriverksted, used both as a bus and and as a coach. In norwegian we have a word; «bedrøvelig» = sad. (1980)

This is build no 1.000 from Vest Karosserifabrikk, not exactly a great design. (1986)

But not everything that came from the outside was successful. This finnish Delta 400 would never win a beauty contest, at least not with this decoration. (April 1982)

There came some fine designs from abroad. This belgian Jonckheere coach got very popular in Norway in a short time and achieved a great sale. (June 1982)

And from german Neoplan there came timeless elegance. (June 1986)

This is Mercedes Benz own O 303 high build, a great design and successful in every way, and a great coach both to ride and work in. This one is photographed in Amsterdam. (April 1985)

Regards; Sigve.
          ---

Comment

Awesome - I remember these kinds of buses from my childhood. Great memories, great memories....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

February 6, 2014

The King

(Postcard, bought at Hurtigrutemuseet, Stokmarknes)
              Regards; Sigve.
              ---

Comment

February 7, 2014:

When two hurtigruter meet in the lane, they wave and wave and wave with balloons and flags and sheets and towels and whatever they have. This is Nordnorge, seen from Finnmarken, south of Ørnes, Helgelandskysten, September 29, 2013.

(Canon Digital Photo)
                Regards; Sigve.
                ---

Comment

• Sigve
                  Sigve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Upon reflection; I think this might be Nordkapp, since we met Nordnorge in Rørvik the same evening. They were following each other in the schedule. I'm sure somebody already have spotted the difference.

February 8, 2014:

Morning rendevouz

Stena Danica (left) and Stena Jutlandica (both 1983) meet in the morning mist outside Frederikshavn, Jutland, Denmark.

(Fuji Velvia film, June 1990).
                Last edited by Sigve; February 8th, 2014, 10:32.
                Regards; Sigve.
                ---

Comment

• Tommi
                  Tommi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice photo,
                  just to clarify, these are Stena Danica & Jutlandica from 1983.

• Sigve
                  Sigve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are right, Tommi. I have chequed and corrected. Thank You.

Wonderful shots - great memories comes back in old paper-photographs!

Comment

February 8, 2014:

Since this is a weekend, and since I’m in an extremely good mood, I’ll post an X-tra:

Coaching on #1

The Rolls Royce of coaches in the late 80’ies and early 90’ies, was the Kässbohrer Setra (SElbstTRAgend). Kässbohrer build their own selfsupporting bodies on Mercedes Benz chassis. A more compact coach than the MB O 303 (the Mercedes B of coaches), with very good solutions and of a very high quality throughout. And most important: A drivers dream. The norwegian tour company # 1, Feriebussen (Østerdal Billag), had an exclusive fleet of Setra’s.

On this picture, a Feriebussen Setra leaves the Norwegian Seamans Church in Rotterdam, May 1989.

In this picture, a MB 0303 (front) from Spjelkavikruten and a Feriebussen Setra wait for their passengers in the park at the Norwegian Seamans Church in Rotterdam. The MB is the same as in post #79 /6, but repainted by new owner.This was in a time when many bus companies had their own coach programmes. Many norwegians went abroad, touring Europe by coach. Now 90% of this is gone, and the most of the coaches now rolling on norwegian roads in the summer season, come from the Baltics, including Poland, driving incoming tourists, while norwegians now prefer to vacate by plane to Syden and other destinations..

(To be continued)
                  Regards; Sigve.
                  ---

Comment

• Tommi
                    Tommi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've never been very much into buses, but your pictures surely brings back a lot of nice memories from the 80's.
                    Last edited by Tommi; February 10th, 2014, 00:15.

in the 70's i went with my parents on coach travels too,Black forest,Swiss, Austria and Italy,for 1,2,or 3 weeks.
                  that was the way of shorter holiday's that time,every where we came lots of coaches every where
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

February 9, 2014

Coaching on #2

(continued)

A coach driver with many skills was worth his weight in gold. This is Nils O from Feriebussen/Hallingdal Billag with his Setra 5 215 HD named Ludvik (named after a figure by norwegian author Kjell Aukrust). He entertained the guests with his two row accordeon whenever there was a chance. At the ferry terminals, waiting for the embarkation, they often took a dance in the waiting lane. (September 1990)

A Mercedes Benz 0 303 from Vaglen Tours, Halden, in front of Blair Castle, Scotland. (August 1985)

Meeting in the high mountains: A Kässbohrer Setra meeting a Mercedes Benz O 303 on a mountain road near Seefeld, Austria. Small clearance? Oh, no, said our driver Arne M, plenty of millimetres….(July 1989)

(The head you can see in the middle, is the head of Arne Moslåtten, Hellbillies songwriter)

A coach drivers curse was that he always had to clean up the coach when the passengers were dining. This is Oddvar B cleaning his Setra at dinner time in the backyard of Caledonian Hotel, Inverness, Scotland. (July 1986)

Rolling and riding: Autobahn, heading for Rüdesheim, (July 1990).

Last edited by Sigve; February 8th, 2014, 19:46.
                    Regards; Sigve.
                    ---

Comment

Great images - love the particularly the last one!

Comment

• Sigve
                        Sigve commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you! We were two coaches driving together, and I took the picture through the rear window of the first one, in 100 km/t, with a 70-200 mm telephoto lens....

February 10, 2014

Meeting in the lane; Midnatsol (II) on Meløyfjorden, Helgelandskysten.

(Nikon, Fuji Velvia film, July 1997).
                      Regards; Sigve.
                      ---

Comment

February 11, 2014:

David and Goliath; the tourist ferry Fanaraaken and Celebrity Infinity in Flåm, August 2013.

(Canon EOS 5 Mk III)
                        Regards; Sigve.
                        ---

Comment

Working...
                        X