No announcement yet.

Sigve's Gallery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a pleasure catching up here in the Gallery, Sigve - and too many ‘favourites’ to mention!

Comment

• Sigve
      Sigve commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You, Cecilia.

November 19, 2014:

Lofoten in Ytre Steinsundet, Solund, March 2012:

(Canon digital photo)
    Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! And crowded bridge wings! That would have been also my place in this passage!

• yvneac
      yvneac commented
      Editing a comment
      Always nice to be in touch with Lofoten.Thank you Sigve.
      My wish:be around the crane when crossing Stokksundet.

• Sigve
      Sigve commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you both for your comments.
      Merci pour votre commentaire sympathique.
      Vielen Dank für Ihre freundlichen Kommentar.
      (With the help of Google translate)

November 20, 2014:

The good life on Deck 5:

For me, Deck 5 has always been a favourite. Her I can walk, sit, enjoy nature, have a nap, a beer, take pictures. I do not like the often windful and – in summer – overfilled Deck 7. On Deck 5 I often take pictures which involves Hurtigrutens Post flag. Here is a selection:

Nordlys, Helgelandskysten, June 1998:

Nordnorge; Storfjorden, heading for Geiranger, April 2003:

Nordnorge; Storfjorden, from Geiranger and back to Ålesund:

Polarlys: Romantic moment on Romsdalsfjorden, July 1997:

Nordlys: Stokksundet, September 2012:

And then, from Lofotens boat deck, with Alden in the background:

Regards; Sigve.
    ---

Comment

November 21, 2014:

Early June morning, 1996, southbound Nordkapp departs Måløy. The picture was taken from Måløybrua. At this time, Nordkapp had been in service just a few months, she was named by the Queen in March that year, together with Polarlys (the Double Naming) in Ulsteinvik.

(Nikon, Fuji Velvia film)
      Regards; Sigve.
      ---

Comment

Wheeeh, a Hurtigruten advertising brochure. Where shall i put my sign under the booking reservation? And i fully agree to your opinion about deck 5 and 7, 5 was also to me more favourite.
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sigve
          Sigve commented
          Editing a comment
          Es freut mich, dass Sie meine Deck 5-Sammlung genossen. Vielen Dank für Ihre freundlichen Kommentar.

November 21, 2014:

Todays Extra:

Lærdalstunnelen, a 25 km long hole in the mountain between Lærdal and Aurland. Three halls with colored lights, but apart from that a noisy hell of a place, stinking with exhaust and burnt tires.

(Canon digital photo)
        Regards; Sigve.
        ---

Comment

November 22, 2014:

Autumn evening at sea. The sun sets at Buadjupet, the outer part of Harøyfjorden between Bud and Bjørnsund, north of Molde, just as Polarlys came in from Hustadvika. The picture is taken from the upper deck of Polarlys (the deck where we are not allowed, but where we sneak to take such pictures when nobody see us…).

September 1996. (Fuji Velvia film)
          Regards; Sigve.
          ---

Comment

• Tommi
            Tommi commented
            Editing a comment
            That funnel kind of looks best from that direction. A bit clumsy but cute.

Now that is both an unusual image, and at the same time, truly beautiful.

I have always wanted those upper decks on the new ships to be opened to public... a bit windy up there but with great views!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

November 22, 2014:

In the weekends I'm usually in a good mood, and therefore there is an X-tra today:

Shop talk

I know that many of you are very interested in photographic tools, cameras and gear. For you I have assembled this collection of my favorite equipment:
            Beeing a semi-pro - a photographer/journalist - I am well equipped, but not in the highest professional price class.

My workhorses are the Canon EOS 5D Mk III and EOS 6D bodies, both with battery packs. (The 6D has both Wifi and GPS, and how could I do without?). To these I have the 4/17-40, 4/24-105, 4/70-200 and 4/300 lenses. I also have Canon 20/28/35 mm primes, and Sigma macros 70 and 150. I eagerly await the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.

In the new digital era the high ISO-performance is so good that I feel I do not need to use the fastest, heaviest and most expensive lenses, not even for sports.

Up to 2005/6 I used Nikon, using almost every analogue and digital body from the famous Nikon F2 and up to the D3s, with a battery of lenses, including the new 2,8/300. I carried great weight on my shoulders, those years…

If you ask me why I changed from Nikon to Canon it was because, at that time, white balance was an issue, and I considered Canon to be best at this point. Today I can’t tell any difference, and today it would be madness to switch back. So I’m living good with my Canon’s.

The last year I have used the Sony RX 100 II as my holiday camera. This is a wonderful little gem which gives me the most beautiful files, but its LCD screen is impossible in normal and bright daylight. You simply don’t see what you photograph. Point and shoot, literally, with no control at all.

My last addition is the Sony Alpha a6000. This is an experiment. A mirrorless DSLR which has drawn marvellous reviews. Much smaller and lighter than a normal DSLR, but with a viewfinder. 10 frames pr second! As a starter I have bought the Zeiss 4/16-70 lens. Then we have to see. I know of colleagues of mine who have parked their «normal» gear in the cupboard and is sporting this little thing exclusively.

PS: Since year 2000 I have been a member of the norwegian picture agency Samfoto, started in 1976 by a group of socially and politically conscientious norwegian photographers. The agency is now a part of NTB/Scanpix, the dominant norwegian news and picture agency. Nearly all the pictures I have shown in this thread, are available digitally from there. The original positive film dias are also parked there. Have a look at www.scanpix.no.Under "Redaksjonelt/Editorial" Samfoto has its own tag. To search and look is free and don’t require a username/password.
            Last edited by Sigve; November 22nd, 2014, 18:10.
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---

Comment

• yvneac
              yvneac commented
              Editing a comment
              Dear Sigve
              I do like photography when it tries to capture and be witness to human activity.I am fan of US FSA photographers(Evans,Shahn...) Swedish Sune Jonsson, French Depardon,etc...
              So your sentence "socially and politically concientious phtographers" echoes to my mind.I went to Samfoto but I'd like to know more about works and goals of your group.Are there links for that?

I love the 6D, though, I stick to one camera only - the 5D Mark 3.

My dream however is the 1D C but I'm no millionaire, so... it stays a dream.

Your 5D looks well used - you got signs of a true journalist on it!
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sigve
              Sigve commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for your nice comment.

November 23, 2014:

Morning meeting:

Meløyfjorden, Helgelandskysten, northbound Nordlys in the morning sun, seen from southbound Polarlys.

(September 1999, Nikon, Fuji Velvia film)
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---

Comment

November 24, 2014:

Finnmarken, fully dressed, inbound, passing Dyna lighthouse, Oslo, April 2002, on her presentation cruise to The Orkneys, Hebrides, Isle of Man, Southampton, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Copenhagen and Oslo, after her delivery from Kleven Verft, Ulsteinvik. There she was named by Minister of Transport Torild Skogsholm April 4.

And then, leaving Oslo, bound for Bergen, April 18, 2002, where she took up her schedule April 20, 2002:

(Nikon, Fuji Velvia film)
              Regards; Sigve.
              ---

Comment

November 25, 2014:

Albatros docked at the new cruise terminal in Skjolden, Luster, Sogn & Fjordane. June 2013.

Here you can have a better view of the cruise terminal:

Regards; Sigve.
                ---

Comment

November 26, 2014:

Queen Elizabeth (3) approaching Flåm, June 2012. Far in the background you can see Queen Victoria also approaching.

Docked:

And the proud Captain, Commander Christopher Rynd:

Regards; Sigve.
                  ---

Comment

Amazing pictures. And again: the lines of an older ship appear much more elegant. So both captains can be proud!
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                    X