Sigve's Gallery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 3, 2014:

Summer night in Ytre Steinsundet, Solund. Finnmarken northbound. June 2004.

Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Wonderful compilation of pictures. Gives me a holiday feeling! Just one week until Denmark. OK, not Norway. But for a German inlander a big Skandinavian feeling anyhow!
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

This is a great gallery to look into from time to time.
        Needless to say, I like #200 and of course #241 with old vessel, old bus and old car. All of my interests in one! (Miss train though :-) ).

Keep up posting, look forward to following nice shots...., and if you got some, old pictures too :-)
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          ...and to add my thoughts to what Sterkoder just said, those skies, clouds, and hurtigrute in #256 and #260 are for sure ticking all my boxes! :-)

June 4, 2014:

Seascape; the Norwegian Ocean, seen from Vestkapp, Stad, December 1995.

(Nikon: Fuji Velvia film)

In the right low corner you can see the infamous rocks Bukketjuvane. This is a corruption of the word Boktyvene (The book thieves), named by famous author / vicar Petter Dass (1647 – 1707). This rock cost him a boatload of books, ordered from bookstores in Bergen, underway to Alstahaug, where Petter Dass eagerly awaited them. But they never got there, due to bad weather on Stad, as usual then, as now.

When Midnatsol lost her engine power in December 2003, she drifted against this rock, but got her propellers running in the last minute before she hit. If she had grounded there, it would have been the loss of more than books, it would have been a maritime catastrophy.
        Regards; Sigve.
        ---

Comment

• yvneac
          yvneac commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice memory here.For me Stadlandet is the place where I had a long long long kiss with my girl friend in 1981.

• Sigve
          Sigve commented
          Editing a comment
          That was a nice memory! What a nice comment!

• Ralf__
          Ralf__ commented
          Editing a comment
          Let's get intimate! Are you still together? Or what happened with your common Norwegian feelings? Oh, Sigve, you are touching a lot of memories with your thread. Great idea!

June 5, 2014:

Seascape with nuclear plant; Barsebäck in Sweden, now shut down, seen from DFDS Oslo – Copenhagen on a gray morning when approaching Copenhagen.

Regards; Sigve.
        ---

Comment

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the simplicity and the simplicity of subtle colours in these seascapes.

June 6, 2014:

Seascape with ships; Pentland Strait, a summer morning with magic light, under way from Scrabster to Torshavn, July 2008 (Canon digital photo).

Regards; Sigve.
        ---

Comment

Another delight special ...you're really spoiling me Sigve!

Comment

• Sigve
            Sigve commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your nice comment, Cecilia!

June 7, 2014:

Seascape/skyscape; the sun is descending into clouds and evening mist, coming in from the Norwegian Ocean, seen from Vestkapp, Stadlandet. May 1995.

Regards; Sigve.
          ---

Comment

June 8, 2014:

Seascape with Narvik (now Gann), Hustadvika, seen from Bergset, north of Bud. September 2006.

And now this thread takes a break. I’ll be back June 18 or 19, and don’t be surprised if there will come a report. From somewhere.
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---

Comment

June 9, 2014 (Filling up the gap):

Seascape; the Norwegian Ocean, seen from Vestkapp, Stad, December 1995. Seen in the foreground is the same rocks, Bukketjuvane, as told about in post # 259.

Regards; Sigve.
              ---

Comment

June 10, 2014 (filling up the gap):

Sildagapet is the piece of open sea between Vågsøy (Måløy, left) and Stadlandet (right), and is the beginning of Stadhavet when northbound. Seen from Selje on a December afternoon 1995.

Regards; Sigve.
                ---

Comment

June 11, 2014:

Report, kind of (part I):

The Alps, near Basel, Switzerland (according to our captain), and I apologize for Norwegians dirty windows who made it hard for the autofocus.

Santuari de Lluc in the mountains of Mallorca was our destination. The Santuari de Lluc is a monastery and pilgrimage site located in the municipality of Escorca in north-west Majorca. It is located on a height of 525 metres over the sea level.

Paelja was my first dinner here, and it looked delicious (and tasted so, too…)

The monastry restaurant had a small assortment of cats, who entertained the guests and loudly demanded their share from the plates.

(Ten days on Majorca; and not one single picture of a ship! Can you believe it?)
                  Regards; Sigve.
                  ---

Comment

June 12, 2014 (filling up the gap):

Report, kind of (part II):

Evening light, Santuari de Lluc, Majorca.

The breakfast room, Santuari de Lluc:

Foothiking in the majorcan mountains can be though, this is from one of the many popular trails:

One thing is certain; if you go down a mountain side on Majorca, you’ll have to climb it again on the other side. Believe me, there is a lot of uphill on Majorca!

Regards; Sigve.
                    ---

Comment

June 13, 2014 (filling the gap):

Report, sort of (part III):

Interior of the Basilika, Santuari de Lluc, Majorca:

The monastery has their own childrens choir, which gives a concert every day at 1315 hrs.

Majorca has its own Trollstigen, the steep and winding road to Port de sa Calobra.

Mediteranean postcard: the beach of Torrent de Pareis, Port de sa Calobra, Majorca.

Last edited by Sigve; June 19th, 2014, 07:29.
                      Regards; Sigve.
                      ---

Comment

June 14, 2014 (Filling the gap):

Report, sort of (part IV):

Oranges, Majorca.

Nothing but blue sky over Majorca for ten days!

The foot hiking terrain near Lluc, Majorca.

Majorcan foottrails are meticously built up and set with stone. And very well maintained.

Majorcan roads; Narrow and exciting!

When the rare snow came, it meant a great natural and economical resource. It was taken care of in snowhouses, like this one, with a masonry that stands today!

Regards; Sigve.
                        ---

Comment

Working...
                        X