SS365 – Seagull's Skyscape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 129– 2010 March 30

Last edited by Seagull; March 31st, 2010, 15:47.

Comment

All stunning Seagull! I love that really moody looking 128, but really wish we could have some more of 126 in the way of weather!
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

#124 and #129 are my favorites this week. The fog is pooring out of my monitor while watching #124 and the coulour composition including the frame of #129 is simply great!!

And commenting your comment: Sounds like you are now very familiar with your motives and the fears in the beginning are more and more pushed back by a big portion of self confidence and professional routine. And the result remains stunning, because you are always catching up new motives and ideas!! Really good work.
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
          All stunning Seagull! I love that really moody looking 128, but really wish we could have some more of 126 in the way of weather!
          You know Steve, I just knew that weather for 126 wasn’t the sign of things to come (even without looking at any weather satellite stuff ) because when I was posting the sequence for the week, I missed out that image and was wondering what had happened when I found I had a photo left over at the end! – hence those annoying edits on three of the posts .

And sure enough, this morning the snow is back, settled in the local streets overnight at the edge-of-town location. Here’s a neighbour’s car:-

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            You know Steve, I just knew that weather for 126 wasn’t the sign of things to come (even without looking at any weather satellite stuff ) because when I was posting the sequence for the week, I missed out that image and was wondering what had happened when I found I had a photo left over at the end! – hence those annoying edits on three of the posts .

And sure enough, this morning the snow is back, settled in the local streets overnight at the edge-of-town location. Here’s a neighbour’s car:-
            I recall, as a child, we always had snow just after the Easter holidays- but I can't remember road, rail & ferry cancellations like we have today.

I've not really said so before but I'm enjoying 'Seagull's Skyscape'; so many varied photographs

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
              ....I'm enjoying 'Seagull's Skyscape'; so many varied photographs
              Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
              .... and the coulour composition including the frame of #129 is simply great!!...
              Thanks very much indeed to you both. I had missed Ralf’s post earlier as it came while I was replying to Steve.

And forgive my selective quote from your comment Ralf, but that “including the frame” has given me a “Gorgeous smile of the day” laugh!
              LOOK, E, Ralf has just had a PINK moment!!!!!!

Actually I was just about to post from the Skyscape Diaries about that very image.

Comment

The Skyscape Diaries – 2010 March 30

I‘ve commented in the thread EP365--E's Year of Photos about those moments when somehow our projects with their different premise and reflecting our individual styles have nevertheless come together. Must be a CV sib-sister thing. E delighted me with images of a rainbow last Christmas Eve, and a sunset the day after and even a sunrise (with tree in the corner!) in January. The skies and clouds – and another rainbow – from her recent travels, culminating in that indescribable Day 147, brought us even closer together.

At a difficult time, Elizabeth has been much in my thoughts and prayers these last few days and I was determined to do something special for her, something that would show that her work had inspired me too. But how to do that within the rather specific concept of Seagull’s Skyscape?

I never actually needed to over-think this because in the end it just happened, a same-mind-moment.

Princes Street, Edinburgh, showers of rain turning to sleet, folk rushing for shelter or struggling against the gusts of wind. I noticed their reflections and that of the featureless grey sky in the wet pavement. Umbrellas! Yes, that would convey the rain showers, especially if controlling the umbrella seemed a struggle, thus indicating the wind as well. I looked back along the street for likely umbrella-struggling subject matter, and hung about – I won’t say inconspicuously, for I was umbrella-less and instead wearing my very bright blue Hurtigruten Fram anorak! – and trying to keep my camera dry inside my shopping bag between attempts at photography.

And then I saw them. They could almost have been E’s daughter Alix and friends out shopping.
                And they were certainly weather-challenged, bar one who at least had a woolly hat against the increasingly bitter cold. Click! I had taken that photo before I had even realised I had!

Originally posted by Seagull View Post

It has E’s style, it has SHOPPING . . . and it has PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I’d like to dedicate this image to Elizabeth, along with a get-well-soon to Alan (hoping that hearing about it will give him a smile).
                Last edited by Seagull; March 31st, 2010, 15:48.

Comment

Pink is OK as long as it is "antique pink".
                  I like the composition of the colours in this picture because there are also a lot of brown colours in it, and so it looks warm, although it is apparently lousy weather...
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I especially love 124, 125 and 126... very artistic and beautifully done (as always and expected from Lady C! )...
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The Skyscape Diaries – Week 19 – Snow briefly back!

A grey start to the week, snow again, and I’m back to taking photographs of the hedge, corner angle this time for a change. But the following day is sunny and I head for the hilltop. If I don’t go immediately the melting snow will turn the path into a stream, but wait a day, and a night frost could make the north facing steeper sections slippery and impassable. I decide on the view towards the south, with a picture of the seat, attracted by its shadow on the ground and the way the snow has stuck to the vertical slats.
                      Next day, 6.15 AM and already mission accomplished as a three-quarter moon sets behind the still snow-covered hills.

Comment

The Skyscape Diaries – Day 133 – 2010 April 3

Another nice day, but the sky had a rather pale blue look to it, and lacked interest. It was going to need to be one of those creative “think outside the box” sort of days.

I actually ended up taking a photo of the box, if that expression for a TV set can still be used in these days of flat screens!

It was the qualifying session for the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix that I was watching. It turned out to be an exciting one, with unexpected results as the torrential downpours caught out many of the top teams. I suddenly had the idea of contrasting the rain in Kuala Lumpur with the sun in Edinburgh.

Comment

The Skyscape Diaries – Day 135 – 2010 April 5

The hill called Arthur’s Seat in Holyrood Park near the centre of the city has featured previously in this project, but not from this viewpoint, looking east across the park known as The Meadows.

I could not help thinking that from this angle the outline of the hill resembles a sitting elephant, an impression no doubt reinforced by my recent travels in Thailand! There is the elephant’s broad back, the summit of the hill is its head, and surely that is the trunk pointing down, and disappearing behind the crags on the left of the photo.

Comment

Day 130– 2010 March 31

Comment

Day 131– 2010 April 1

Comment

Day 132– 2010 April 2

Comment

Working...
                                X