Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: MPP - Multiple Personality Photos!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Assignment: MPP - Multiple Personality Photos!

Photo Assignment: MPP - Multiple Personality Photos!

Hello there all members and fellow photographers.... another idea came into my mind, a thread for MPP!

This thread is naturally really dependent on your own creativity and support...

MPP is photos where you clone several "you's" into the same image... a while back, I made a couple of them... one was called Fish Stories and presented in the now almost completed P365.

I would really, really, really like to see if anyone else has had a go at this and off course, I would love to see your creativity unfold.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

How do you do this????

Comment

Just so Elizabeth wouldn't be alone: How in the world do you do that....????
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Actually, there are several ways to do it...

The simplest would be to have twin brothers/ sisters...

If not, you could go for another option: this is how I did it.... well, roughly how I did it:

1/ Your camera must be set on a steady ground (tripod) so that it doesn't move.

2/ By using the timer, take several pictures of yourself in different 'places' without moving the camera.

3/ When you have the pictures safe in your computer, use a photo-editing program and the cut and past function to copy yourself onto one of the images.....

TIP: To begin with, start with simple surroundings so that you get a hang of it.

It's actually quite simple, and the results can be quite hilarious with some creativity and try-and-fail.

Would love to see what we would be able to do...

You could also do the same with others as subject... friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, wifes, husbands etc etc....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

BTW... I'm sure there are also programs on the net that could help you, in addition to some other more complicated ways also...

I'll try to make some more samples for you...

Comment

guess that means I should actually read my coursework for the photoshop course I have....guess just downloading it doesn't work.....

Comment

Some of those that I did quite a while back, to stimulate others to go and have some fun with their cameras:

Comment

The shadows...the shadows!!! How the heck did you do this....

Comment

This thread shows how little I know about Photoshop. On one level I do not like touching my photographs. If I do not catch it in the wild, fair and square I do not want it. But then I see what can be done on the computer and I think I should learn more.

I have to learn how to make a picture of me taking a picture of myself from the 3rd person.

Comment

On one level I do not like touching my photographs. If I do not catch it in the wild, fair and square I do not want it.
                    I was there 12 to 18 months ago. Then I started to work with my pictures, like any other photographer in the world. I didn't adjust my pictures automaticly, but corrected manually colour, contrast, light, shadow and what not, and I've also started to crop....., giving very rewarding results. You should try it...., in fact I encourage all to work with pictures.
                    (MRK!: By saying this, I don't mean that pictures in here are not good...., please do not misunderstand me in that way!).

Comment

You make a very, very good point Sterkoder. I was just like you as well a while ago... placed images straight from the camera to a file.

Then, a Thai friend of mine said it was silly to not run them through some sort of editing... whether just a little or a lot... sometimes, a tiny bit of extra saturation can save a picture from being 'just average' to becoming stunning. My Thai photographing friend stated that 99,99% of all professional photographers has used PS.... some images require a little work, some require more. It's just a very natural part of the process.

Honestly, I run most of all images through some PS: normally I look for imperfections in the landscape, such as unwanted elements (TV antennaes on old buildings, people, phone cables, electricity poles,.... so many things that is better if they are not in the frame). Then, normally, I adjust saturation, lightness and contrast.... some images that are taken comes out rather 'dull' (flat in color) but with a bit of touch-up, they become quite a bit of interesting.

It's natural, play with it, be proud of it and enjoy learning it.

I have to admit though, I'm no pro on PS.... I'm self thought and just try to look for things, improve things, remove imperfections and so on... and each time I learn something new.

Just see how much better an image looks with a nice frame, a nice text, a better visual color range... ! Nothing to be ashamed over. Totally normal.

Comment

Just have to mention also, PS full edition is a high way robbery though... and there are probably 90% features which you will never use in it.

Go for other options, some free, find the one you like or invest in Photoshop Elements which covers most of the basics you will ever need.

Comment

Elements is what I use.... I bought mine from a teacher's supply site so I got a discount..... I have taken two online courses (well, finished one and downloaded another....but just downloading it doesn't work...you have to do the lessons.......) and I really enjoyed them...

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                            The shadows...the shadows!!! How the heck did you do this....
                            I'm still wondering...

Did you layer them along the door frame with a bump out to capture your cell phone on one side and the lock on the other???

Or will you have to kill me if you tell me???????

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              You make a very, very good point Sterkoder. I was just like you as well a while ago... placed images straight from the camera to a file.

Then, a Thai friend of mine said it was silly to not run them through some sort of editing... whether just a little or a lot... sometimes, a tiny bit of extra saturation can save a picture from being 'just average' to becoming stunning. My Thai photographing friend stated that 99,99% of all professional photographers has used PS.... some images require a little work, some require more. It's just a very natural part of the process.

Honestly, I run most of all images through some PS: normally I look for imperfections in the landscape, such as unwanted elements (TV antennaes on old buildings, people, phone cables, electricity poles,.... so many things that is better if they are not in the frame). Then, normally, I adjust saturation, lightness and contrast.... some images that are taken comes out rather 'dull' (flat in color) but with a bit of touch-up, they become quite a bit of interesting.

It's natural, play with it, be proud of it and enjoy learning it.

I have to admit though, I'm no pro on PS.... I'm self thought and just try to look for things, improve things, remove imperfections and so on... and each time I learn something new.

Just see how much better an image looks with a nice frame, a nice text, a better visual color range... ! Nothing to be ashamed over. Totally normal.
                              Totally agree....., you're so right. And since there are some photographers in here who picture seagoing vessels, or making pictures where the sea is a part of the picture:

If there are no artistic reason for it what so ever, please...., PLEASE, at least straighten up your horizons and make the water and horizon flat..., horizontal.
                              The sea and horizon are not angled in real life, so why should it be on a picture...?
                              (Not a big problem in here, but I can find adresses to shipspotting web-pages where this is more illustrious).

(But then again, as the top norwegian photographer Morten Krogvoll always say: -"If YOU think your picture is perfect, then it IS perfect! The most important in photograph is that you have fun doing it"...., and I can agree to that too).

Please don't misunderstand me, but since we're talking about taking pictures and using PS, I thought I would mention something that I have on my mind. Others might have other things they think strongly about when using a camera...
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; September 11th, 2009, 14:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X