Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photo Assignment: Abandoned and dilipated houses and properties

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    "Some assembly and refurbishment may be required".....
    Yep - but what a view!

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Not really abandonned....but looks like!

Comment

• Good grief - a rural Post Office in the British Isles that's still open!! That is a rarety indeed.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• When Scotland gains independance they'll probably designate it an Ancient Monument.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            When Scotland gains independance they'll probably designate it an Ancient Monument.

The post office or the customer?
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, witty, witty!

• Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
            Good grief - a rural Post Office in the British Isles that's still open!! That is a rarety indeed.
            Are you kidding Mark?
            In France this splendid post would be the Telecom head office.

Comment

• An abandoned lighthouse in Leith

I recently discussed the fascinating history of this lighthouse and posted some photos of it in the Lighthouses thread, but here are more images of this fascinating structure with the emphasis on its abandoned state.

Comment

• It's possible to get right up to the lighthouse from the corner of the park, though I struggle to poke my camera lens between the railings – it's fortuitous that the shadow of the railings on this sunny afternoon contributed to the composition!

Comment

• Clearly the railings are no deterrent to some.

Comment

• With sturdy shoes, low tide, and unbelievable lack of even the slightest breeze in this exposed spot there was no problem in walking around the lighthouse.

Comment

• I tried taking details from various viewpoints:

Comment

• The sunlight filtering through the room in the tower, far from brightening up the derelict surroundings, seemed to impart an eerily mysterious occupied look, as if someone had just left a light on and opened the window.

Comment

• The spooky atmosphere lingered in the gloomy recesses beneath the concrete platform.

Comment

• It was time to try getting creative, and attempt to convey more of the scarier aspect of this abandoned building. I thought a bit about images I'd seen of pakarang's and, feeling inspired but inadequate, I did something I've never done before – taking a photograph with the premeditated intention of creatively processing it afterwards.

Comment

• Finally I also took an image to convert to black and white later (though I can hardly say that was a "first" as I used to take, develop and print black and white photos back in the 70's).
                              I hope I have managed to convey to you something of the sense of unease and strangeness of this place.

Comment

Working...
                              X