No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Abandoned and dilipated houses and properties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, let's see now... is it on a lake or fjord?
    I don't spot seaweed or evidence of high- and low tide, so that must be a lake
    (Like your idea).
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
      Doesn't really look abandoned--just overgrown....a wee bit rustic for me...but with a saw, bushhog and a few big teenaged boys for the heavy lifting.....how lovely it could be!!!!
      Take a second look.. there are trees groing out the window frames where the glass used to sit.... Abandoned!

And yes, it's by a tiny lake just before the road down to Bronnoysund... a few hundred meters on, and you'd have a great view of Torghatten (the mountain with a hole through).
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

OOPS--I see what you mean...Ok, bulldoze the whole lot and we'll put up a shiny new Donald-Trump-meets-Disneyland Complex for us....

...not......

Comment

This is an old farm just a few minutes from where I am, I do remember it being in use up until around 20 years ago. Then it was left empty & abandoned ever since, no explantion as why or what happened.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
            This is an old farm just a few minutes from where I am, I do remember it being in use up until around 20 years ago. Then it was left empty & abandoned ever since, no explantion as why or what happened.
            Kind of strange seeing it sitting there so abandoned. It's indeed a large farm. Or, to put it more correctly, it was a large farm.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

And brick!! Really makes you wonder when something that sturdy is abandoned...you become curious about the history!

Comment

This is High Marnham Power Station, it's been abandoned for about 6 years now. Every main building has been demolished except the 5 cooling towers.

Comment

How cool would it be to turn a cooling tower into a house. Install an elevator. Big round bedroom on the top, huge garage for toys on the bottom floor. Which house is yours? Oh, it's the third cooling tower on the left.

Comment

can you tell which one is mine??????

Thanks, Dane, for the laugh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                      How cool would it be to turn a cooling tower into a house. Install an elevator. Big round bedroom on the top, huge garage for toys on the bottom floor. Which house is yours? Oh, it's the third cooling tower on the left.
                      I think you are underestimating the size of such a cooling tower. So maybe it would me more easy to use a helicopter instead an elevator.
                      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                        I think you are underestimating the size of such a cooling tower. So maybe it would me more easy to use a helicopter instead an elevator.
                        Quote from WikipediA:
                        The towers vary in size from small roof-top units to very large hyperboloid structures (as in Image 1) that can be up to 200 metres tall and 100 metres in diameter.

Enormous garage for toys on the bottom floor, 7850 square metre or 84466 square foot. You can park a 747 or two there, and still have free space.
                        Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

They would be cool if ever converted to become apartments... ! Round walls !

Comment

Two abandoned things in one photo! – the remains of an abandoned garage filling station, and an old lamp-post.

Comment

Here is the signalbox to the station near me. It was burnt out a few years ago, but it is Grade II listed so it cannot be demolished.

Comment

Here is the station house from the same station above. Inside is all old dark mahogany and very very nice, but it became surplus and closed in the late 1980s.

Comment

Working...
                                X