No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: HDR Photography and Gallery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely prefer Photomatix in example #33.
    But I’m not sure what it’s doing to the foreground trees in #32 – sort of lighter behind the branches.

Actually what I’d be tempted to do with #32 is to forget the sunset altogether and just crop the Artizen version and enjoy the trees against that vivid dark blue!

Love that second bonus image of the cold rocky river.

Comment

I'm with Seagull...I think I prefer the gentler colors of the photomatix.

Ooh, you make me chilly with those river shots!

Comment

I have a burned house photographed in HDR. Here is the result:

Comment

I'm not normally a HDR person, probably because I'm useless at it... but these are quite brilliant Miezemuis!!
          Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

The one with the stairs is almost a bit spooky!

Must be a really strange feeling seeing, smelling and experiencing a location such as this: the site of a tragedy and the site of so many broken dreams. Intriguing.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you both for the compliment.

Iit was really dangerous and very moving. the smell, what happened, etc. I hope never happens to us.....

Comment

Re: Photo Assignment: HDR Photography and Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by wesley View Post

Wesley: this one is awesome! I've been staring at it for 5 minutes, and I do not know why...!

This is a HDR which works VERY WELL in my eyes. Well done.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

at the historic shipyard in Woudrichem.

Comment

Apart from the vignetting around the trees leaves, this is awesome. I love the way the boats look, and the rich detail the whole image holds. Well done!

Comment

Last edited by cornel1976; April 6th, 2013, 16:13. Reason: china by light photo made in rotterdam

Comment

Last edited by cornel1976; April 6th, 2013, 16:31. Reason: this photo is made in the bieschbos

Comment

Why don't we all welcome 'cornel1976' into our friendly family..? Welcome you are!

As for HDR, I was totally against it all in the beginning.
                            Now I've changed opinion and enjoy it so much that I've just downloaded Photomatix Pro 4.2.6...., planning to practice in the trial version for a while.

The main reason, or to be honest the only reason, I changed when it came to HDR in photography, was my discovery of Andreas S., Martin Widlund and Ernest Sebastiens HDR images on flickr.

They combine my facination of abandoned places and now HDR in a way which makes their images masterpieces.

I have yet to take my first HDR, but will try soon....
                            (Tested the HDR setting in my camera, but that has less to do with HDR than making one on my own by using Photomatix).
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

thank u sterkoder bud i am cornel and i have a new name because i fargot my password and my englisch is not perfect sorry ,and hdr like it too on the fotoclub they like my hdr picture too

Comment

i made this image of this castle in a village near neerijnen

Last edited by cornel1976; April 6th, 2013, 16:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X