Photo Assignment: Graveyards and cemeteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment: Graveyards and cemeteries

An excellent idea for camera shots, Cecilia, especially where you have a really good, large cemetery like that one. I only wish I had had a camera whan I was staying in what is now St. Petersburg years ago, my hotel was at the top of Nevski Prospekt, and the cemetery of the Alexander Nevsky Monastery almost opposite had the most wonderful statuary, with the monuments to and graves of world famous people - Borodin, Tchaikovsky, Dostoevsky and suchlike. It was an absolute feast!
    You have inspired me to have a browse around a few churchyards, though I don't know of any with images to bear comparison with yours. But we shall see.
    Thank you for a wonderful collection. More please!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I had no idea that the iPAD camera was that good... it's actually a feature I do not see the need for, but as a webcamera, absolutely.

Great shots though! Really good quality.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

After looking through the collection of photos you've put together Cecilia I can only say... WOW!!!!
        I had no idea they could do that, is it the IPADII or the first IPAD edition?
        Either way, I've had a very enjoyable time perusing this fascinating look into Graveyards and Cemeteries.
        Brilliant thread!!
        Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

It’s actually the recently released iPad3, aka New iPad, Paul. I did compare the image quality with an iPad2 and the new is much superior. (The original iPad didn’t have a camera).

Of course I can understand that most of you folk already have a back-up photo-taking ability on your smart phones, can fling your bulging heavy camera bags in your cars and so on…(or you’re a pakarang which comes with built-in Canon DSLR as standard!!!! )… but for me it is a handy feature to have available in some situations.

The cemetery visit was just to see what was possible with it and, as well as the technical interest, that you found the results worth looking at is pleasing. I am reminded of a TV series, can’t remember what it was called and I only saw a couple of the later episodes anyway, but the idea was that they had a professional photographer, a keen amateur, and an absolute beginner (that might even have been the presenter), and a top DSLR, a mid-range and the simplest of point and shoot cameras. On days out they then randomly allocated the people to the cameras!…I thought there was something to learn from the amazing images the pro could produce with just talent and the instant camera!

Comment

This scene straight away appealed to my sense of quiet contemplation, it was as the sun goes down with a few of my family's graves in the foreground.
            Kind of sad, but glad they have such a pretty resting place and view.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Love the silhouettes and the sunlight! Beautiful!

Comment

Working...
              X