No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment : The Sky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way, Sterkoder misunderstood what I said. See my comment above, i.e.:
    Ah, but I was referring to your words "I should look into....", i.e. not necessarily post, but to see and even comment on other members' pics.

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Don't be alarmed..., I see what you mean both of you :-)
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Some skyscapes from my usual venue (at home) during this monsoon transition season.

Building up to a thunder storm on 16. Nov. 2014:

And back again:

Comment

Different day (19.Nov. 2014):

Comment

More pictures of the monsoon front passing over. This from Penang, West Malaysia:

A panorama view of the Northern sky as seen from 36th Floor of Northam Hotel, Penang:

The same view from beach level:

From Penang Hill the next day:

That was follow by pelting rain for nearly 2 1/2 hr.:

Somewhere down there is Georgetown:

It eventually cleared up to where we could see the bridge from Pulau Pinang to the mainland:

Comment

• Seagull
              Seagull commented
              Editing a comment
              That first photo just stopped me in my tracks. An absolute WOW and 'Wish I'd taken that' skyscape!

• ombugge
              ombugge commented
              Editing a comment
              It may have been helped by the tinted glass in the hotel room window.

More skyscapes from Penang:

One more tinted window shot:

Approaching storm:

Comment

Since I'm in the sky thread I'll add some skyscapes from Singapore as well. As said earlier, when the monsoon front passes over, either on it's way North or South, we get a lot of clouds and heavy rain. This makes for some nice skyscapes at times, but mostly just dull gray skies.

Here is some pictures I have taken from home these last few months/weeks:

Comment

I don't know about you, but I see a map New Guinea here:

Comment

The streets are darkening, but the sky is still bright:

The X-mas decorations in Orchard Road has already been turned on.

Comment

Mother of Pearl clouds over part of Norway: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/105906/v...yer-over-norge

Comment

Mother-of-pearl clouds seen from my home 22. December 2014 at 16:00

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

• Seagull
                        Seagull commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wonderful to have seen this, and such a wonderful photo too.

• nari
                        nari commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They are beautiful clouds and I did not know they were called mother of pearl. I know them, rarely, as nacreous cloud. They are rare in our part of the world.

Some skyscapes from around Singapore Port:

Comment

Some more skyscapes from Singapore these last couple of weeks:

Yesterday:

Comment

The sky over Singapore on a nice day in the SW-monsoon season:

Comment

my view from the Holiday Inn Hotel at Glasgow airport, looks like someone switched on a spotlight.. lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Working...
                            X