No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment : The Sky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just enlarged that pic. (this new version doesn't seem to enlarge so easily as the old one, by the way) and I think that is the isle of Wight, with the Needles showing up white in the centre.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• kiki42
      kiki42 commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't enlarge , I will need to look at a map, as we did cross what looked like an island before the mainland , I will be flying to Gatwick again in December, I will see if they cross the same area.

I had this in the moon section..... A puzzel to solve !!!! flying to Tromso , the white blob ( lol) in the distance i took to be the moon and then that blob became RED as we travelled on... Was that the MOON ?

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

• ombugge
      ombugge commented
      Editing a comment
      It could be either, depending on the time of day and latitude/altitude.

Angry skies:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• carinahansen
      carinahansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, cool photo. Looks angry, indeed

From a friend of mine, a picture taken in Himalaya.

Comment

Beautiful sky, and neatly balanced by the reflections and the colourful (prayer?) flags in the foreground.
      Ivy

Comment

Mid-afternoon - a somewhat dishevelled "mare's tail":

Late evening of the same day:

Ivy

Comment

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          LOVE these! A perfect pairing of "diagonal clouds"!

Another Skyscape from Singapore. This one looking NE from the new Megayard at Tuas South:

And looking SE from the same place:

Take your pick, if this belongs here, or should be in some Ship thread.

Comment

Oh. let it stay here! The vessels are mere incidentals in two delightful views. There are plenty of ships elsewhere to look at!
          Ivy

Comment

A busy morning in the skies, plane trails from my kitchen window ..

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

What a catch. I have counted the contrails on days when it seems busy but I don't think I have ever seen half as many.

Comment

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                No, I didn't know about flightradar24 - what fun. I can now check on a regular morning flight that seems to be from roughly ESE. I've often wondered whither it is bound.

• PoloUK
                PoloUK commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah - that'll be the daily flight thither then!

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Never assume! he-he-he.

Oh, kiki, you must live beneath a very busy air-corridor!
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• kiki42
                kiki42 commented
                Editing a comment
                seems to be in the morning then nothing all day. , but fascinating watching out for them.
                I think that was at the weekend, so maybe more planes passing.. I know here at the airport it is the busiest time for flights coming and going,,

Many nice pictures here. I should look into 'Photo Assignment' more often, I see that....
              Anyway, as I sat by the dinnertable tonight, a beauty of a cumulus rised on the north sky. Had to put down knife and fork and grab my Pentax.
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• kiki42
                kiki42 commented
                Editing a comment
                amazing photo..

good you did Svein,and a nice color aswel in the clouds.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Thijs!
                At my job pc here now, I see that the image appear much, much darker..., and the clouds very much "browner" than on my lap top screen.
                That was not effects added by me.
                Difference in screen quality I guess, but it suddenly leed me to think about all the images I've posted previously. Because I see the image as on my job pc as a drop in quality. (Hope not many of you got the Benq BL2410 skreen then :-)

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              Many nice pictures here. I should look into 'Photo Assignment' more often, I see that....
              Yes, you should, Sterkoder, and into other threads as well. The variety of seeing what other people are doing is good for all of us.
              Great cumulus image.
              Ivy

Comment

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks.
                Yes, the variety is good.
                The main reason for me posting my images more or less in the same post is that often (nearly always) my photos include ships, cars, architechture, nature and more. If they are taken in Kristiansund..., well..., they go into the Kristiansund thread. And so on.
                There are so many different threads in here that after a photoshoot and editing of 10-20 images, it would take forever to post one here, two there, five another place and three in a fourth thread, and so on.
                When I do my trips to Ålesund, Åndalsnes, Oppdal, Sunndal and so on, it's all one and the same trip, and I find it quite natural to post all in one thread...., and you viewers would not need to jump back and forth in and out of different threads all the time.
                Well, I can only be better..., can't we all? :-)

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, but I was referring to your words "I should look into....", i.e. not necessarily post, but to see and even comment on other members' pics.

pitty you do it on that way Svein.
              i hardly look at the city tours from our members,just now and then.
              Only Kristiansund (of yout cities threads) i look more often because you ar living there,but the rest of al those cities,not my cup of thea.
              i still have the idea that a tug belongs in he tug threat,heavy list vessel ,in it's own threat ectectect.
              now i maybe see a vessel in one of your Norway cities thread,but i'm surching in its own thread later,did forget it was in a city thread.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
              X