Photo Assignment : The Sky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment : The Sky

I think you and Thijs are doing wonderful things for my skyscape withdrawal symptoms!!!
    #30/1 …Looks like the head of a poodle dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      I think you and Thijs are doing wonderful things for my skyscape withdrawal symptoms!!!
      #30/1 …Looks like the head of a poodle dog!
      Ah! Glad to be of service Seagull! Poodle? I still can't see anything, strange huh'?
      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

No, it's one of those 'orrible little cherubs blowing bubblegum!
        That one in #30.2 is almost 3D with the dramatic shading of the clouds, and the following one is so different with the delicate frilling. I suppose that vertical streak is a trail, much blown by the wind, looks strange, dosn't it? And that last one, what a beautiful sky, Paul.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          That one in #30.2 is almost 3D with the dramatic shading of the clouds, and the following one is so different with the delicate frilling. I suppose that vertical streak is a trail, much blown by the wind, looks strange, dosn't it? And that last one, what a beautiful sky, Paul.
          Nope! Still don't see anything...
          #30.2 was the scene outside of my back yard, not the greatest of light to work with for photographing my dogs. So I took advantage of the cloud scene instead.
          What causes the frilling effect on the cloud photo below isn't something I know about, strange that it had almost it's own little twister though.
          The last one being the mackerel sky, is so weird. What makes that though?

Comment

Nope! Still don't see anything...
            #30.2 was the scene outside of my back yard, not the greatest of light to work with for photographing my dogs. So I took advantage of the cloud scene instead.
            What causes the frilling effect on the cloud photo below isn't something I know about, strange that it had almost it's own little twister though.
            The last one being the mackerel sky, is so weird. What makes that though?

Here is one that you might find interesting, find being the operative word, as in aircraft!

Comment

i can't make it any clearer (i think),when it is a dog,if it is a pig then i could be the hand that streach out for taking a ear for placing a earmark.
              (but maybe i see that, i'm a countryboy (for the pig version) and i had 3 hanging ear dogs)
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Awww THANKS Thijs!....I'd just been wondering about trying to make some indication on Paul's picture, but you made a perfect explanation there!

Comment

You know what I am for puzzles, Paul! But I found your plane - scarcely bigger than a pin-head! Very clever. But it's also a great photo, very powerful.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post

i can't make it any clearer (i think),when it is a dog,if it is a pig then i could be the hand that streach out for taking a ear for placing a earmark.
                    (but maybe i see that, i'm a countryboy (for the pig version) and i had 3 hanging ear dogs)
                    LOL! When I said I can't see any thing, I meant I couldn't see what others had pointed out... what I can see is someone bent over with their a** in air.
                    Sorry, I should have said what I meant better. But now you point it out Thijs I can see what you meant now.

Comment

You know what I am for puzzles, Paul! But I found your plane - scarcely bigger than a pin-head! Very clever. But it's also a great photo, very powerful.
                      Ah the plane, I actually didn't know it was there when I took it Ivy. But once I knew it was there I was quite chuffed with it!

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                        what I can see is someone bent over with their a** in air.
                        okay isee that now too,but what is sticking in that a**?
                        a bottle ,smal end first

someone sticking his/her head in there bosses a**,no can't be,that piece is to smal for that,or he/she is totally in and are we looking at there feets
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

I didn't know where to put this, but the clouds are maybe the "star" here so this is as good place as any.
                          "The sky" as seen from Hellesylt this morning:

Comment

The sky as seen from a launch heading home at 1730 yesterday:

We are in for a proper tropical rainstorm by the look of the northern sky:

Comment

The sun is still way above the horizon to the west:

And it is still clear to the south and east:

Comment

It is turning dark:

While the sun is reflected in the window of an office building:

In the taxi going home we got hit by a wall of water. Visibility on Pan Island Expressway was down to 30-40 m. as the front hit.

When I got home it had eased up a little:

And the sun tried to break through.

Comment

Working...
                                X