Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Assignments: Your DoF (Depth Of Field) Photos!

The one thing I love about cameras is their DoF capability , I think it brings something extra special to a photo that would ordinarily be just flat and uninteresting.
    So to kick things off here are a few of my efforts!

Here is a Harley Davidson fuel tank.

Lot's of chrome DoF!

Beware of Skulls!

Squirrel Monkey!

This could be fun....

Ooops! Can "Photo Assignments:" be added in front of the thread title, I forgot to do that! Thank you!
    Last edited by SaintsFCFan; October 1st, 2011, 14:40.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Re: Your DoF (Depth Of Field) Photos!

Great idea!

Can't wait to start sharing in this thread when I get off the ship!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      Great idea!

Can't wait to start sharing in this thread when I get off the ship!
      I thought it might be nice to have a thread on this subject.

Here's another I entitled "What A Boar"!

Comment

Thank goodness that boar is made of stone!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This is very interesting - I love the second Harley Davidson one. I'm not really sure what you mean by it that is different from taking a close-up, though. Do you mean this sort of thing? I put it in for yesterday's photo in my 366 thread.

Last edited by wherrygirl; October 5th, 2011, 20:15.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Excellent photo Ivy! Depth of field is exactly what you have in your photo, blurring out the background is exactly DoF!

Comment

Perfect focus of the corn (?), Ivy, whilst still keeping the background blurred.

Comment

A great idea for a picture thread! Personally i feel this is the most rewarding type of photography. I particularly liked the motorbike shots!

One from my archive:
                Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Thank you very much, Paul and J.O.
                  A beautiful shot of the harebell (is it?), I agree with you Speedbird, as this is one of my favourite types of photography.

Species tulip

Last edited by wherrygirl; October 6th, 2011, 08:38.
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                    A great idea for a picture thread! Personally i feel this is the most rewarding type of photography. I particularly liked the motorbike shots!

One from my archive:
                    I love the deep vibrant blue colour to this!!

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                      Thank you very much, Paul and J.O.
                      A beautiful shot of the harebell (is it?), I agree with you Speedbird, as this is one of my favourite types of photography.

Species tulip

I wouldn't have the foggiest what this is called, but I can name it as a stunning photo!!

Comment

Re: Photo Assignments: Your DoF (Depth Of Field) Photos!

Can't help you with that flower name there, Paul...., sorry! But a great photo it is!!

Have never reflected over what Dof was/is, but then I guess me too have been down that lane, and this is maybe one of them, an old rusty anchor in Kristiansund
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

That anchor is just perfect, Svein, beautiful image. I knew what depth of field was and, as I told Speedbird, it is one of my favourite aspects of photography, that and close-ups generally.
                          And Paul, my photo was one of the low growing species tulips. I can't remember whether it is one of the Kaufmannia group or a Praestans. Species tulips bloom earlier than the big ones, are vividly coloured and open out almost flat. This one I posted in my Garden Patch thread back in spring this year and I have several more flower DoF ones which I'll copy over here in due course, for it is good to have a thread specific to that kind of image.
                          Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            Can't help you with that flower name there, Paul...., sorry! But a great photo it is!!

Have never reflected over what Dof was/is, but then I guess me too have been down that lane, and this is maybe one of them, an old rusty anchor in Kristiansund
                            WoW!! What a cracking good shot Sterkoder!! Love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                              That anchor is just perfect, Svein, beautiful image. I knew what depth of field was and, as I told Speedbird, it is one of my favourite aspects of photography, that and close-ups generally.
                              And Paul, my photo was one of the low growing species tulips. I can't remember whether it is one of the Kaufmannia group or a Praestans. Species tulips bloom earlier than the big ones, are vividly coloured and open out almost flat. This one I posted in my Garden Patch thread back in spring this year and I have several more flower DoF ones which I'll copy over here in due course, for it is good to have a thread specific to that kind of image.
                              Now you are the person I'd turn to if I was to plant flowers Ivy! I am a complete loss when it comes to knowing what's what in the flower world!
                              But I am going to plant some vegetables..... I mean, how hard can it be! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X