X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sea-Otter
    started a topic Photo Assignment : Animals

Photo Assignment : Animals

This is a thread where we can post pics of animals , starting with....
    OMG, ITS A SHARK, GOD HELP US ALL!

Wait a minute....That seems to be something else than a shark...It is a...Sea-Otter?

There is two of them!

The crew onboard the ferry "Dyrøy" fed this one with fish

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    wellll ,i don't Always get away there without a gift,an unwanted gift.

• pakarang
    replied
    Hopefully, she didn't leave something else than footprints.

I don't know why, but seagulls here in my city really like to do a number 2 all over my car (and other people's cars too).

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Happy feet.

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    Love those feet!!

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Ralf.
    I never had seen it too, the Highway Cruiser had a metal hatch ,i knew they were on the roof,i could hear them walk.
    The new Highway Cruiser have a gkass hatch too.
    I ordered it.
    Wel i ordered the star sky which i also had in the old HC but the boss didn't oredered it on the new one.
    So did it myself. The packeage included thicker matrasses and the glass roof lid.

Which costs me spine nr 7.

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    10 of 10 points for creativity. I would never have had the idea how to catch a seabird from below! Great and surprising view. Look at these feet!

• janihudi
    replied
    Always nice ,an unexpected visit's from friends.
    (nor really unexpected,just throw some slices of bread for them.at Friday becore i can go home,i throw the left slices in pieces for them,but is alsways not enough)

image is taken through the glas hatch on top of the cabine. underside of the image is to the front window side to the truck

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    i don't know if they were still there,there are not any leftovers mere of the hotel guests.
    don't come there much, i think that every thing what there was to show,i have already taking images of.

many of differend birds here at the table and pole ,Always fun to see,but hardly to photograph them

• ombugge
    replied
    Walross is not a common sight along the Norwegian coast to my knowledge, but here is one that got as far south as Fosnavaag:
    https://www.vestlandsnytt.no/nyhende...n-16941668.ece

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Do you know how the little cygnets are doing now, in Woudrichem? I must wander down to the river here and see if I can see any. There used to be swans just near the wherry cut (where the scout hut is) but then a few years ago they moved further downstream.
    And that jay! You are lucky to have one in your area, although they are not the friendliest birds to have about. There's a jackdaw family here up in the big tree near the maltings conversion - and the racket all day. I don't know how many youngsters there are but the extremely loud, insistent "chjack" call from them must drive the people living in the maisonettes in that corner of the building absolutely mad. The other week I was thriled to see an adult come down to my bird bath/water vessel/sundial and it comes quite frequently now.
    And I have a new blackbird eating out of my hand, remember dear old AB? Most of it is for nestlings, but it does stop to gobble down a few sultanas for itself just once in a while. Blackbirds have as many as three broods each year, so they are frantically searching for food for a long time. My bird seems to be rather a small one, or perhaps the poor creature is half starved! I watched the other day as, with a beakful of sultanas, it was beseiged by a really insistent youngster. My bird went for it to scare it away, (It was probably some other blackbird's offspring) but the wretched little beggar fluffed up its feathers and lunged back.
    When my mother was alive she aften used to tell me the antics of the birds that she had watched out of the kitchen window, quite forgetting what she had intended to do there!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    we had a bleu jay at the feeder pole, but that idiot stays at the wrong side,

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    across the pond here there were a swan coupple had there nest

(later they placed those fences also at the long side)

and they get 5 chicks

but they are gone now.
    they were seen in the middle of the village,they catch them and brought them to Woudrichem.
    so sad ,but there issn't that much traffic near that pond as here, busy road here, it's safer for them.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

Yes ,like you wanted to take every whiff ????? Of wind there was

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    You get a Seagull of Approval award for these, Thijs! - especially the 733/1 "see how far up my wings go" position and the #735/1 "super soar"
Working...
X