No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment : Animals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely no need to be modest Thij - you should have heard me gasp out loud when I scrolled and action-squirrel #551 came into view!

PS …just the grey variety here in Edinburgh in the city's green spaces.

Comment

thank you Ladies,but i wish i had a few wel focused.
      but i think they ran about 1000km an hour
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Was closely supervised in the garden today. Despite our extended summer - still 20C and lovely out there - the runner beans are going all mis-shapen and odd. Whilst I was wrestling with beanpoles (no cow, magic seeds or giant jokes please) and bamboo supports, I suddenly realised I was being watched. He even waited for me to go to get the camera.

"I think the right hand side is my best side."

"No, on second thoughts I think I look redder this way around."

"You've missed a bit."

"Oi, you with the shovel - look at me when I'm staring and chirping at you."

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• PoloUK
          PoloUK commented
          Editing a comment
          Hee hee! I think he was having a 'bad feather day' anyway.

• kiki42
          kiki42 commented
          Editing a comment
          how sweet , and of course the photography is brilliant... way above my standard.. x

• PoloUK
          PoloUK commented
          Editing a comment
          Not true Kiki - your photos are great, the Scottish ones proved that. Thanks though!

hahaha,i like those kind communication images.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

~~
          Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          So you come from Holland? Really?

P1180932
          by wherrygirl, on Flickr[/CENTER]

yes we had a nice chat,we talked about cows and calfs,this and that.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

and i told him that about that everyone is driving,swimming ,walking,and even flying to the right side.
            he looks stranged,didn't believe me.
            and i say yes realy,much saver.
            and while we talked about that,it went wrong on the water.

no agression in Holland,we move on the right side.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

and when i see that they feed you here al old bread,

that you had to make it wet ,so that you can swallow it

best regards Thijs

Comment

wheni told hem we feed our swans frsh bread,the water flowed out of his beak.

from that on he was sure.
                take me to that Paradise ,you call Holland.
                but had to disapoint him.my car was complete full with camera gear.no place for a swan.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• kiki42
                  kiki42 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  amazing photography....... !

Orcas hunt tiger shark: http://gcaptain.com/ocras-hunt-eat-t...Captain.com%29

Comment

More Orcas on video: http://gcaptain.com/drone-films-kill...Captain.com%29

Here is Orcas playing in the wake of a boat at speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbh6qg8H3CY

Anybody remember Keiko, the killer whale that was rescued from a life in captivity, only to die in a fjord in Norway where it was searching for human contact?
                  Here is the story and chronology of its life and death: http://www.care2.com/causes/keiko-th...illy-star.html

Why do they keep on calling Orcas "Whales"? They are manifestly the largest species of Dolphins.

Comment

One pissed off Sealion on a Russian trawler: http://gcaptain.com/fishermen-catch-...ea-lion-video/

Comment

• PoloUK
                      PoloUK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Tidied up as requested by Ombugge and Thijs. It's almost certainly the software Ombugge - don't take it personally.

Whales in Troms: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/d...ne/a/23328481/

Comment

I don't think I would feel particularly SAFE in a tiny kayak whilst those whales were in the proximity....
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

After a few very late autumnal / early wintery days we had wall-to-wall sunshine for most of today, temperatures of 11 or 12C, and it was really rather pleasant.

Mrs PoloUK and I headed back to a long term haunt of ours, the Cotswold Wildlife Park near Burford in the Cotswolds. We've been there before with this thread!

The animals were looking relaxed, and yet animated and interested in various things going on, and many of them were kind enough to pose for the camera. So, here's a random selection.

In the glorious 'Madagascar' walk-through exhibit, the Lemurs were enjoying their breakfast in the treetops.

Until a Red Kite appeared overhead, one of them sounded the 'aerial predator' call, and they all dived to action stations - much to the amusement of the young lady Keeper who was doing an excellent talk on the animals as they frolicked and played around her until that point.

Next door someone was deep in thought.

Have you noticed these days how everything has gone Hi-Vis orange? Health & Safety gone mad.

Bless him, the beaky end didn't look impressed - almost embarrassed.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A little further around and the photographer's (and insurance salesman's) favourites were busy posing. First the meerkats.

A couple of very innocent (not) looking likely-lads hanging around on this corner.

And the rather lovely Prairie Dogs. These two were particularly cute. Big hug!!!

The Penguins were enjoying the sun.

Although this one had a funny walk and a very interrogative stare!

Whilst other locals were not necessarily having a 'good feather day'.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
                            yvneac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Your lemurs are really cute.
                            The "Thinker" could be an allegory of an economist looking at the statistics of unemployment........

• PoloUK
                            PoloUK commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't you think he (#569/4) looks a bit like Rowan Atkinson / Mr Bean?

• yvneac
                            yvneac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Could be.After having seen a Ingmar Bergman's movie......
                        Working...
                        X